Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
Wow, any news is always good news. And if you're aiming for an industry first, you already got it. Nobody continuously gives out this much info, in this format, at this early of a stage. I look forward to more updates.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Oh yes, I need to add that development being development, anything that I write about project D & E comes with the disclaimer that it's prone to change as we continue development - new insights are gained every day and resources are limited so on occasion we might decide to change course.

Project D and project E...

[conspiration mode on]D and E...

D like... DWARVES and E like... ELVES. DWARVES and ELVES in Divinity 3!

...Or, even better... D like DATING and E like ELVES.

SECKS with Elves in Divinity 3!

YES![/conspiration mode off]

Divinity 3 is going to be awesome.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
That's one of reasons why i like larian, they respect their fans. and even in early developent they
already are open with us.

[quote=Lar_q
What I can tell you about D is that it *should* take care of one of the frustrations I personally still had with DKS i.e. getting the dragon thing really right. Given the scope of DKS we never could focus sufficient development resources on that, and to avoid that from happening with D we started pre-production by focussing completely on the dragon thing. In my mind, there still hasn't been a game that got the feeling of being a powerful beast of destruction right (and fun), and that's going to be one of the core ambitions with D. Should it turn out that it doesn't work, it won't be for lack of trying wink
[/quote]
So in project D we will be dragon knight, right?

stranger
stranger
Hello there !

Agree with pall, it's nice to hear about your upcoming projects. Since Divinity 2 ED and later DKS were so good, I can't wait to see what's coming next.

I have a clear preference for the second project. Well, I'm not really into top-down view anymore. Second, I really agree on the fact that the dragon was really one the coolest thing about Divinity 2 (along with a thousand other things :p), but it was not really set to perfection, especially since with DKS the fortresses became so easy to finish compared to Ego Draconis. You could go straight to the boss and there was no need to fight with as a dragon anymore. frown
But definitely, flying as a dragon was such a cool experience. The animation and the control was so good. I used to fly just for the fun of it. I also loved to run to the edge of a cliff (in the human shape), jump into the void, and transform into a dragon while falling. A-MA-ZING.

Since it's rather rare that I'm posting, I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for something. As a woman, I'm really GLAD that I could play a woman character. It can seem to be a detail, but there's not so many off-line RPG that let you be a girl. The witcher, Two World 1&2, Risen... they all make you be a man. There's nothing wrong with you men, but it helps for the immersion to be a female dragon for me :p

Can't wait for some official news !

Some reviews I wrote (in French) :
* Review of Ego Draconis
* Review of Dragon Knight Saga
veteran
veteran
When can I preorder D and E !

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sounds pretty cool laugh I'll definitely keep an eye on the forum.

(I would love having bunch of money to help Larian to be crazy ^^)

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
The game is very nice but has some negative sides:
--the models of enemy units look stupid while the main char looks convincing
--too many puzzles which are hard (FOR SOME GUYS THIS MAY THE MOST INTERESTING stuff but not for me)
--they overdid it with effects during battle and I can't see anything when I fight (I'm a mage)
--replayablity : not so much
But it is one of the best rpg I've played

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!
veteran
veteran
Lar_q
Why post here, not in General announcements?

Even Kein's continuous frontal assaults are a great source of inspiration

:<
I feel guilty now :<

Anyway, I look forward to new isometric/DD-like game!

GabeN
Project D and project E...
[conspiration mode on]D and E...
D like... DWARVES and E like... ELVES. DWARVES and ELVES in Divinity 3!
...Or, even better... D like DATING and E like ELVES.
SECKS with Elves in Divinity 3!
YES![/conspiration mode off]
Divinity 3 is going to be awesome.

Project A = DD.
Project B = BD.
Project C = ED/DKS.
Project D = new ED/DKS-like game
Project E = new DD/BD-like game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Talking about project E, the top-down thing has disadvantages when it comes to immersion

Wellllll, maybe. But think of how much you could manipulate and interact with the world around you in Divine Divinty. Is that not a form of immersion?

I'm stoked to hear about 'project E'. I almost don't want to get too excited talking about it, it's like holding a snowflake in my hand. Top-down games are almost gone.

C
C
Isometric could be nice in a throwback but it also means less dev time and better yet... more platform flexibility. I normally wouldn't speculate in this manner, but Larian is so open about speculation on future products-- it presents possibilities of in-browser, mobile, and cloud based gameplay.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Kein

Project A = DD.
Project B = BD.
Project C = ED/DKS.
Project D = new ED/DKS-like game
Project E = new DD/BD-like game.

Irony, know what it is?

I thought that "conspiration mode on" would make it even more obvious. ^^

journeyman
journeyman
Please, please include local-co-op in Project E. There's no decent co-op RPG's out there frown

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by D00M
Please, please include local-co-op in Project E. There's no decent co-op RPG's out there frown

NO.

I don't want another catastrophy like that awful Beyond Divinity. I'd prefer there to be no co-operation in Larian games, neither single nor multi-player. Even in Divinity 2 mere summons annoy me more than they are worth (Minion ALWAYS goes in the door, making it impossible to go through and I have to send him back or hope he moves, wasting mana which on my Archer/Warrior mix is very slowly regenerating), and Larian doesn't care enough to make us able to go through minions, which would fix most of my problems.

Last edited by GabeN; 04/02/11 11:19 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by GabeN
Originally Posted by D00M

NO.

I don't want another catastrophy like that awful Beyond Divinity. I'd prefer there to be no co-operation in Larian games, neither single nor multi-player. Even in Divinity 2 mere summons annoy me more than they are worth (Minion ALWAYS goes in the door, making it impossible to go through and I have to send him back or hope he moves, wasting mana which on my Archer/Warrior mix is very slowly regenerating), and Larian doesn't care enough to make us able to go through minions, which would fix most of my problems.

I said include, not make it fully co-op. Not every RPG'er is a loner.

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
C
C
I lol'd at that comment... paraphrasing it reads: Larian your co-ops are awful, so never ever try to make one again because you're bad at it. If that's not your intent, that's how it appears reads.

Larian has announced two potential games. If they both get the green light, why not have co-op in one of them. I support DOOM's position to target a greater base of players. Some people actually prefer social interaction-- no matter how frustrating or humorous it can become.

EDIT: typos. mad typos.

Last edited by candlebbq; 04/02/11 10:12 PM.
Support
Support

If they both get the green light, why not have co-op in one of them.

Personally I am not a big fan of multi-player games (can be fun, but I don't know anyone outside of this forum with similar tastes in games, or anyone that would match my play schedule for very long), so would prefer Larian invest their resources in other aspects of the game(s). To do co-op right they would basically then be making a third game, or the design of the game with co-op would be limited to things that would work for single player and co-op (which could be the intent, anyway).
Early in development D2:ED had a multi-player component, but that was dropped when it put to many restrictions on quest design, etc.

addict
addict
It's interesting that the person against co-op is against it because of Beyond Divinity. That was not co-op, that was a new take on a party-based game where you control more than one character yourself. I thought that aspect worked pretty well, I enjoyed and I wouldn't mind at all having the option to add someone else to your team. My minions got in my way all the damn time in Divinity II, but they never did in DD or BD. So I would welcome them in a top-down game. 3D OTS games can be so claustrophobic sometimes, immersion be damned.

Actual cooperative multiplayer feature does not interest me, and the reason I am against it (not just neutral) is because its implementation would use up time and resources that could go to other things.

Last edited by flixerflax; 05/02/11 01:26 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by candlebbq
I lol'd at that comment... paraphrasing it reads: Larian your co-ops are awful, so never ever try to make one again because you're bad at it. If that's not your intent, that's how it appears reads.

Larian has announced two potential games. If they both get the green light, why not have co-op in one of them. I support DOOM's position to target a greater base of players. Some people actually prefer social interaction-- no matter how frustrating or humorous it can become.

EDIT: typos. mad typos.

Two Worlds has co-op/multiplayer. And how did affect the game? badly. TONS of MMO-like cloned quests, randomly-generated landscapes... SRSLY? This is what you want? Play TES/TW2 then.

C
C
Wow backlash city. lol. I support the decision of developers to create what they want. Should that be a game with multiplayer-- I would give it a try. I'm not going to prejudge it just because of a predisposition to single player games. Its like telling a developer to stick to RPGs when they want to branch out and make a RTS or edu product. Just because you haven't played a game with decent co-op doesn't mean it isn't possible. In fact I would laud the challenge.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
put more french seductive voice actor in this game plz wink

there are 2 female voice actor that delighted me with their sexy voice =]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard