Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
There seems to be no thread on sharing your smile or lol about Divinity 2 - let's amend that. smile

My absolute, very favorite overall is "Down the Hatch" - or what comes after it espcially, even if that Chest with intent to test the perceptiveness of the first come, first served looter was inventive writing as far as opening of chests go. Yet, c'mon her criteria were not that high, though, were they..?

What did I enjoy about it?

- Very faithfully chanted out silly nonsense summon spell
- Very down to earth "demand meets supply" approach to divinity - " XY might be dead but... he is now our Living Dragon God"
- And they won't forsake thee once the quest is over so it is always enjoyable to come back for bit of lordly appreciation in the lines of "Oh Divine Dragon, have mercy on your unworthy servant!"
- Crowning glory: hilly-billy poorly Dragion God Fanciers transform into fabulous five of ninjas intent on killing you in a suitably showy fashion - for a damned tough fight, too: iconoclasts, showing no respect for the newly elected god!! - with some sterling dialogue: "What a bold way to address your God." "Might I remind you I am the most powerful being in Rivellon." etc

And what really, really got me: the Merchant lowering his prices promptly as godhood was besowed upon the lead character. Oh, the economics of divinity... "At once, oh Dragon God!"

Have you had fun with Divinity 2? Please share your moments! smile

Last edited by TalsiStael; 16/01/11 11:13 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TalsiStael
There seems to be no thread on sharing your smile or lol about Divinity 2 - let's amend that...
I think I've done my share of that in the past. May I invite you to browse some poetic humor or some of my favorite quotes?

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
journeyman
journeyman
I liked the killer rabbit (aka bunnicula)

Save Save and Save some more
addict
addict
The medieval power rangers definitely cracked me up. Bellegar was an LOL fest too.

Best of all was the killer bunny, mostly because I had no clue about it. So there I am happily killing bunnies at around level 13 and WHAM! I am dead. I just sat there for a minute thinking WTF just happened!?

Where is my holy hand grenade of Antioch when I need it!?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Don't forget your emergence in Aleroth at the very beginning of FoV. I just about fell off my chair when I saw the Arnie look on her face and the background music kicked in to "terminate" the scene. wink

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by born2beagator
The medieval power rangers definitely cracked me up. Bellegar was an LOL fest too.

Best of all was the killer bunny, mostly because I had no clue about it. So there I am happily killing bunnies at around level 13 and WHAM! I am dead. I just sat there for a minute thinking WTF just happened!?

Oh, man - I must have missed the killer bunny, as I think I would remeber encountering it otherwise!! Where, where??

And this, even if I upped my rabbit killing spree after reading Brave Sir Robin's hunting diary, and wanted to at least match his, was it, boar, rabbit & undead killings. I bet I killed more chicken than he, though, including that soulbound one! wink

If the brave Sir is reference to Monty Python I'd love to see a cut-scene about his gigantic boar though...

Last edited by TalsiStael; 22/01/11 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Shaver
There seems to be no thread on sharing your smile or lol about Divinity 2 - let's amend that...
I think I've done my share of that in the past. May I invite you to browse some poetic humor or some of my favorite quotes?

Nice. smile I also did quite enjoy Bellegar, I admit.

For me the very witty writing with lot of cross-references and tongue in cheeck quests made Divinity series a fond favorite from the first game. I never, ever got the reviewers who would dub Divinity as Diablo clone - it has fun originality and lore far beyond the "hack and slash" stereotype.

addict
addict

Oh, man - I must have missed the killer bunny, as I think I would remeber encountering it otherwise!! Where, where??

And this, even if I upped my rabbit killing spree after reading Brave Sir Robin's hunting diary, and wanted to at least match his, was it, boar, rabbit & undead killings. I bet I killed more chicken than he, though, including that soulbound one! wink

If the brave Sir is reference to Monty Python I'd love to see a cut-scene about his gigantic boar though...

Killer bunny and brave sir robin in the same game? Gotta be a Monty Python refernece groovy

As for the Killer bunny, just kill every bunny you see and it will eventually appear. You get an achievement on xbox for killing it too laugh

btw If you meant you didn't know what to kill to match Robin
You kill Bellegar's summoned demon by the Orobas Fjords entrance

Last edited by born2beagator; 22/01/11 09:21 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
born2beagator - you are really nice, I apprecaite it! smile

I did have my google requiring moments with this game - but I did manage to beat the bunny decimating Sir Robyn fair & square ... in the end! I did first thought I might have to best him simply by killing more creatures than he detailed in his diary but at last by natural progression of the game I found that bigger beast.

Even if based on the Monty Python reference, maybe even a single bunny should have accomplished that task. wink

I also quite thought about the "Human again, only human again" score from Beauty and the Beast in the happy conclusion of men turned vegetables quests - no I did not eat them. And maybe the soldier wooing Elizabeth should have watched this romantic flick to help him with his pursuit, eh?

I would not be surprised those five ninjas referred to some movie, too. Would anyone have clue to which?

journeyman
journeyman
I've encountered the EVIL BUNNY a couple of time s there are ways to beat him semi easily to hard to now way once i met the said bunny i was level 12 in bv evil bunny lvl 22 long battle till i found a little secret next time i was about lvl 14 met him in bandits camp with all the gaurds not so bad one clue penelope makes things easier

addict
addict
Originally Posted by enforcer
I've encountered the EVIL BUNNY a couple of time s there are ways to beat him semi easily to hard to now way once i met the said bunny i was level 12 in bv evil bunny lvl 22 long battle till i found a little secret next time i was about lvl 14 met him in bandits camp with all the gaurds not so bad one clue penelope makes things easier

Extremely easy way to beat bunny on any level that you can get firewall or explosive arrows. Kill bunnies until you think you are one away from the killer bunny showing up, then go to the river near Dreaven's enchanting machine and the west valley shrine. Stand in the water and shoot one of the bunnies on the shore. KB will show up and since enemies cannot go in the water, he will just stand there and let you shoot him. Even easier is to get him close to the river and set off a firewall so the edge is on him. I just did this at level 19 and firewall killed him in one hit

journeyman
journeyman
true but that is like glitching im talking straight up

addict
addict
Originally Posted by enforcer
true but that is like glitching im talking straight up

Oh, you mean in a fair fight. Nah laugh

journeyman
journeyman
spoiler here
there is a necklace (penolopes?) put it on the tomb stone by where you find the white bunny then its easier

enthusiast
enthusiast
You kill Bellegar's summoned demon by the Orobas Fjords entrance
There are 2 other Demons you can kill to beat Sir Robin. One, by reading the book on the evil Orb's pedestal, and the other by giving the Elven Language Translation book you get from Xixzax (sp?) to the archeologist Greamory near Viper's den.

Also the Bellegar fights are not location dependent you just get the enemies in a specific order no matter the location you trigger them except for the final one offcourse.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard