Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I know how to guain experience on an easy way!
its very simple, when you go to Keara's ice fortress there's a part where you have to find the name of the 5 statues, go to the gato of Keara's chambers and press "e" then the gate will say that its erronious and will send bad guys to fight you!
keep speaking to the gate without guessing the statues names and it will send more and more enemies!
and enemies mean experience...
have fun

Last edited by luimanLG; 10/01/11 06:40 PM.

lui
enthusiast
enthusiast
Noooo! Don't kill the wabbits and the chickies! oops

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
skeletons and walking armors...lol

lui
M
addict
addict
M
After a while the XP gain is very low. I went there at level 33, the XP was at best useless already smile

Support
Support

In D2:ED a couple people used this trick to reach level 40.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you grind them for 2 months straight, maybe!

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
Support
Support

I don't know how long it took, but it was certainly longer than I would have the patience for. I clicked on the door once to spawn more opponents (on the premise that a little extra experience would help compensate for a couple mindreads that turned out to be not particularly worth it), but that was enough for me. If you click on the door 30 times in a row, you would end up with enough opponents around you could be taking out groups of them with each swing, so that would speed things up a bit.

old hand
old hand
Yeh, flood out the dungeon with monsters lol. Firewall is the best way to take them out. There is a barrel that you can click on in Maxos temple, the mirror room where you have to find the the empty glass. The barrel is located in the back section on the left wall.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

I tried to load an old save to check out that barrel when someone posted about it, but didn't have one before the mirror test (when I first entered there I used a bow to clear out everything breakable... including that barrel, apparently).

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
from level 33 to level 40 it took me like 2.5 hours...

the way i did it:
i pressed on the door for about 50 or 80 times....
then i used the teleport to reach the northwest room with 2 statues
then i went out from the room to the north of the map
in there there was a LOT of mobs and i mean LOT...
my game almost crashes...
to kill them i used whrilwind blindly
with life leech so i didnt die...

each round of that i got around 70k-80k xp
and at lvl 40 it was around 15k-20k xp

because of that i reached to Hall of Echos at lvl 42...

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
but it helps right?

lui
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
its more cool if you kill them in large numbers! with demon summuned and your pet to help, and try to do it with wisdom increased...

Last edited by luimanLG; 17/01/11 05:27 PM.

lui
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
killing them in large numbers will help that ...

lui
veteran
veteran
luimanLG
Hello Captain! This was known since ED times.

Anyway, here is much more cooler trick for you: before you meed with sexy Island Lady, go back to the Broken Valley and mindread EVERYONE (finish all quests, etc). Then return back to the Lady and mindread her. You will get new level no mater what debt is (it will be nullified).

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kein
luimanLG

Anyway, here is much more cooler trick for you: before you meed with sexy Island Lady, go back to the Broken Valley and mindread EVERYONE (finish all quests, etc). Then return back to the Lady and mindread her. You will get new level no mater what debt is (it will be nullified).

That's an old trick too, and worth doing with wisdom maxed out on top of that. This is due to the fact that since she awards XP to the amount needed including debt even a 10% boost is nothing to sniff at. Just remember to go do all your debt increasing before you warp to sentinel island folks

Haddock-Ken?
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kein
luimanLG

I've been trying to do all the quests in Broken Valley first before I continue with the main quest - I guess that means I won't be able to do this?

veteran
veteran
I meant all the quests/stuff related to mindreading. There is some hidden quests, etc.
If you finished normal quests - it's ok, you lose nothing.

Support
Support

Also, it is probably more effective to make sure you get to a new level before heading to Sentinel Island, so you get a full level bonus. Mindreads are essentially free at that point, since you get however many experience points you need to reach the next level (so getting to as high a level as you can also helps; in D2:ED I made it to level 18 in the fjords), so you might as well take advantage of that, but it is not a huge effect compared to the amount of experience you need to level.

stranger
stranger
Basically as Raze says always better to try and pop a level first. The mindreads only come in useful with wisdom maxed at 5/5 since you get 10% on level XP and 10% on debt XP too then

Haddock-Ken?

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard