Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Divinity II was a great RPG for me and I enjoyed the changes made in the DKS but all games are not without faults or things that are missing. Here are some features I think should have been in the game:

*Facial customization - most new RPG games have it and Divinity II allowed you to chose faces and name your character, it should have allowed you to choose skin colours and construct your character's face.

*More free roaming as a dragon - we could take dragon form and fly but why couldn't we fly from our tower to the Orobas Fjords?

*Manual blocking - since Divinity II is about skill as well (if you play on harder difficulties) a blocking ability should have been included.

*Respawning animals - animals respawn in the wilds so you always have the feel that the world is alive.

*A more bigger world with no area transition and loading screens, so we can fly through it as a dragon and track through it on foot.

*Day and night cycles plus weather cycles and companions - if my knowledge serves me correct, DD had these things. Sequels should always include what was good from the first plus new things of course.

*Ability to dye armour, have shoulder plates as armour so we can give unique looks to every armour, have cloaks.

LOL but even without these features, I'm pretty sure that the next Divinity game will be good.

Last edited by Demonic; 27/01/11 11:42 AM.
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Facial customization:

I don't mind that.

More free roaming as a dragon:

It would be nice to have option to fly in our dragon form to other maps, yes.

Manual blocking:

If they would make it really good, not too easy neither too hard.

Respawning animals:

You killed all bunnies,did't you? poor bunnies frown it's horrible what some people will do for xp points. smile

A more bigger world with no area transition and loading screens:

Big word without loading zones would be nice but how much memory it would need? I fear that if div 3 would have that them my good old computer would not manage to run the game and i can not afford upgrades. sad

Day and night cycles plus weather cycles and companions:

Divine divinity had only day and night cycle. I don't mind lack of companions (unles they would be really good made) but i hope in div 3 there will be day and night cycle again.

Ability to dye armour:

no comment.

M
addict
addict
M
Pretty much aggreed with everything.

Instead of the "no loading screen", I'd rather have it so that you don't have a loading screen each time you step into (and out of) a tiny house.

Dye armors... I don't care about that (I'd care if Div3 was a MMO).

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
because we spend SO much time without a helmet and armor on... seriously you cant see your face or skin color 99% of the game so why would they spend resource time and money on such a vain dress up barbi option? Dying armor and such is again sims / barbi options that just take up more texture memory.

the only thing that I would consider as a real option would have been day and night phases, with night traveling being more dangerous, but then again the game is being played in real time so how many day / night transitions would there be?

What Divinity 2 should have had was more publicity, the game is a hidden gem imo. I personally stumbled onto it over steam and didnt ever expect it would be so good.

PS load screens are fine for a game like this considering the sheer size of the zones and how quick the load time is.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Unfortunately, you're mistaking "what Divinity 2 should have had" with a whole different game genre all together.

Everything suggested points to a sandbox game, where you can just fly around anywhere without any loading screens at all for no point other than being able to do so. D2 is not a sandbox game, and therefore does not have any sandbox elements that you say are "missing"

Companions wouldn't work with the story, either. You are MEANT to feel alone in the world, because you are THE LAST of your kind. Human companions and the like would not in any way shape or form be able to stand against the things you are going up against, and most probably wouldn't willingly join you, anyway.

Blocking, sure. I never understood why if I went sword/shield I had to rely on rolling around and did so just as easily as a ranger or assassin style character.

Ability to dye armor and facial customization? Again, that's for more open ended games and only really there so they can point and say, "see! We have all these things! Aren't we special?"

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by CaptnCarnage
because we spend SO much time without a helmet and armor on... seriously you cant see your face or skin color 99% of the game so why would they spend resource time and money on such a vain dress up barbi option? Dying armor and such is again sims / barbi options that just take up more texture memory.

Some people don't wear helmets in the game and for Larian boasting that "for those who want to customize out there, we've got a great character creator" there sure wasn't one. Also, no helmet completely covers your skin. If someone wanted to have a different skin colour, would that even change the game? They added two genders. Hell - according to you, there should have only been one right?

Originally Posted by Eliirae
Unfortunately, you're mistaking "what Divinity 2 should have had" with a whole different game genre all together.

Everything suggested points to a sandbox game, where you can just fly around anywhere without any loading screens at all for no point other than being able to do so. D2 is not a sandbox game, and therefore does not have any sandbox elements that you say are "missing"

Companions wouldn't work with the story, either. You are MEANT to feel alone in the world, because you are THE LAST of your kind. Human companions and the like would not in any way shape or form be able to stand against the things you are going up against, and most probably wouldn't willingly join you, anyway.

Blocking, sure. I never understood why if I went sword/shield I had to rely on rolling around and did so just as easily as a ranger or assassin style character.

Ability to dye armor and facial customization? Again, that's for more open ended games and only really there so they can point and say, "see! We have all these things! Aren't we special?"

A sandbox game is where you don't have to follow the story and can do what you want. In Divinity II, if no area had loading screens and we could travel from the Battle Tower to the Orobas Fjords, would that change anything? Hell, we are a dragon but we can't fly from our Battle Tower?

Companions could have worked in the expansion though. Or you could have summoned the soldiers from your tower to help you fight. After all, the loading screen boasts we can make our own little army but we can't really.

Also, Dragon Age has facial customization and it's not an open world game and Mass Effect 2 gives you ability to dye armour and customize your face and again - it's not a open world game.

stranger
stranger
I agree with everything and include;

Much bigger world with different area types (snow, desert etc)

More types of enemies.

Moral system that leads to different endings.

Chance to develope friendships/enemies/lovers with NPC.

More armor types and being able to customise them.

Make the game open world to the extent that certain quests will only open up after main story has finished and depending on what moral ground you are on. Even to the point that X many hours into open world and a 2nd main quest starts (can be done via DLC)

XBOX360 GAMERTAG: Akatsuki Geisha
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Demonolatress
Moral system that leads to different endings.

I agree with that. Let's hope that larian will give us real, not forced, moral choices and consequences of them.
Originally Posted by Demonolatress

More types of enemies.
Some of old enemies from div 1 could return, like death knights.

Last edited by pall; 02/02/11 09:00 PM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Dragon Age had way WAY to much facial customization, it was totally pointless. Mass effect allowed you to change one sets of armor's coloring but none of the special sets. Then again Dragon Age didn't let you customize the armors color.

and who played Divinity without a helmet? where you that obsessed with loving your characters flowing hair and piercing eye's enough to drop the stats and set bonus's gotten from set bonus's? did you also refer to your character by name when you logged in and out of game?

The option to show or not show helmet could have been a option for the obsessively vain.

BTW where there any non while human's in this game? no? maybe thats why you couldn't pick a different skin tone. No its not racist its just a white area of the game world and there aren't many flight or immigration options during this game works evolution

G
stranger
stranger
G
BIG YES to facial customization!!!!!!!!!!! As a female you have three choices, look incredibly dumb/stupid, look lke a painted whore, look like an evil painted whore.

old hand
old hand
We're trying to sort out some of the personal issues the art direction was having on this wink

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Things Divinity 2 should have had...

1.Elves
2.Dwarves
3.More Elves
4.Different Dragon mechanics and BIG BUFF to fire breath - because currently it sucks so much you'll be only using Fireball, breath only as finisher, while breath actually NEEDS aiming so it should be more powerful.
5.More characters from Divinity 1!
6.More typical for Divinity scenes (I mean, you lose control of character, someone appears from nowhere, you can talk/trade/whatever, you never met him/meet him elsewhere), it happened like 4 times only in whole DKS (I only count those 3 times with Willy as 1)

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Exactly...

and Dragon breath indeed was underpowered.

it also should have...
not petrified Rhode.

some old enemies types from div 1

not forced choices.

and so on....

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by pall

it also should have...
not petrified Rhode.

some old enemies types from div 1

not forced choices.

and so on....

Yeah, it shouldn't have her
petrified
, she should have been blown to pieces. There is a little chance she may come back now, and I'd like to make that chance even smaller!

Agreed on old enemies and choices. Death Knights? Also, why did Larian write about many subfactions in Black Ring, when everyone was only wearing Scorpion Set? I know the answer, budget/mistake.

Also the game lacked Orcs and our favourite priest, Kroxy.

Also, Damian is a noob, he doesn't wear a helmet. Why does he waste all the protection he could get? He could enchant it or something, or charm it. frown (joke)

Last edited by GabeN; 03/02/11 02:37 PM.
*Facial customization - Most RPGs have that, but tis really not needed as you don`t see a lot of story related cutscene action where your character does something epic. He`s just plainly standing there.

*More free roaming as a dragon - don`t really care, i didn`t enjoy being a dragon as much as i would have if could kill some enemies on the ground. Developers did say it required too much memory.

*Manual blocking - This would have benefited the game a lot. More tactical approach to enemies instead of just jumping into pile of most enemies and casting Fireball and/or Firewall or some AoE spell.

*Respawning animals - you mean enemies? Yes that would have been nice, but then again, it`d ruin the game.

*A more bigger world with no area transition and loading screens - The maps are already huge, imagine the memory it`d require to load them. I`d say cut the maps into more transitions and keep the loading times to 10-15 seconds tops.

*Day and night cycles plus weather cycles and companions - That would have added a lot of positive atmosphere to the game. The would would have felt more lively if so.

*Ability to dye armour - pointless. DEMONS in Two Worlds 2 is the way to go if you want to customize armors.

---
And here`s something from me;

*Choices and Consequences - Divine Divinity had it almost right with the reputation system, Did some bad things(attacked someone, stole items while people were watching) - people hate you and attack you, did some good stuff - merchants and people love you and give you discounts. But there`s more to it than just doing deeds. Quests that require the player to make morale choices that influence the game somehow. For example, not just the now old quest of the Smith, farmer and his wife in the beginning of the game, it matters not what you chose to do, you only lose one merchant if you do the evil deed. But something more critical - Like even having a choice to not become the Dragon in the first place and chase Talana until the very end until you find out about what`s really going on. It`d be the same as seperating the game in two branches that lead to the same end, but it would actually give the game more replayability. And instead of just branching the main plot in two, branch the two main branches into even more branches, where to advance you have to complete one of the 2 first chapters and then depending on which chapter 1 ending you chose - choose one of the many Chapter 2 endings to advance to chapter 3 and so on. This is basically the concept that Obsidian had with Alpha Protocol.
Even if chopping the game up into so many pieces would gradually reduce the time you spend playing the game, it would also increase the replay value, or if you`re hardcore - branch the game plot without droping the game time.

*Ingame time - This is something from Fallout. The first two games had a specific time period to complete the main quest, If you failed to do that it`s game over, the evil guys win. Wouldn`t it make sense if you had a certain amount of time until Damian arrives with his fortresses? And when that time comes the game engages the end game sequence.

*Older enemies and characters - This was mentioned before, it seems like you killed off a lot of the old memorable characters from DD and BD - Seth, Jake. Orcs have gone missing, elves and dwarfs - died out. I don`t really know story wise, just how much time has passed by since DD till D2ED?
Makes no sense to me..

*Reduce the humor - This i say because no matter how much i wanted to feel serious about the game, it just threw a lot of jokes and weirdness toward me, which ruined the mood. Prolly the game was made for a younger audience, but really, kids don`t like jolly stuff. Kids wan`t some really sad, depressing, hardcore stuff.

Character design - It honestly felt really cheap. Just use what DD had, add some upgrades to that. I`ve nothing really to add.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
GabeN:

You really hate her,huh? smile
Sure she was bitchy and maybe she deserved what she got, but I believe in second chances. Or choice for player herself/himself to kick Rhode cute butt. smile That would be much more satisfacting.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by pall
GabeN:

You really hate her,huh? smile
Sure she was bitchy and maybe she deserved what she got, but I believe in second chances. Or choice for player herself/himself to kick Rhode cute butt. smile That would be much more satisfacting.

To be fair, she got a second chance when you encountered her in Aleroth the first time you visited, and she got arrested for causing trouble. I think some people are irredeemable...

J'aime le fromage.
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Also, Divinity 3 should have Bellegar take the role of mentor/teacher from Zandalor or be kind of like in FoV, as he is hilarious and original. I don't remember any other wizards from any kind of game or book rhyming to you negative things about your mother's vagina, lol xD
He is just... just... awesome! He's not perfectly good, in fact he is probably insane or at least very bored, because soulforging people with chickens, making them live through nightmares and killing some people (I met twice a group of dead people with anonymous book, which was full of... guess what... RHYMING!) with no apparent reason hardly is normal.

Rhyming wizard should be MUCH, MUCH more involved, kind of like in FoV, where apparently Larian realised how awesome a character they created, and added even more to his awesomeness.

Zandalor since he got completely Dumbledore'd is a bit dull I'm afraid. (the one from Divine Divinity was more like Gandalf, even with his voice - the one from D2 feels like a friendly grandpa, the one from DD feels like a friendly grandpa who could beat your ass mercilessly if he only wanted).

Besides, if anything, Zandalor from D2 should be darker, not... softer. He lost so many friends afterall, some races got eradicated/forced to hide (the second one is the true one I hope, I can't imagine Divinity 3 with no other races), he has been fooled not once by the Damned One...

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Aww... everybody is so cruel to her smile She did not know about our dragon knight work againts black ring and maybe after she would find truth about
Innocence of dragon knights , Damian, and divine
she would have change of heart.

And I hope that in div 3 there will be option to make pincushion out of Bellegar. rpg008

I agree with GabeN about Zandalor.

veteran
veteran
I agree with GabeN and pall about Zandalor.

Especially the voice of Zandalor in DD I found much better!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard