Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mvc9 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I am quite sorry, but with all honestly i did not knew where else i could ask this question.

I seek Patriarch full conversation. a dialog script you might say. for those who do not know, Patriarch is the dragon that you meet in Orobas Fjord, in a cave, The so called "Real" dragon of the game, unfortunately I have lost my saves and i cannot return to that point, and I am eager to listen to that conversation in full.

if someone has succeeded in extracting the dialogs, then will you be kind enough sending them to me ? this seems to be the best solution.

I hope I am not making a "off topic" request, but I really need them, just the script (who says what, and what does the dragon reply exactly when you respond to him).

thanks alot.

Last edited by Mvc9; 19/01/11 09:33 PM.

My current projects:
+ Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines Antitribu Mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu
+ Untitled RPG Source game
M
Mvc9 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Nothing yet ? frown well, i hope im not expecting too much.
I will still wait and see what happens.

My current projects:
+ Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines Antitribu Mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu
Support
Support

I think I have a save not too far from talking to Patriarch, but will not be able to re-do that part until later tonight...

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
addict
Patriarch: They are my sworn enemy, those with that specific ocular shade. But bright though such silver shimmers may shine, they are overshadowed by the Draconic essence that pervades your soul!

Character: If that is the case, it seems we have similar souls

Patriarch: In a way, yes. All who have Dragon blood in their veins are partly one and the same being. but before we continue our conversation, please allow me to introduce myself. I am the Patriarch, of the Old Creator Race, true dragon, one of few within the universe beyond the Great Chaos. I bid you welcome in this lair. May it be a haven for you away from the spear and fire that hunt our kind.

Character: Is Patriarch your real name?

Patriarch: No. It is merely what I was called by the peoples of this Earth. My name cannot be uttered here for it is itself a spell of creation what would give different shape to these surroundings and would spawn new unheard of species. Even dwelling on it in my mind may topple nearby statues or push new breeds of flowers from the ground.

Character: Why are you hiding here?

Patriarch: Hiding? Oh no, that is not what I am doing. I am merely resting here for a while. Another year perhaps, or a thousand. What are millenia to me anyway, but the blink of an eye?

Character: Why did Maxos seek to enter the Hall of Echoes?

Patriarch: Knowledge was his answer to that question, power was the truth his eye betrayed. But I opened a gateway for him too, deep beneath the scorched wastelands of Yuthul Gor. He was successful as we almost always was, though now...But that is of no consequence. Nothing humans do really is.

Character: You said those with silver eyes are your mortal enemies, but how could the slayers possibly hurt you?

Patriarch: I could destroy armies of them, but it is not my place to do so. I shall still live when all their bones are dust and their civilization lies forgotten. Nonetheless, I hate them for their blind attempts to eradicate all that is Draconic. They destroy so many of the phenomena given unto them by our mediators, the Dragon Knights. Heedlessly, they crumble great sources of wisdom and beauty, that is why I despise them

Character: You are perhaps the rarest creature I shall ever meet. but still, doesn't Damian employ Dragons?

Patriarch: He does, the cunning devil. But they aren't real Dragons anymore. They are empty husks, soulless shells bereft of all that made them part of the ancient race. Pity them if you meet them, and give them a swift death

Character: Long have I searched for one such as yourself, because I seek to enter the Hall of Echoes.

Patriarch: Truly, may I ask why?

Character: My business there is the end of Damian, the Curse of Rivellon

Patriarch: Ah yes, the Damned One. How insignificant his role within the fabric of the cosmos, how decisive in the lives of the ephemera that is mankind. Nevertheless, I shall give answer to your query as I did for Maxos when he asked me the same. The Hall of Echoes is a place of memory and marvel, physical in shape, ethereal in nature. It is unreachable if one has not the means to enter, but immediate and everywhere if one has. Go on from here and I shall make a gate materialize beneath the roots of Irminsul. The old riddler will like the attention.

Character: I must leave, great Patriarch

Patriarch: May Ouroboros the Dragon God watch over you.

Here you go. Took forever to write this down eek

Last edited by born2beagator; 20/01/11 11:40 PM.
Support
Support

There are 2 other opening comments your character can make, with responses essentially the same as above (to the "If that is the case, it seems we have similar souls" selection).

Character: With whom do I have the honour?

Patriarch: I am the Patriarch, of the Old Creator Race, true Dragon, one of the few within the universe beyond the Great Chaos. I bid you welcome in this lair. May it be a haven for you, away from the spear and fire that hunt our kind.

Character: I was under the impression I was the last living Dragon Knight.

Patriarch: Rest assured, you are. None can take that title from you now. But before we continue our conversation, please allow me to introduce myself. I am the Patriarch, of the Old Creator Race, true Dragon, one of the few within the universe beyond the Great Chaos. I bid you welcome in this lair. May it be a haven for you, away from the spear and fire that hunt our kind.

After telling him you are looking for a way to enter the Hall of Echoes, and he asks why, you can choose not to say (much of the response is the same either way).

Patriarch: Truly, may I ask why?

Character: I'd prefer to keep that information to Myself.

Patriarch: It would have been wiser to share whatever concerns you have with me. Nevertheless, I shall give answer to your query, as I did for Maxos when he asked me the same. The Hall of Echoes is a place of memory and marvel, physical in shape, ethereal in nature. It is unreachable if one has not the means to enter, but immediate and everywhere if one has. Go from here and I shall make a gate materialize beneath the roots of Irminsul. The old riddler will like the attention.

addict
addict
Naughty naughty...no spoiler tags laugh

Support
Support

The topic title clearly states what the topic is about, and there are a few posts to read through to get to any spoiler opportunities, so if someone not up to that part is still reading, it is their own fault. biggrin

BTW, thanks for saving me a fair bit of work getting the conversation (it would have saved more if I had checked the forum before firing up my Xbox, since you'd already done most of it by then).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

The topic title clearly states what the topic is about, and there are a few posts to read through to get to any spoiler opportunities, so if someone not up to that part is still reading, it is their own fault. biggrin

BTW, thanks for saving me a fair bit of work getting the conversation (it would have saved more if I had checked the forum before firing up my Xbox, since you'd already done most of it by then).

No problem. I have a couple special save files for particularly memorable parts of the game, the Patriarch conversation was one of them, Imo one of the best conversations of the game. Wish my xbox was in the same room, because that was quite a bit of writing.

Last edited by born2beagator; 21/01/11 04:11 AM.
Support
Support

I ran the output of my Xbox through a DVR to record it, and burned the video to a DVD-RAM to play in my computer. I'm not sure that would have saved a huge amount of time compared to writing it out to bring it to the computer to type, but it does avoid having to transcribe the same thing twice. Cut and pasting a couple sentences from your post did save me time, though. wink

M
Mvc9 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
OMG, I never thought anyone would answer that, I was starting to think that i have to play the whole game all over again, but you saved me over a 100 hours, or 20 (without any sidequests - but then i would die as a weakling ! since having a low level would be impossible to kill even skeletons) either way, thanks ALOT.

My current projects:

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard