Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#434247 05/01/11 07:16 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've installed Divinity 2 (PC retail version) and updated the game, but when I play the graphics and audio are all choppy. Even the music at the very beginning is affected. This persists regardless of settings (low, medium, high, ultra high). The issue becomes really bad when the game music starts. During any kind of battle the video lag is unplayable until creature is defeated (meaning if I hit the attack button it is still apparently working).

I can play Civilization 5, starcraft 2 and mass effect 2 without any problems, so I don't think it's my computer. My specs are listed below however just in case.

****Note:
I originally had issues when installing the game:

"Unable to execute file:
E:\support\larian\PhysXRegInstaller.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 14001.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I then hit okay and the Divinity 2 installer said it was finished and allowed me to either click "play" or "go to website". I clicked "play" and I received another error message stating:

"Unable to execute file:
D:\Program Files\Divinity II - Ego Draconis\bin\Divinity2.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 14001.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I solved this by accessing the DVD CD and installing everything individually. Now the game will run (yay for small successes. Thanks Trippy.)

Windows XP Professional - Service Pack 3
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs)
2046MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Realtek HD Audio output

Let me know if you need any other system information.

Last edited by transendence; 05/01/11 07:37 AM.

"Bags! It's the toasted toads truth!" - Zed
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
And, no I do not have any anti-virus software running in the background.

ava Offline
Can you create a report with our support tool and send it to support@larian.com?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks ava. I just created the file and now I'm having a discussion with Lynn from the Larian Support Team. Hopefully my woes will be vanquished... or at least illuminated. lol

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well the Larian Support Team seems insanely busy. There's around 2 - 3 days delay in every response. Still haven't figured out the issue. I found out that I can play the Divinity 2 demo perfectly on max settings though...

ava Offline
Is that the DKS demo?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by transendence
Well the Larian Support Team seems insanely busy. There's around 2 - 3 days delay in every response. Still haven't figured out the issue. I found out that I can play the Divinity 2 demo perfectly on max settings though...

transendence, to ensure fastest services, please contact support@larian.com and if possible reference this thread please. We are a small team and we are indeed very busy wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard