Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I downloaded Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga from Stardock's Impulse, but since the update from V1.49 to V1.4970 I have not been able to log on as Securom is not accepting the serial code that I have been given and is recorded in Impulse. Not only that but when I go to the securom website to manually register the game, it also gives me the same message, that the serial is not recognised.

Anybody having/had the same issue? Can anybody suggest a fix?

Last edited by lynn; 31/01/11 11:00 AM.
Anya #436864 25/01/11 10:35 PM
Support
Support

Did you try uninstalling the game completely, then re-install the game and patch before trying to run it?

Someone else had a problem where the game wouldn't start at all after re-installing Windows. Deleting the SecuROM User Data file and registry key (see their FAQ) had it prompt for the serial code again, and the game loaded properly. Maybe that would help getting the updated version of the game to accept your serial?

Installing the wrong patch version can cause this problem, but that shouldn't be the case here if you went through Stardock's updater.

Raze #436873 25/01/11 11:43 PM
A
Anya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks Raze. Just in the process of reinstalling now. If I have issues in the future or if it is resolved I will post back here.

Anya #436928 26/01/11 04:48 PM
A
Anya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Just an update. I'm still unable to run the game as in the original post. Can anyone give me any more help.

Also I am uncertain how to remove registry keys and don't know where to go for the user data file. Can you talk me through that please?

Anya #436937 26/01/11 07:34 PM
Support
Support

Did you try contacting Larian (DKS support) and/or Stardock? Someone mentioned yesterday there was a problem with the FoV patch (updater not recognizing FoV was installed) that an update from Stardock resolved.

In question 2.3 of the FAQ I linked to above, the locations of the Securom data are listed for different Windows versions. Registry entries can be changed or deleted with a registry editor (not sure about Windows Vista/7, but it was regedit.exe in earlier versions). Securom may have a tool to remove its drivers and data, which would probably be easier and safer than doing it manually if you are not familiar with the procedure.
To browse to the appropriate folder in Windows Explorer, you may need to set it to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Also, question 2.10 in the FAQ requests a picture of the serial number if you get a error that it wasn't found, and it wasn't a case of replacing a 0 with O or 1 with I, etc. Windows 7's Paint can probably crop a screenshot and save it as a png file (or gif, or a bmp file might not be too large), otherwise there are many freeware graphics editors or viewers than can make simple edits (such as IrfanView).

Raze #436992 27/01/11 07:20 AM
ava Offline
Can you create a report with our support tool and send it to support@larian.com? Mention this thread in the mail. I should be able to see what the problem is with that report.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
ava #437077 27/01/11 10:47 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Chalk me up as another user with this problem, also with Impulse.

I've downloaded the support tool, and will reference this thread.

I also posted a thread on Stardock's website, a response to which has led me to this thread.

veteran
veteran
Hello,

We have been looking closer into this issue and unfortunately we can't do anything about this problem; Impulse has released the wrong patch.

You cannot download the patch from our website because that won't work for your game.
You might be best to (re)contact Impulse directly, in the meantime we will contact our publisher and look for a fix.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

All the best,
Lynn

Lynn #437217 29/01/11 12:05 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Stardock has released a patch via Impulse. I'm trying to download it now (it's "Preparing Download" - seems like it's scanning files for the last 20 minutes), but according to their post here: http://forums.impulsedriven.com/404524 , it should fix our issues.

veteran
veteran
Yes, it fixed the issue for many customers already.

Stardock wrote:

The update is now live via the Impulse client. Just fire it up and you should see an Update available for the game once it finishes logging in and grabbing the latest data. Just select the game and click the Update button and you should be set.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard