Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I tried this game a few days ago as i love RPG's and have been looking for a real good RPG (Not the mainstream stuff they call RPG's, like oblivion). I was a but apprehensive as I tried a few other lesser known games and got burned people told me were good. This game is awesome, how come more people and game sites are not giving this game its just attention. It's sad today unless a game gets hyped and advertised like crazy it gets little to no press.

I hope the devs keep making games like this, as they seem to be rarer in todays casual, hold your hand gaming environment. Love it.

Last edited by mastorofpuppetz; 26/01/11 12:43 PM.
old hand
old hand
It's a cult game.

M
addict
addict
M
About 1/2 the budget for well-known rpg goes to marketing (and 3/4 to everything but development).

I was under the impression larian doesn't have enough money to do big marketing AND deliver a great game.

addict
addict
Cause it's on Xbox 360!

Yes, I know this was the answer that you were looking for. Congrats.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
stranger
stranger
Thanks for the appreciation for our game, the entire team has put their heart and soul into it to make it as good as possible with the available budget.
I'd say, help us a little making it more well known; spread the word, nobody is as credible as a good fanbase! smile

M
addict
addict
M
rabid fanboys you mean crazy

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Divinity 2, like Divine Divinity before it, is a great game. And Like Divine Divinity, received very little press here in the U.S. - which is unfortunate. Both games are very good games with solid stories and play mechanices. It's a real shame that more people don't know about these games.

a_wife_01 glares at you threatengingly, ready to divorce!
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
I pity anyone who does not heard about divinity 2, poor guys living in their dark, blank mainstream world.

so sad, so sad... smile

Last edited by pall; 27/01/11 12:37 AM.
addict
addict
I never heard of it.

Was browsing a Gamestop's used games for a cheap game to try, and since I like dragons, Divinity 2 Caught my eye.

stranger
stranger
Blame the publisher for its lack of marketing...though it's still months away for the US officially. I'm fairly certain the business model works in that what happens after the game is done, is out of the hands of the developers(besides patches/content of course). The publisher can distribute the game, but it doesn't have to inform you of its existence if it lacks the funds or will to do so.

I thought it was great and have mentioned it to others.

apprentice
apprentice
Took wind of this game in a certain message board under a thread called "Nothing good ever comes out of Gamebryo". Gave it a try for the hell of it and had to go "It's like it's not really made with Gamebryo!" or maybe it should have been "Why is Bethesda so talentless?" but yeah.

veteran
veteran
Many many thanks for the nice comments. We are pleased to know that the efforts and the passion we have put in the Divinity Saga are appreciated by our fans.

I have added your thread to the Users Reviews Thread.

If you want to help us make The Dragon Knight Saga even more popular, please join one (or all wink ) our social media, see my signature smile
And tell your friends!

Thanks!
hehe

stranger
stranger
Is Divine Divinity released on PC only? I would be interested in playing that - being as I am loving Divinity 2 so much. I am totally addicted! smile

veteran
veteran
Hello, yes, Divine Divinity is for PC only.
You can get the digital version of the game, please have a look here.

old hand
old hand
I advertised it on the Two Worlds forum but that was it. If all fans of the game were to advertise the game on all the game sites they use, it would surely become more popular and hopefully we'll see a new Divinity game soon.

stranger
stranger
A new Divinity game would be great. I am so impressed with this game. smile

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Aren't they aredy developing div 3?

C
C
Even if they are developing Div 3, don't get too excited. I love the Divinity games but 7 years between major releases is a long, long, time. Assuming that Larian started working on Div 3 in 2009, that means the next full game would release in 2016. That's one of the problems Larian has in getting a publisher, especially American. Nobody wants to wait 7 years for ROI.

I say this as someone who has loved both games.

'nut
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
And there is year 2012..... sad

We are so doomed.... smile

old hand
old hand
Only God knows when the world will end...

And I doubt it'll take 7 years for Larian to make the next Divinity game. I heard they were working on a spin-off game.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard