Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
In the very bringing of the Fjords with the first tree and goblin charlie, I notice this gigantic construct far off in the back ground that looks like a spire with a vortex of fire coming out the top.

What is this? It has to be significant to the Divinity story, but I have no clue.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Took me a while to work it out too: it's
your battle tower on Sentinel Island.
grin

Last edited by Vometia; 24/01/11 11:57 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

J'aime le fromage.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Vometia
Took me a while to work it out too: it's
your battle tower on Sentinel Island.
grin

really? Wow. never thought of that. i thought it was something to do with Damian laugh

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by born2beagator
really? Wow. never thought of that. i thought it was something to do with Damian laugh

For a time I had no idea what it was and was equally puzzled until realisation unexpectedly dawned. It's a shame that the boundaries stop you flying straight across, but if you teleport back there and look across the sea, you should be able to make out a few familiar landmarks in the other direction too. smile

J'aime le fromage.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Vometia

For a time I had no idea what it was and was equally puzzled until realisation unexpectedly dawned. It's a shame that the boundaries stop you flying straight across, but if you teleport back there and look across the sea, you should be able to make out a few familiar landmarks in the other direction too. smile

any Idea as to what the cloud coming out of the top is?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

None at all, I'm afraid; I vaguely recall there may have been some reference to it, but even if there was, I don't remember anything useful. Hopefully somebody else may be able to shed some light on it.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
How do you get to the battle tower? I have beaten Amdusias and returned Lovis' soul stone. If I swim toward the tower from Orobas Fjords, I run into an invisible barrier that won't let me pass.

There IS only One/Three!
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Charlie Mac
How do you get to the battle tower? I have beaten Amdusias and returned Lovis' soul stone. If I swim toward the tower from Orobas Fjords, I run into an invisible barrier that won't let me pass.

Have you gone to sentinel island and defeated Laiken to take dragon form yet? If not, you need to go back to Maxos temple and in the chamber with the crypt waypoint shrine take the right side passage, you will fight a short battle with some black ring and have an encounter with a character. After this, there will be a teleporter to take you to sentinel island. There you have to complete a bunch of quests and take the battle tower. You can't swim there from orobas

Now if you have taken the battle tower, just use the dragon stone to return.

Last edited by born2beagator; 28/01/11 05:36 AM.
Support
Support

The hallway in Maxos temple (opposite the chamber with the bedrooms upstairs) you can use to access that teleporter had been blocked by a visible force field until you defeated Amdusias.

BTW, your first encounter on Sentinel Island you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (in D2:ED I made it to level 18 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

The hallway in Maxos temple (opposite the chamber with the bedrooms upstairs) you can use to access that teleporter had been blocked by a visible force field until you defeated Amdusias.

BTW, your first encounter on Sentinel Island you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (in D2:ED I made it to level 18 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

Welcome to the forum. wave

also, save all your mindreading just before you go to the island. When you go there, mindread the person that first talks to you and it erases any debt and levels you

veteran
veteran

No particular reason. Just to make it look kewl.

stranger
stranger
Hey! Thanks a bunch!

Here's another question. There are two locks in the Village I cannot get to open - the crypt beside the chapel and Derk's storage. My lockpicking level is 5 +1, and I have collected a bunck of keys, but nothing will open these two locks. Any hints?

Thanks again!

Charlie

There IS only One/Three!
Support
Support

Early in the game when you kick the seekers out of the Black Boar inn, if you tell Louis it wasn't a big deal, things just got out of hand, you can talk to them in the barracks. They will be grateful and one will tell you about their commander's loot stash under the church, and that he often forgets to lock the hatch (coincidentally, as soon as you know this the hatch will be unlocked). Whether you loot the place or not, you can rat them out to their commander for revealing his secret.
If you get the seekers sent on a dangerous mission as punishment, you may not be able to get in (you encounter them later fighting a troll, near Lovis' tower; at least in D2:ED if you were fast enough you could talk to them and get the hatch opened).

You need to mindread Derk to get the key for his cellar, which can then be found in the barn next to the Black Boar inn.

stranger
stranger
Thanks, Raze. You're on the ball tonight. I think I'm long past the dialogue with Louis, but now I have another problem. I did go down the fourth tunnel in the crypt after defeating Amdusias. When I got to the end, Damian showed up and gave me some guff and then disappeared. When I walked up onto the transporter, nothing happened. It won't dialogue with me, even with a right mouse key.
Also, power went down while I was playing tonight, and now the sound is gone, even after a reboot and a restart on the game. If I reload from disk, will I lose my game progress?
Thanks for letting me pick your brain!

There IS only One/Three!
stranger
stranger
Thanks also to born2beagator and Kein!

There IS only One/Three!
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks also to born2beagator and Kein!

NP wink

Support
Support

When Damian left he should have summoned a couple Black Ring soldiers for you to fight. If they never showed up that may be why the teleporter didn't work (it is disabled, waiting for the end of the fight that never happened).

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem (see DKS support). I believe the second DKS patch prevents a possible bug with missing opponents, but if the problem already existed the patch can not help. With your save Larian support can fix it, though.

Re-installing the game should not impact your saves, though you may want to back them up, anyway, just in case. Before re-installing there is a configuration file in pretty much the same place as the saves, which you could try deleting (or renaming) and see if forcing the game to re-create it gets the sound working. There is one file called graphicsoptions.xml, but I don't know if that is exclusively graphics settings...

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

stranger
stranger
Raze, I really appreciate your expertise and your willingness to help an old man. I have another question.

In the Orobas Fjords, I have swum around to the second fjord and gone through a cave and beaten everything inside it, except for one puzzle. It involves jumping from platform to platform, as they move up the walls. When I get to the top platform, there is a lever which makes two more platforms appear, but they disappear again before I can make the jumps. Is there a way to beat this puzzle?

Thanks again,

Charlie Mac

Last edited by Charlie Mac; 31/01/11 02:37 AM.

There IS only One/Three!
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Raze, I really appreciate your expertise and your willingness to help an old man. I have another question.

In the Orobas Fjords, I have swum around to the second fjord and gone through a cave and beaten everything inside it, except for one puzzle. It involves jumping from platform to platform, as they move up the walls. When I get to the top platform, there is a lever which makes two more platforms appear, but they disappear again before I can make the jumps. Is there a way to beat this puzzle?

That puzzle's a swine. I hate anything that involves quick reactions and precision since I possess neither; but that said, it is possible if you're very quick: don't pause for thought, just leap and hope for the best! A permanent save at the bottom and a quicksave at the top should hopefully help if you need to have several attempts at it; I know I did...

And once you get to the top platform, you really need to get a move on after you activate the pressure plate (as I recall): make sure you're facing the corridor and drop straight down otherwise your opportunity will pass... and you'll have to start again! ouch

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Thanks again. Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I just haven't been able to finish it off. What happens when you do?

There IS only One/Three!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard