Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#438376 09/02/11 03:05 PM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
We now know that two Divinity games are in pre-production and we have heard that at least one of them will make it into production. Although hopefully both will make it into production.

So which one do you want more?

So currently we have 2 Divinity projects in pre-production - The first one, code named project E features a top-down camera whereas the other one, code named project D, has a camera similar to DKS but obviously with certain improvements.

For me, it has to be project D. Although project E sounds good as well.

Last edited by Demonic; 09/02/11 03:08 PM.
addict
addict
definitly D
I was fine with the camera in ED

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Project D here, though of course I'm bound to say "can't we have both?" grin

J'aime le fromage.
A
veteran
veteran
A
In my opinion, the Divinity world is a great resource for a whole set of franchises ... RTS, TBS, economy simulations, town simulations, adventure games (both action & non-action) ... Everything, imho.

Even flight simulations (Zeppelines) ! wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Both projects please. smile

Probably one of them will be spin-off anyway.

Last edited by pall; 09/02/11 06:48 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I don't care which ever project they release to us cos i know it'll be epic : D

Oh one thing i wish for and that's to lower the price and put it on Steam like before. Magica is currently the top seller, it beat Dead Space 2 and it cost only $9. I remember i got DKS for $9 too on Steam Sale. I bet this company made a killing hehe.

back to playing and hopefully finish FOV tehe

veteran
veteran
E

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Whatever, preferably both.

But I'd love D more IF they improved dragon mechanics, and I doubt they will do it without unbalancing the game... But on the other side, my Archer killed Ygerna with WoTR + Split Arrow + like 2 hits on Nightmare difficulty, balance is still not-very-good to say the least...

addict
addict
E. Easily.

veteran
veteran
If I may be a part of the developers team I wish to make first E and after that D biggrin
But I can only make a little program in C++ : "Hello World" ... and nothing more ... frown
:hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
addict
addict
M
Both. But D first.

Support
Support

E first; if doing D with the preferred development path will require 'tons of cash', it will probably need more time, as well.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Project D

My current projects:
+ Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines Antitribu Mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu
+ Untitled RPG Source game
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by GabeN

But on the other side, my Archer killed Ygerna with WoTR + Split Arrow + like 2 hits on Nightmare difficulty, balance is still not-very-good to say the least...
i play a mage with firewall and magic missile. Everything is max and it was a challenge even on normal.

Haven't try archer skills yet, are they really that op?

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Condor

But on the other side, my Archer killed Ygerna with WoTR + Split Arrow + like 2 hits on Nightmare difficulty, balance is still not-very-good to say the least...
i play a mage with firewall and magic missile. Everything is max and it was a challenge even on normal.

Haven't try archer skills yet, are they really that op?

Yes, they are.

On Nightmare, when you develop your player correctly, it soon becomes Nightmare... For the opposition.

Develop these skills to max :

Splitting Arrow
Way of the Ranger
Strenght of the Ranger
Skill that adds to critical ratio
(Exploding Arrow is a bit underwhelming compared to even a normal critical arrow hit with a great bow, but it's great to attract more people with ridiculously big explosion) to use Splitting Arrow on them)

And you are greater than Warrior in everything.

Also, great things to buy:

(Sentinel Island)Nericon's Bow
(Orobas Fjords)Orobas Bow
(Aleroth, endgame)Goblin Trader's best bow/one of the merchants best bow - I prefer Merchant's one, it's better
If you also charm them with +damage, they will be owning. Unfortunately I never found normal damage max buff (only level 6 or 7), but I found level 10 magical damage buff, which didn't really matter (bow crits, I think, don't influence magical damage... which isn't your main damage input anyway - it's nothing compared to 3000~ dmg crit, which - after upgrading critical blow - happens (almost) every hit).

Sets:
Wild Dwellers, until you get on Sentinel Island - you'll be able to buy/get much better stuff soon afterwards
Hunters set - it's not really good for Orobas Fjords standards, get some heroic/legendary stuff, don't really care for getting this set - bow is good but nothing compared to Orobas' one.
Shadow Archer's set - awesome, I doubt you'll find anything better, improves your best skills (WoTR, Split and Exploding Arrow), enchawnt it with best +health +mana stuff (you can get it at that skeleton enchanter)

No challenge at all at the end, if you can even remotely dodge the projectiles - and even those could barely hurt my 1400~ HP Archer.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Exploding Arrow is a bit underwhelming compared to even a normal critical arrow hit with a great bow, but it's great to attract more people with ridiculously big explosion) to use Splitting Arrow on them)

Actually i noticed that when there is critical hit when using exploding Arrow, then every enemy who is affected by it is criticaly hit. Great way to clear small arenas full of monsters, expecialy with way of the ranger and hight crit chance. Go in, shoot explosive arrow,thank you. smile

Last edited by pall; 12/02/11 05:29 PM.
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Condor

You should max out a few other spells, that would help.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard