Print Thread
#434383 06/01/11 12:24 AM
L
Lasher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Trying the Shaman's Revenge Quest. Got to the Red hammer area, decided on killing Aurelius but when I assume Dragon form, cannot even hit him for damage points. Problem with the game?

Lasher #434384 06/01/11 12:35 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
You can seldom kill humans, goblins, imps etc when taking dragon form: you'll need to do it as a human. It's not a bug, it's intended to work that way. Likewise, there's lots of things you can't attack in human form too, though that's probably just as well...

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #434493 06/01/11 05:24 PM
L
Lasher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
That could be a problem as Aurelius is a flying goblin when he retreats outside the cave. Game guide says I need to finish him off in Dragon form. Since he is flying, can't attack him in human form so far.

Lasher #434501 06/01/11 06:21 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh, I didn't realise that. I've never taken that particular quest branch which sounds it doesn't go quite how I expected... :o

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #434525 06/01/11 10:17 PM
Support
Support

Aurelius is the human; Svadilfari is the leader of the Red Hammer tribe.

Leaving the cave, did you get the cutscene of Svadilfari taking flight?

If you fly near/by him with your Fire Breath going (which would be trivial if you could use Target Lock), does that do any damage? Even a little bit of damage could hopefully reset something and allow you to start targeting him.

If you re-enter the cave, maybe take out any remaining goblins, and go outside again can he be targeted then? If not, try going to your battle tower or Broken Valley, and then return to that part of the fjords.

Raze #434529 06/01/11 10:27 PM
L
Lasher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Sorry, got the two confused. Have tried 15 times and even when I supposedly hit him, no damage. What is Target Lock? Haven't seen that skill/ability. Have gone back to cave and cleared it out but results are same. PS I am fighting Svadilfarier, not Aurelius.

Lasher #434537 06/01/11 11:17 PM
Support
Support

On the Xbox, holding the left trigger down will zoom the camera in to an almost over-the-shoulder view, and your character will remain fixed on a specific opponent. I'm not sure if this is available in the PC version. As a dragon I sometimes found this handy to automatically follow dragon generals, etc, that you had to hit repeatedly to take out (ie if you left them too long when they dodged they could be fully healed by the time you got back to them) or with opponents near the edge of your range (that you might not be able to attack fast enough if they were only in range for half a second). I never bothered using this as a human; as a dragon you just need to be careful that you don't automatically to follow an opponent into an anti-dragon shield, or too close to wizard towers, etc.

A few people have had problems doing damage to some opponents, a couple of which were with the goblin general on the path at the start of the fjords, by the teleporter. Often leaving the area and returning would correct the problem, or in one case someone simply jumped off the mountain in the fjords, and when they worked their way back up the path later they were able to do damage as normal.

If you still can not target Svadilfari, try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and possibly a link to this topic.

Raze #435998 19/01/11 03:13 AM
stranger
stranger
Well on the pc if you move the mouse forward and back you get slightly different viewing angles,

But target lock basically locks the little target icon over a specific enemy, and will make it easier to just attack a certain individual.

Last edited by Pogue Mahon; 19/01/11 03:13 AM.

i7 Extreme 965 bloomfield 3.20GHz
Asus rampage Ii Extreme
12Gb of Corsair ram CM3X2G1600C8D
nvidia Geforce GTX 285 (soon to be upgraded)
win 7 64 bit

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard