Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
It would be good to have better charecter builder with more option. And allow us to custom our dragon form as well. Choose color, high, mass, what kind of spikes, and so on, i got allot of options on my mind what would make it nice as well. I hoped it a bit on D2 but was bit dispointed, hope it would be on D3. ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was reading messages in FOV section when I found this one...
Originally Posted by Vometia
Originally Posted by Shaver
Let's not forget the fact that we're all humans who can take a dragon form... NOT dragons who can take a human form. I rather spend more time in human form than in Dragon form; that's just me!

"Me too" etc. Part of me feels I'm slightly missing the point considering the game's premise, and the dragon part was very well done, but I still preferred being human, wandering about and interacting with people.

For me personally the game would've been better in both human and dragon forms if the Orobas Fjords section of the game had much wider open spaces similar to Broken Valley and bigger settlements to hang around; but it's easy to say "if only..." when the development effort to realise it would've been prohibitive. Still, one can dream. smile

Of course it might've helped somewhat if previous areas weren't effectively off-limits: that is one of my pet hates in video games; same applies to the likes of The Witcher and... well, anything else that does it!

I thought, "It's true," then I had an idea. If there is dragon stuff again in Div3, would it be possible to make dragon part more interactive? I mean, by having the opportunity (for exemple) to meet flying NPC? I think what made those flights somewhat anoying for some gamers is that was nothing but fights (and a little exploration). Instead of just being a fighting-and-exploring creature, we could help someone by transporting very heavy stuff only a dragon strength can afford, or any other kind of dragon mission that doesn't include only fighting skills.

Well, I maybe don't realize how much work it would be for little fun added, but it should give a new taste to flying moments.

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
But what is a world of high-fantasy
if we can't even see the real beauty of the Elves?
I ask thee, could thou the epicness see
if Dwarves n' longer pointlessly destroy the shelves?
But would journey in sewers appease thee,
if Lizardmen by their attacks didn't doom themselves?

Dragon, thy mechanics fail, and thou cast fireballs like famous Harry!
I ask thee oh mighty, wouldn't the game be plainly better
If 'stead of being jusr a fly, just tousled by wind a letter,
thine breath was stronger, and powerful attacks landtargets could bury?

After Zandalor became a clone of "Dumbledore",
when thou see him, 'tis hard t' not get bored
if he got back his DD unique voice-actor,
wouldn't that only add to his awesomeness factor?
His staff is also approved and highly required,
the useless sword could be taken by a squire

Appreciated would be if no matter thy sex or sexuality,
thou could have in at least one relationship prosperity

Also considerable effort could be put
in characters recognisable looks
Bellegar, that great old crook...
was it him alongside with Divine,
or was it Deodatus, that swine?
Unique look for VIP's, is that good?

Bellegar undoubtely is a great hero,
his greatness is just ghastly!
Tell me, wouldn't he be just a zero,
if he was rolled by Rick Astley?

Last edited by GabeN; 05/02/11 12:06 PM.
Originally Posted by Xavien
creat a players guide to the game prima or brady.

I for one would wait until a detailed walkthrough is avalible before even dreaming about buying divinity 3

I kind of think that its a decent idea not to have a strategy guide/walkthrough. Because for those of us who put our own online it forces us to not plagiarize the real strategy guide,get into the games forums for help when we need it, and play through the game atleast 3-4 times before everything is commited to memory.

And even for the people that dont make walkthroughs, once they decide to look online for the answers they stumble upon these forums, become involved with many people who enjoy the game, and possibly have a better experience.

My name is Legion: for we are many.

stranger
stranger
+1 for the Intelligent triggers;

- It should be harder to steal things. in DD people would get angry when you steal their stuff in their house. I haven't noticed that in DKS and they don't care if you steal all of their things;

- More enemies, well I mean more races. In DD you had so many different enemies compared to DKS;

- More options to wear stuff.

H
stranger
stranger
H
A little more balanced mobs and exp rates - Some mobs are weak and can be killed easily even on "Hard" AND they give $h!t loads of exp. You kill a couple of these and you have already overleveled 70% of the other mobs out there so you don't get much exp from them although they have god knows how much HP and resistance.

End game fun - When I finish the game I wish I could still play and talk to some of the NPCs and perhaps do some more side quests or even kill couple more monsters.

How about an option to choose a different race? Goblin perhaps (lol) with different enviroment and quests and equipment. Seems very unlikely since it would increase the game size by a lot but that's just an idea.

More options:
-I wish I could remove or at least have the option to increase/decrease the amount of vegetation because some of the things (especially on one of the flying fortresses) that grow on the ground provide me with choppy game play and a massive fps drop.
-I also have the need to swap some of the other equipment during the combat (not only weapon(s)/shield) so it would be very comfortable if I could swap whole sets and/or jewellery with a single button.
-Its really uncomfortable to change control options when shape shifting human/dragon so if there will be any shape shifting possibilities in div3 it would be nice to have 2 separate "Human Controls" and "Dragon Controls".

UI - It would be nice if I could have the ability to have a couple of action slot sets (Action bar where skills and potions go; numbers 1 - 8) and wiz through them with a single button and change them depending on the situation

Support
Support

In the PC version of DKS there is an option to remove or lower the quality of vegetation.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would like:
- spells like in DD + DKS
- the 7 nations like in DD
- Zombie Jake
- Bellegar

Intelligenz wird oft verwechselt mit der Fähigkeit, seine Dummheit besser verbergen zu können als andere Menschen.
veteran
veteran
I would like:

- an totally open world to explore (not something like the Hall of Echoes(DKS) or the Wastelands (DD) your hero CAN'T go back) ...
- many quests & skills
- many traders
- tons of humor in a funny fantasy world, but also with dark & dangerous catacombs, caves, houses, cellars, tunnels, mines, etc ...
- many objects you can interact with (like in DD) and abandoned houses you can make you own basement with chests you put you loot in it ...
- great music
- more difference between the "easy" & "hard" difficulty mode !
- books to read, also WITH many secrets explained, so you find more about hidden rooms or other hidden treasures when you read books or talk more (often) with all possible NPC's (mindreading them OR via more dialog options to go deeper into the character's background and discover his/her "secrets" in some way ...
So at least more than 1 way to discover all the secrets a game has (via reading books, via talking with NPC's and/or via exploring each corner, moving objects, etc ...)
- randomized loot
- at least 3 different characters you can start with with different starting skills and stats (like DD) and maybe 3 or more rases to choose (Human, Elf, Darf, Orc, Imp, Assassin, ...)
- and maybe (if it's possible?) randomized dialog options and side quests
- randomized puzzles !! >>> So if you REplay the game and you know already the solution for all the puzzles ... with randomized solutions for each puzzle ... when you replay the game it's STILL fun ! This will be great, but I don't know if something (ramonized solutions for puzzels) is possible ???

I love DD just because of it's high value of replayability and even the DKS have it in a good way, but no rpg can beat DD, so far !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard