Print Thread
B
brekain Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello,

I've played the game with absolutely zero problems until going back to Broken Valley after Orobas Fjords. This is when Broken Valley is mostly flown through via dragon form due to the poison gas. Anyway, I immediately noticed something wrong with this area. Some of the ballistas are in walls, there were levers floating above the ground, and more importantly the two portals to Rayhum and Geshniz's little areas are completely inoperable. I walk on them and they don't do anything. My theory is that the coded area which causes the transition between areas is missing or moved within the scenery somewhere.

I have the DVD version of DIV2 and FOV installed as a digital download. There have been absolutely zero problems up until this point and me being the completionist that I am...I just can't abide not getting that last little quest finished before I finish Ergo Draconis. Anyone encounter this problem or might know of a fix?

Support
Support

I don't recall seeing this reported before. I assume you tried reloading the save before going back to Broken Valley, or just leaving and returning to see if having the game load the area again would make a difference?

Did you try doing a clean re-install of the game?
Uninstall D2:ED/FoV, reboot, shut down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus), make sure there is nothing left in the D2 folder (saves are stored elsewhere), then install D2:ED, FoV and the patch.

Try emailing support@larian.com (see FoV support), with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
It's a known bug. It's fixed in the subsequent patches; once your game is patched, you should be okay.

J'aime le fromage.
B
brekain Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Well thats weird. I tried installing patch 1.3 or whatever and its showing the installed version is 1.4.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Sounds like you got a bonus there, then. laugh Hopefully everything's working for you now.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

The FoV patch includes updates for D2:ED as well as FoV, so once you install the add-on that is the only patch you need to worry about. The most recent version of the original D2:ED is 1.03; I'm not sure what the second FoV/DKS patch brings the version number up to.

B
brekain Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
What I had done is install the patch for Div2: ED first then installed FoV. That brought it up to version 1.4. I believe any other patches that were issued were for Div2:DKS not the D2: ED version. For example, I tried downloading that patch listed above this topic for DKS and FoV and I keep getting this error saying DKS isn't installed on this system. So I'm not really sure what else I can do short of just trying to reinstall everything over again.

Support
Support

You don't need to install the D2:ED patch before FoV, but that shouldn't cause a problem, either. AFAIK the FoV patch should work for any digital distribution, but you could see if there is a way to check for updates through the download manager (etc) or in the game's Start menu folder. The DKS patch is separate from the FoV patch.

apprentice
apprentice
I reported the same bug. It should be fixed by the patch. However, if you saved your game the patch will only fix future play through : you will have to send a mail to larian with your savegame so that they can fix it for you.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Flying gg
I reported the same bug. It should be fixed by the patch. However, if you saved your game the patch will only fix future play through : you will have to send a mail to larian with your savegame so that they can fix it for you.

I think it depends on the exact nature of the bug: the Broken Valley bug that involved the new and old versions overlapping doesn't seem to need the savegame to be fixed, but anything where characters etc have disappeared seems to need Larian to take a closer look. I guess the best bet is to try it and see before going for the more inconvenient option!

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard