Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I recently tried the latest DKS demo, then decided to buy the DKS on Steam. I preserved the savegames from the demo, but they do not appear to be compatible with the full game (or at least placing them in the "Savegames" directory does not seem to work). I could not find any official information on this, though, so I thought I'd ask whether this is the case (or whether there is any other way to import savegames from the demo to the full game) before I start over. Thanks in advance for any advice.

PS: Btw, hats off to Larian for how large and representative the demo was. Not a frequent sight these days.

old hand
old hand
FoV has had updates that probably made things incompatible. I'd move on, usually save games from demos don't work and a demo is pretty much an older and very incomplete version of a game. It is always best to just start a fresh game.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
ava Offline
It is the case, the savegames of the demo are incompatible with the full game.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the replies. It was really a minor issue anyway (it takes a lot less time to get through the "demo" areas once you already know what to do).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard