Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#435558 15/01/11 03:56 PM
Kensei Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I played Ego Draconis when it first came out. If I didn't have to open a menu, it was a good day (hour?).

But now after the DKS redo... wow.. all the menus are INSTANT (as it should be!).

It might sound silly to praise the menus but when you have to use them alot, it's something that becomes a real pain if they're painfully slow to open.

I haven't played very far so this is the only thing I've noticed thus far but I was so thrilled I had to post about it. smile

Thanks Larian. Back to teh game! cool2

M
addict
addict
M
I realised that with DKS demo too. Much appreciated.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Dragon Knight Saga is in my top 3 RPG's of all time, I am hoping a expansion or sequel is announced soon lol.

veteran
veteran
Indeed, also for me I really appreciate it the Menu's of the DKS are much better comparing with Ego Draconis ! wink (for me: I play Xbox360 !)
Larian did very good job !!
A big "Thank You".

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
Question from a new player. I have Ego Draconis, caught my eye at a gamestop used for 17 dollars and picked it up. Despite its flaws I love it. However, I am confused. What order are these games in? What I mean is which is the newest, and oldest?

Support
Support

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is the original release, from a year ago. Flames of Vengeance is an add-on (only available separately on PC), which continues the plot seamlessly from the end of D2:ED. The Dragon Knight Saga is a remastered version of D2:ED together with FoV.

DKS contains a number of graphical and performance improvements over D2:ED, the flying fortresses were redesigned, most of the anti-dragon shields were removed, loot and enemy placement were changed (especially in the fjords), etc. Here is a DKS review comparing it in general terms to the earlier D2:ED review.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #435889 18/01/11 04:14 AM
addict
addict
So Dragon Knight Saga includes both Flames of Vengeance and Ego Draconis? Is it for Xbox?

and if it is, should I stop playing Ego Draconis now and get that? I have put close to 40 hours into it and since I have sorta been taking my time doing whatever I want, am only doing the first fortress. Must admit, this game would get a solid A-plus from me if they tidied up the graphics a bit. Especially while flying. I also have to disagree with the review on one point, I thoroughly enjoy the dragon play, if you were to allow attacks on ground targets it seems to me the game would be too easy.

I would have no problem blowing away my current game and starting over if the graphics were improved.
One more thing, is it even released in the US yet?

Last edited by born2beagator; 18/01/11 04:43 AM.
Support
Support

Correct, DKS is both the original game (with some updates) and add-on. It is available for Xbox, but has not been released yet in the US (all of the North American publishers wanted to wait for sale results from the rest of the world before making a commitment). We are still waiting for an official release announcement from the publisher (for the Xbox version of DKS and the physical PC release in the US), so all we know now is it should be out Q1 of this year.

If you think you would play the game again with a different character style, etc, then you might as well keep going in D2:ED, since it will probably be another month or two before DKS is available in North America. If you don't usually replay RPGs, then you might want to wait for DKS.

Right now D2:ED saves are not compatible with DKS, due to various changes made. Lar did mention the possibility of creating a tool to import a D2:ED save and export it into the FoV section of DKS, but if such a program is release I don't know if it will also be available on the Xbox. In theory such a tool could make into the US Xbox release (as long as that change wouldn't force them to restart any testing, etc), or be released as DLC.

The game was originally designed to allow the dragon form to attack ground opponents, but it required too much memory and had too much of a frame rate hit; see Lar's post in the topic Design ideas for Divinity 3 (mostly for Larian).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard