Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
UK site GamesMediaPro gave Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga a thorough look and found lots to enjoy and little to complain about,
resulting in an impressive 10/10 score.

[Linked Image]

Here's a snip:

"With so much going on in the main storyline it’s no wonder then that it will take people so long to complete this title. Add to that the huge amount of side missions , quests, battles, exploration and real quality gameplay and you have what is rapidly being considered by all those who have experienced The Dragon Knight Saga as the definitive RPG title of the year."

Read the full review here.

veteran
veteran
Woow, an impressive score, but ...
.... a deserved 10/10 !!
claphands claphands

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
I don't think any game deserves a 10/10.
Just though I'd add that.

Also congrats on positive reviews I guess...

veteran
veteran
Why not 10/10?
Why not give something a score 10/10, knowing it isn't perfect,
but it's more than I can give ... I can't give it 15/10 :hihi:
Back in the time I was a schoolchild a teacher give me a 10/10. But that didn't mean my work was perfect, o no, far from that! A teacher has his/her subjective meaning, GamesMediaPro also and you, DivineGamer, too and that's okay, of course wink.

Let's say, for ME I love to play the game ... AND I can write down still some suggestions to make next (Divinity) Game even more Fun !!
Nothing is perfect, also because everthing can be (endlessly?**) improved !

** but Where does it Stop, When is a program/product/homework for school/a game/ ... finished ???? I think, NEVER ! :hihi:

Hmm ... think ... I'm waiting year after year for my top favorite game but it never come .... frown
hahaha

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
I
stranger
stranger
I
I check every day for the US announcement. Hopefully soon.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
I get more and more impatient with every day awaiting for the package with DD2 to come to my house. I should've bought it from steam when it was on a discount, darnit!

addict
addict
Yes, waiting for this beautiful RPG experience to hit the US. smile

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
Re: usa release - watch this space tomorrow wink

addict
addict
About time.

Then again, I only just found Ego Draconis a week ago. I really want to see it with better graphics.

Hopefully its February

apprentice
apprentice
Fantastic about the "news" tomorrow... I guess sacrificing virgins to the Gods of Gaming worked! devil

Now regarding 10/10 scores... I kinda agree...

I used to review games for Gamefocus.ca and I never wanted to give a really high score unless the game deserved it, but I do not believe I ever gave one a 10/10 (before we decided to max out the scores at 9.9/10 since no game is perfect).

But also on the other hand there are gamers and reviewers who will over look a games flaws and still give it a high score because there is a gem just below the surface. I overlooked the flaws in Ego Draconis, which were buffed out in DKS and if I was to review D2: DKS today I would easily give it a 9.5/10.

addict
addict
One of our American reviewers, IGN gave the game a 4.8 :P

Those people wouldn't know a good RPG if it sat on their head and called them momma.

U
stranger
stranger
U
IGN can go to hell! If you watch or read their reviews then you can see that the people who review games are casual rpg players who first don't know what their talking about and second whine about the game being too hard and not ''stream-lined''.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by unk000wn
IGN can go to hell!

QFT!

IGN is one of those sites I will never read (along with 1UP and a few others) because their reviews are 'the suck' mixed with an equal part of 'Epic Fail'...

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Falelorn

QFT!

IGN is one of those sites I will never read (along with 1UP and a few others) because their reviews are 'the suck' mixed with an equal part of 'Epic Fail'...

Too true. Cant stand those reviewers. Arent they the ones that gave Resistance a perfect score? That game was terrible!

O and I cant wait to see whats in store tomorrow!!!!

addict
addict
I think it may be they are frowning on a game that is not from America too. Is say, who the heck cares where the game is from if you enjoy it!

I
stranger
stranger
I
I will be watching for sure.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by born2beagator
I think it may be they are frowning on a game that is not from America too. Is say, who the heck cares where the game is from if you enjoy it!

Would they really be so petty? Actually, I suppose that's a rhetorical question; I have seen reviews (not of ED/DKS, thankfully) complaining about "foreign" accents, for instance.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
They aren't generally frowning on games from outside America, after all they seem to dig Rockstar games. They generally frown on games from small developers not supported by big publishers. Basically everyone that isn't paying them. smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by virumor
They aren't generally frowning on games from outside America, after all they seem to dig Rockstar games. They generally frown on games from small developers not supported by big publishers. Basically everyone that isn't paying them. smile

I'd completely forgotten about the infamous "advertorials" that some magazines are paid to write as if they're honest reviews. Apparently it's supposed to be commonplace in the likes of certain photography magazines, but I guess it's as likely to be the case elsewhere and would explain some of the entirely bizarre games reviews I've seen over the years, both positive and negative.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Divinity 2 DKS deserves a perfect score smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard