Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Yeah, Zandalor had good voice-acting - the new mentor sounds, looks and behaves like Dumbledore, while the one from the past was like Gandalf, yet still he somehow was unique. You could feel the power he operated, when he has slain that Dragon Rider and, most importantly, you could depend on him.

New one? Well, they even added Zandy glasses (he didn't have them before on his portrait, or at least they were too small to notice), to make him look 100% Dumbledore! I wonder if Zandalor has romanced some male Black Ring commander in the past, and then had to kill him because he just saw how evil the guy was. Wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know why everyone hates the voice-acting of DD, for me it was sometimes good, sometimes bad, nothing exceptional. Artu (the cat) was awful, yes, but Kroxy (...and all orks of good taste and honour... like that Shaman and his Giant), Zandalor and most of the council were more than enough to make up for his godawfulness (Artu was the worst especially when you just came to the sand and when he informs Zandalor that we returned).

Last edited by GabeN; 04/02/11 02:55 PM.
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Oh, and Artu also should be in div 2.

Last edited by pall; 04/02/11 07:27 PM.
addict
addict
I kept thinking a plot twist might be that Zandalor was a fake or imposter because to me he was so obviously 'not' the Zandalor from Divine Divinity. It's like he had grown young! Dumbledore is even too generous a comparison, at least Dumbledore was old. Zandalor in Divinity II looked about 30 despite his beard, with smooth skin and bright merry eyes behind his glasses and a happy young man's voice. What happened to wizened old mage who looked and spoke like he had actually seen thousands of years? rpg007

You know, I hate to say it, but it says something when an avatar portrait, a 2D sprite, and a good voice can convey a much more powerful character than modern shiny graphics.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by flixerflax
I kept thinking a plot twist might be that Zandalor was a fake or imposter because to me he was so obviously 'not' the Zandalor from Divine Divinity. It's like he had grown young! Dumbledore is even too generous a comparison, at least Dumbledore was old. Zandalor in Divinity II looked about 30 despite his beard, with smooth skin and bright merry eyes behind his glasses and a happy young man's voice. What happened to wizened old mage who looked and spoke like he had actually seen thousands of years? rpg007

You know, I hate to say it, but it says something when an avatar portrait, a 2D sprite, and a good voice can convey a much more powerful character than modern shiny graphics.

I agree about everything except the part about his voice. This is Dumbledore-like voice, sounds old, but not as wise nor experienced like the DD Zandy. I was also dissapointed to see that Zandalor no longer used his staff and switched to a... sword. It also killed a bit of his epicness and the feeling of him being very old and wise MAGE.

But yeah, his face was a bit too pretty. I knew though it's him, but it would be epic if it was an impostor who worked for Ygerna, and real Zandalor was, let's say, doing completely different things (like, saving Elves so we can see them in D3), probably not even knowing who the last Dragon Knight is. With little changes, that would make sense!

Afterall, he appeared a bit suspiciously after Damian appeared, he opened a rift with demons, spreading them around - I could hardly imagine Divine Divinity Zandy doing a thing like that. Why didn't he, let's say... Wait for the Dragon Knight, so the rifts could be closed almost instantly, maybe with nice addition of many warriors of the city? Why? Because he's an impostor and he wants human blood to be pointlessly spilled.

And then he would reveal himself after DK is trapped in that crystal-thingy. THAT would be awesome. Not only one kick in the balls for ED-only players, but two!

And then in FoV we meet the real one.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
this game is almost perfect for me. Just completed the first game after a week purchase from Steam Sale, and i'm half way of finishing FOV. ; D

Plz put more lustful and sexy female voice actor. I luv the french female voice near the burning corpse at Averoth and Madam Eve with the surrounding back ground sound lol

I think a good seductive voice is better than naked female and sex. Their poetitc speech and expression is all i need.

BOoyA!

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Erm..eheh... As long as they don't overdone it....

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by flixerflax

Yes, I'm totally agree with this!!
If a 2D view have awesome portraits and voices, it is at least as well as modern shiny graphics !

Blizzard is also working on their Diabolo III game that will have a isometric view (2D) !
Not to say I wish Larian next game is like Diabolo III ... o no ! Not so because I'm afraid Diabolo III is more a pure hack'n'slash action game ... ! But the screenshots are very beautiful ... !
I prefer a RPG with many quests & skills, great deep dungeons and hidden locations and loot, a crafting and alchemy system, humour and beautiful music, ... ! (and many more great stuff, of course! wink )

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
I agree with that. There is something... magical in good old isometric view, with great plot, great voice acting and nice 2d graphics. Something that make me want to play even more.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I guess it'd be nice to have the choice: as it is, I was never big on isometric games even during their '80s heyday, but I can understand why people like it. (Just trying to remember, was it The Witcher that gave you a choice of various different views? I think that's the one where I decided that the choices weren't enough and hacked it to add first person as well, just for good measure!)

J'aime le fromage.
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Well, since larian got 2 projects, and if they both will go in developing, then one of them will have 3d, other isometric view.( If I understand them correctly.)

veteran
veteran
Yes you understand it correctly dear pall wink

I wish always to say it like this:
as long as the dev's team follow their Heart & Soul when working on games, I'm sure I will Love that game very much because I love the "style" of the games of Larian Studios.

The courage and endurance of the team are big, the ideas even more great ! But I'm almost sure a hard time is coming up now! Hard because of many decisions and finally the big decision of making next game isometric or 3 Dimention ???

Personal I only wish to play a addictive RPG with a strong replayability-factor for about 20/40 hours gameplay from begin to end. And love more to see 1 great game than 2 mediocre games. If it will been isometric, good, if 3 dimention, also good ! A strong game will make my day, anyway !!

And .... not to say:
all the wishes we, members of this forum, have for their next game ... and the fact that the dev's have the wish to listen to these members ... is all in all certainly not an easy task, if you ask me ! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
D
stranger
stranger
D
Wasn't there some mention as to the teleporter being your only way out of the battle tower due to something Damian did?

I'll have to check again on play-through number 4 smile

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by CaptnCarnage
Dragon Age had way WAY to much facial customization, it was totally pointless. Mass effect allowed you to change one sets of armor's coloring but none of the special sets. Then again Dragon Age didn't let you customize the armors color.

and who played Divinity without a helmet? where you that obsessed with loving your characters flowing hair and piercing eye's enough to drop the stats and set bonus's gotten from set bonus's? did you also refer to your character by name when you logged in and out of game?

The option to show or not show helmet could have been a option for the obsessively vain.

BTW where there any non while human's in this game? no? maybe thats why you couldn't pick a different skin tone. No its not racist its just a white area of the game world and there aren't many flight or immigration options during this game works evolution

Wizards don't wear helmets, rogues don't always wear helmets. So if we played as a wizard type character, should we be armor plated? Nothing is wrong with facial customization and it wouldn't effect gameplay. Skins colors wouldn't effect gameplay and so they could have all been added.

After all, we have two genders. What's skin color going to do? Different skin colors could have also have changed what color the dragon was.

I also think that most fantasy type lands could have been added. Larian did a great job with the flying fortresses. It would have been epic to fly through a burning and scorched mountain type land where the mountains form spires.

I mean, not many games allow you to transform into a dragon and fly about, in Divinity II, we could have at least had a bit more freedom to fly about as a dragon. Nothing would have been wrong with that and if one didn't want to fly to places - they could use the teleporters.

Last edited by Demonic; 07/02/11 05:50 PM.
369 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
*Reduce the humor - This i say because no matter how much i wanted to feel serious about the game, it just threw a lot of jokes and weirdness toward me, which ruined the mood. Prolly the game was made for a younger audience, but really, kids don`t like jolly stuff. Kids wan`t some really sad, depressing, hardcore stuff.

Aw, no man...I loved the humour in this game, it made it really stand out from those ponderous, boring, po-faced German RPGs I hate, like the Gothic series and it's ilk.

I laughed out loud at the end of the game
with that Champion making the dreadful pun off that old Leonard Cohen song title, "First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin."
Absolute class! And any developer that can throw in nods to
old classic songs like that,
will forever have a place in my heart. hug

P.S. I am 41, so don't generalize about Larian trying to appeal to children with the humour, heck, how many children will have heard of
Leonard Cohen.

Last edited by 369; 08/02/11 02:07 AM.
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
grin Finally someone got that reference! smile
I'm a big Cohen fan, see. Saw him twice in concert in the last two years, once in Bruges and once in Ghent.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
369 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Macbeth
grin Finally someone got that reference! smile
I'm a big Cohen fan, see. Saw him twice in concert in the last two years, once in Bruges and once in Ghent.

Pleased to have made someone's day, as opposed to alienating people, as I just did in the thread about "More Blood and Gore."

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
O those heated debates! grin They tend to spiral out of control quickly when they leave the confines of the game people were originally discussing.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard