journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
My dear brother & sisters..

which is better??
One Handed sword fighting
Two handed sword fighting or
One handed and shield.

I Know Archer in this game is overpowered/ advantages But Im a warrior with swords
and believe in the code of chivalry and the code of Honor.
Please support your answer by providing me with the name of the weapon.
Suggestions??

hQ62 #434716 08/01/11 02:49 PM
veteran
veteran
Sigh.
This is like.. 23 thread about such question. Why can't you keep all in one?

Anyway, the dual-wielding is better. More sum damage + more enchantments/charms.

Kein #434728 08/01/11 05:01 PM
hQ62 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Then how come when i used dual sword the damage is lower than one handed sword?? think

hQ62 #434740 08/01/11 07:33 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by hQ62
Then how come when i used dual sword the damage is lower than one handed sword?? think

I would say it is personal preference, especially given your answer to the advice sought.

You'll still get through the game, stop worrying about which is "better" since really, it is all relative. Just have fun.

Founder and protector of Clan Walker
https://www.clanwalker.net

~ Look to your own life before worrying how others are living theirs ~
Support
Support

In the stats the average damage of the two weapons is listed; your actual damage would be double that. Also, at low skill levels there is a fairly large damage penalty for the off-hand (at the beginning of D2:ED I selected secondary weapons more for their bonuses than damage, since it didn't seem to make a huge difference). Eventually your off-hand will start getting a bonus rather than a penalty, and then become stronger than your main hand.

hQ62 #434783 09/01/11 06:44 AM
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
lol
the dude that asking this question finished the game already with dual wield and i think he know very good how good it is - he is asking about the other option such as two handed one handed and one handed with shield...
and well if it was me - i advice the two handed (i think) because its the closest to the dual wield damage ( for example when my best dual rush attack did 32k dmg the best two handed sword (abraxas claw) did around 29k)

and about your question how the dmg is lower when you see it on the menu (if i understood correctly)
its because with one handed its shows how each hit gives and with dual it shows how only 1 hit of 2 will dmg so you need to double the ammount of dmg shown on the menu at least that what i think...

Last edited by Uriel; 09/01/11 06:46 AM.
Uriel #434792 09/01/11 10:23 AM
veteran
veteran
If you care only about criticals, then it's 2H ofc, but who cares about rare criticals when you can do more damage persistently.

hQ62 #434795 09/01/11 10:30 AM
journeyman
journeyman
well you want to be a warrior straight true

well there are some options you can consider:
between dual wield skill and two handed skill, dual wield is the better one in the long term
two handed can be good in the early start of the game

also rush attack is a must to finish off enemy rangers and shamans/healers
wirlwind is also a must because very often you are surrounded with enemy's

bleed is also a nice skill to have adding more damage with each blow (dual wield deal deals then double damage and double bleed damage)

mana leach is also handy (because you consume mana)
life leach to survive in the heat of battle

hide in shadow skill: to get some rest if the battle is to intense

later in the game you can add thousant strikes attack 5 times with out getting a hit in return.

well if you don't want to use magic this is it, but if you don't mind use magic then two more skills you must have.

magic blast: this skill can kill any enemy in the game (put it on 10 and watch what will happen;))
firewall because you will be surrounded with enemey's quite often

I'm not God, but I'm close
M
addict
addict
M
Not sure how it goes in the endgame, but for the 10 first levels or so, one handed is much better than two handed. You attack much more quickly (feels like twice as fast), so you deal more damage.

Once you don't get penalties for dual wielding anymore, enchants change that.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard