Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D00M Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I know Microsoft drag their feet in regards of putting patches up, but I was wondering if the lovely people at Larian studios had submited the patch to them.

I'm also not sure after the patch has been installed if I have to start a new game?

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
The patch will NOT cause you to restart your playthrough.

veteran
veteran
So far I read on this forum earlier, the lovely people of the Larian Studios have already contacted Microsoft about their patch for the Xbox version. But so you know, that need more time because of MS wink

I'm waiting for the Xbox patch too wink

And on this moment I wait to play further, or better say:
I wait to begin back again from Farglow on because I wish to try "Nightmare Difficulty Mode" to try playing (survive) with a hero(ïn) the DKS on hardcore mode biggrin ... )

wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
D00M Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Guess I'll wait for the patch, only on my first playthrough so I'll enjoy playing again knowing a little more about how the game works. plus I can't kill Raze as the cut scene goes on for so long turning off the healing chamber it comes back on again in the same cut scene...

T
Tux Offline
stranger
stranger
T
I can't wait either, I'm waiting for Nightmare Mode and the little balance fixes before seriously starting the game, and it's torture.

veteran
veteran
I CAN wait, but it's because I have NO time to play this week(s) ... but I Hope the patch will come soon ?!?

It will be very nice and fun if the patch for the Xbox DKS is coming like a Christmas present delight !!
I Hope, I hope, I only can Hope !!

Last edited by Joram; 17/12/10 02:49 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
T
Tux Offline
stranger
stranger
T
Still no patch!
It's a shame... I hope this won't just be forgotten.

I'm checking the game every two days, but I still have not levelled up once :p Nightmare mode is a must for me, I've done my first Mass effect 2 playthrough on Insane and it was incredible.

veteran
veteran
Is the "Insane" of Mass Effect II the same (one kill, NO save) like the makers of "The Witcher II" also are planning to inclued? wink

Maybe Larian Studios can make the Nightmare Difficulty Mode also on that way? :hihi:

@Tux : I'm waiting for this "Nightmare mode" too wink

In the meanwhile I play Divine Divinity .... again and again, an everlasting motion ! biggrin

D00M Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm checking almost everyday too, I want to get back into this gem of a game.

Does Microsoft inform Larian Studios the patch is live?

Last edited by D00M; 13/01/11 12:15 PM.

old hand
old hand
The patch is still in testing at Larian at Focus.

Tweeting @forktong
D00M Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you for letting us know ForkTong, I guess I wont need to check for the patch for a while.
Even if Larian submitted it tomorrow, Microsoft would still take almost a month to put it live.

veteran
veteran
Thanks for the update ForkTong wink

I have the full confidence ALL comes fine !
Just a matter of time, a "time periode" sooo little if you see it in the whole universe ...

I have patient for the Xbox patch to wait for one year or more if necessary smile
It's very good they make the time to "test" it ... I appreciate that .

claphands

Happy Joram

journeyman
journeyman
you could play it now if you buy the pc version smile

Save Save and Save some more
D
stranger
stranger
D
Cant you in future then release a quicker patch with only the gamebreaking bug fixes (like the 70+ hour deadlock)?

So those people can atleast continue to play the original game they payed money for.
Not much use in a 'nightmare' option if i cant even play the game.

T
Tux Offline
stranger
stranger
T
Thanks for telling us!

Nope Joram, Insane mode in Mass effect 2 is more "Die a few times until you do a perfect run, then move on to the next fight" It gets pretty intense and force you to master the battle system.
That Witcher 2 difficulty setting is crazy, like a 40 hours long roguelike.

I
stranger
stranger
I
What is the xbox 360 for? What will it do? Will it make the camera system in ED like the one in DKS?

I
stranger
stranger
I
Ooops I meant, what will the patch do besides nightmare mode?

Support
Support

There were additional graphics options added in the PC version of DKS (see the partial change list here), but I'm not sure if any are applicable to the Xbox version. Other than that it is pretty much just balancing changes and bug fixes. The PC version got a 'take all' function in the patch, but the Xbox version had that in D2:ED.

There has been nothing official mentioned about another D2:ED patch on the Xbox.

veteran
veteran
I read the Xbox patch will also do balancing related things (like Raze mentioned).
For example they fix the overpowered weapons wink

P
stranger
stranger
P
I cant kill stone cos game freezes every time i smash generator that turns off anti dragon zone where stone is. well fed up.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard