Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
stranger
stranger
Having waited patiently and quietly for this amorphous 'fix' to the problem posted in this thread ... what chance of a refund ... the people I bought the game from told me to sod off. I'm a pensioner and this game cost me 40% of my weekly pension so I am a tad aggrieved.

The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Support
Support

Last we heard the patch for the UK Xbox version was still being tested. There should be an announcement about the North American Xbox release on Monday; presumably any updates made will be included in that version, so there may be info on the status of the UK patch then, as well.

Support
Support

Also, if you email support@larian.com with your save (see Lar_q's post at the start of the topic), maybe they can summon the demon in the patched version they are testing, save and return it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I can't believe that we are still waiting for the fix for this problem. :o

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi everyone
I know its a harsh when this bug rears its ugly head but in my case i simply started a new game and because i pretty much knew what i was doing and where i was going this time round i reached the summoning cirle a bit faster and poof no prob. It is in my opinion the best RPG on the xbox 360 by far and almost perfect ok this summoning bug is a sod but that aside what a fantastic VALUE for money game.
Now one last point everything you fellow players have faced in this adventure is nothing till you get your dragon form then ...wow does the game REALLY take off and the challenge is great, so it really is worth starting over and for those that really dont want to, then, please wait for the fix because it really will be worth it.... hang in there the game has lots more to offer and some great moments ahead..

OP Offline
Really sorry Wizzzard. frown

Indeed it's not nice but a simple case of starting again and trying to be quicker. If you need to pause the game for a while then save it and quit back out. Pause time adds up to the total overall time. Maybe a can of RedBull will give you the flames of vengeance and the strength to start again or a good cup of tea rather. As already said, your know better this time what your doing making you stronger and wiser than before. smile

In truth you do not get to see all that the game has on offer from playing it once. You can play it many times and still find something new that you missed! Worth a another go for sure. wink

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
stranger
stranger
I didn't have a problem with Sassan but I'm experiencing a similar problems several other places. So much now that I don't want to play it anymore until the bug is fixed.

I currently suffer:
-Infinite load screen when I kill Stone in the arena.
-When opening a secret door in the mine in Broken valley, the camera never switches back to control. I also had this after Stone was defeated the first time and he runs through the portal but at that time I was still controlling the character, so I was able to "blind control" my him through the portal to progress.

Is there any way a bug-fix only patch could make it quicker through QA? Because this bug is pretty critical and gamebreaking IMO. I don't care much for nightmare mode and whatever else is in the upcoming patch.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, the test and release procedure would not be sped up very much by limiting the scope of the patch. If they were just changing one thing it should be much faster to test, but once you have a handful of changes you get into the full test procedure.
Also, MS has limits on the size and number of patches than can be released, so it is better to try to fix all known issues and include any balancing changes and feature and updates, etc, or they could end up unable to add to the Xbox version. Presumably it is also easier to base the patch off the latest version of the code, rather than go back to the release version and make single-fix patches on that.

I don't know if this was changed in DKS, but in D2:ED the secret room in the Broken Valley mine only contained a couple chests with crappy loot.

old hand
old hand
We've had to regress several times on the patch which slowed down the entire procedure. The reason work on this progresses slowly is that we have very limited space (4Mb) to put the patch content in, which forces us to use all kinds of tricks to fix certain things. Sometimes these tricks backfire and we need to try another approach, but given the size of the game and the time it takes to QA it, it happens that we only figure out that one of the tricks backfires after several days of testing.

In any case, we just got the pre-certification reports and they tell us that if we fix one last thing to do with a slider in the options screen, it should be good to go to Microsoft. Submission of the patch is scheduled for this friday, and then it should take a couple of weeks in Microsoft certification before they can put it online.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Maybe you should test your Games in future , before you throw them on the market.

Morality is an invention of the humanity and no consequence of the life!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Zorrrrro
Maybe you should test your Games in future , before you throw them on the market.
Maybe you should read through a topic in future because the reason as already been explained. Testers are paid by the hour, where we have all the time in the world to play and unbelievable amounts of time was spent doing nothing my end sat in pause mode. I never rushed and was checking everything all over again as many times as I wanted for anything new that showed up as if it was a new game. After all it is a remastered version.

Slider bar fair enough, but Sassan bug was very understandable and a genuine missed mistake that could not of been seen from testers hammering what they have been told to test...

Support
Support

Originally Posted by Lar_q
we have very limited space (4Mb) to put the patch content in

Really? Has Microsoft never updated their limits, or do they figure people with dial-up are not used to waiting? They certainly don't mind 100MB+ game trailers and 1GB+ demos.

I recently downloaded the demo for a 16MB or so arcade game, and there was a 17BM 'update' before I could even try it...

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
It does not interest me how Testers are paid.
I expect a "perfect" (without Bugs) Game especially on xbox for my money.
Otherwise must be tested just longer.

Last edited by Zorrrrro; 25/01/11 09:14 PM.

OP Offline
It does not interest me how Testers are paid.
I expect a "perfect" (without Bugs) Game especially on xbox for my money.
Otherwise must be tested just longer.
You can expect all you like but ignorance with a lack of intelligence, understanding nor reasoning will get you no where in todays world... think
...but hiding behind a screen makes all that go away tho doesn't it. rolleyes

Let me know when a full priced (disc) retail game is released without any bugs on 360. Might be worth sticking it on eBay as that will be a true RARE!! hahaha

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
You are my hero.
Because you are so intelligent you are called also Dungeon MASTER instead of MASTER of business administration.
Time wait how long you need to find out what means VOLLPFOSTEN you intelligently-Beast LOL

There are examples of Games without bugs enough. The problem appears only, since there is DLC for Xbox und Co.

Last edited by Zorrrrro; 27/01/11 04:38 PM.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There are examples of Games without bugs enough.

Such as?

J'aime le fromage.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
On first xbox I can remember no Game that I could not play up to the end. You?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
You said "without bugs". Anyway, consider it a rhetorical question, it's not exactly a productive discussion.

J'aime le fromage.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Anyway I can expect as a customer a perfect product.
And this should also be with every Game the claim of the programmers.
At least serious bugs should not exist like in this Game.

OP Offline
You are my hero.
Because you are so intelligent you are called also Dungeon MASTER instead of MASTER of business administration.
Time wait how long you need to find out what means VOLLPFOSTEN you intelligently-Beast LOL

There are examples of Games without bugs enough. The problem appears only, since there is DLC for Xbox und Co.

Many people have found Divinity II: DKS is not broken at all so we the players did something wrong. stupid

Talking of broken games. Arcaina: Gothic 4 coming all the way from Germany I believe. It's a real shame two achievements can NOT be unlocked in this game because of bad coding errors - for some that alone is unfinished business or should I say can not be completed.

If I spent my whole life expecting perfect I would never enjoy such games as Arcaina: Gothic 4.

In the mean time the players imperfect play will be fixed soon enough with a patch so people like us can continue Divinity II: DSK from where we left off from - that's if they are too lazy to start again which would be quicker than waiting...

For the record perfection would of had you asking any issues you had with the game via the link below. wave
Link: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=44&page=1

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard