Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
You made my xmas wish come true a few days late :P Putting DKS on steam (my preferred platform) for 19.99 today is a dream come true. Even though I heavily dislike the crap unneeded drm you put on the game (which I hope is being considered moved soon), 20 dollars is the right price for me so consider me a customer smile. I also bought the first 2 games earlier this year and heavily enjoyed them, so I look forward to DKS starting today!

Happy Holidays and best wishes for 2011!

*edit*

I understand that the devs did not want this form of DRM either. Here is hoping that something will change at some point. Evil publishers :P

Last edited by NightRayne; 02/01/11 05:54 PM.
addict
addict
That's a really tempting deal, if you ask me...
...even though it contains that blasted additional Securom DRM.

stranger
stranger
Picked it up on the DD myself.
$20. I can deal with secure-rom
I was gonna wait untill tomorow and pay the $27. glad it went dd though.

stranger
stranger
This does look tempting, and there are only a few hours left, but I had a quick question.

Would it be possible to buy it now, then hold off on the install until the securom gets taken out? Like, is there a limited amount of time I have to install after I purchase, or can I wait as long as it takes for the non-securom version to be available?

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by vikingpower
Would it be possible to buy it now, then hold off on the install until the securom gets taken out? Like, is there a limited amount of time I have to install after I purchase, or can I wait as long as it takes for the non-securom version to be available?

You can install/reinstall your games on Steam at any time on any computer (apart from any extra DRM activation issues) - but it may be a long time (even years) before they remove SecuRom, if they ever do, and by that time the game will no doubt cost less than $20.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for the quick reply! That is a good point, I guess I'll just past this up for now.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I think it was already mentioned at some point, but I do think uninstalling the game on steam will revoke the authorization and get you one slot back. So for example, I mainly have 1 gaming machine I play on always. Say I need to reformat my hard drive. I just uninstall the game on steam and I get the slot back (from 4 out of 5 to 5/5 slots available). I could be wrong on this so sorry in advance if I am. I do agree though that securom is unneeded and a pita.

stranger
stranger
Yeah, Securom is no good. I bought it anyway but it is a shame.

I wanted to know whether it's fine to play this game without finishing Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Are the stories heavily related?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by taviow
I wanted to know whether it's fine to play this game without finishing Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Are the stories heavily related?

No, you can play all the Divinity games like you wish ... wink

But for the story and especially the "humour", it's more fun to play at least first DD before playing the DKS. But it's not a "need to do" ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
L
stranger
stranger
L
I too picked up Divinity II / FOV package for that $19.99 deal on Steam. Very glad I was too since the Divinity series somehow passed me by. It is back up to $39.99 now.

SecureROM isn't ideal but if it helps in anyway to prevent piracy and the lessening of great game output then so what?

Oh and so far, I've had no issue at all uninstalling and reinstalling games via Steam as many times as I like.

Cheers.

Last edited by Lord Michlo; 08/01/11 07:50 PM.

Founder and protector of Clan Walker
https://www.clanwalker.net

~ Look to your own life before worrying how others are living theirs ~

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard