Next Thread
Print Thread
#435298 12/01/11 08:48 PM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I searched this the whole day on the internet and found many people had this issue but the fixes don't work on me.. I launch the game, get to the main menu, and no matter what i select (ed or fov) i get to the load screen and after 5-6 seconds my game crashes with errors. Can anyone help me?

some info:
-my game version is 1.4.9.10
-my graphic is nVidia 7600GS -overclocked ,and yes i know its a bit old but other specs are good
-Dual Core CPU
-2GB RAM
-I tried (or at least wanted to try) the "turn physx to CPU" but i the nVidia Control Panel i don't have the Physx option (don't ask why...)
-I tried the turn on/off dual core, nothing works

Last edited by lynn; 01/02/11 01:20 PM.
old hand
old hand
Hello,

Sorry to hear of your issue. Did you try their support tool? It is in one of the sticky threads.

If you don't hear from Larian or someone with an answer, best to E-mail them (all contact info is in the sticky threads).

Hopefully we get you in the game soon.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
ava Offline
I'd start with updating the game, the current version is 1.4.9.70

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
ok i'm updating the game right now but it's gonna take a while because my wireless internet has very low reception right now. But if a divinity dev's reading this right now then I hope they can make somethin outta this i got while debugging the game myself:

Threads, item 14
Ident=00000A34 (main)
Entry=024D98A6
Data block=7FFDF000
Status=Active
Priority= 32 + 0
User time= 31.0781 s
System time= 10.5937 s

This is the thread where i'm stuck... (31.07 seconds till I terminated the process)

old hand
old hand
If after updating the problem persists, please run the following tool and send the report that it generates to : support@larian.com

http://www.larian.com/hotfixes/supporttool/LPC_Divinity2.exe

Please refer to this thread smile

Tweeting @forktong
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
ok guys my sad story continues...

first of all sorry i didn't respond for some time... had some hardware problems but all fixed now...

Ok so here's what happened in the last few days:

I uninstalled the game from my pc and tried it on a friends pc. Same error there.(oh and btw. the patch didn't solve it). Then he bought the german version (dunno why...). BUT IT WORKED!!!!. So i bought it too. Thought "Heck i don't care even if it's chinese i just wanna play it already". And guess what!? IT DIDN'T WORK!!! I get to the main menu, and no matter wich game i click (ed or fov) the game goes to loading and then crashes but now with NO ERRORS! It just crashes to desktop with nothing. Guys please help me! I bought 2 times the same game and i can't even play it D:

veteran
veteran
GF7xxx?
AFAIR, some guys from ED section had issues with this card. Not sure if it is what causes the issue tho...

ava Offline
Did you send a report to support? We should be able to see something on it.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
ok guys solved it finally! it was my graphic card... i bought a new card and it works great!

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
oh and sorry i didn't sent any report... my internet at home is down for a month already and i forgot my USB flash disk... well nevermind i can play now laugh

C
C
Yay! I'm so happy you got it up and running. Your dedication to the game is to be applauded. This game and Fallout New Vegas are two that nobody should miss. Great games, both.

'nut

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard