Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
A discussion has recently been active over on Bioware's forums about which other games companies produce lithographs and other collectibles, and having looked around, it's fewer than you'd think. Fewer than I thought, anyway.

Does Larian have any intention of doing something similar with the Divinity series? Might it perhaps raise its profile a little? I'm guessing it's a risky venture as promo items are probably rather expensive to produce and quite a high risk: smaller companies don't necessarily have the money to throw at projects like this where they potentially have to write it off if it doesn't work out. Not everybody has EA's deep pockets, after all.

Still, it'd be cool to see signed lithographs made available whether from concept art or commissioning artists to paint key characters or landmarks, and "...bought the limited edition game guide" seems to be the modern gamer's equivalent of "...and got the tee-shirt"!

Whether or not it's likely to happen, I figured I'd just register a personal interest, anyway. smile

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
We actually investigated making 3D statues of your avatar and making ordering those available through www.larianvault.com - I think the project was cancelled because of the price that we'd have to charge consumers for those.

vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
I really love that as an idea - but it's easy for me to say without knowing how much it might've cost! Custom products like that seem to be extremely rare, so much so that I can't even think of any offhand.

Something that may be more affordable (said without knowing the intricacies...) would be a lithograph of one's character, essentially a tarted-up screenshot I guess. I love the idea of that too, though it may be no more economical to realise.

Failing that, how about a full-size replica of Stone's fortress? grin

J'aime le fromage.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Personally, I'd believe that it'd rather work for Bioware or for already established franchises ... Because these are rather growing up fans who are willing to pay for this, and that in sfficient numbers, too.

In my opinion, Larian ist too small for that. At least at the moment.

And they don't have such a well-established fan base like Bioware has - at least that's my personal impression I get when I look at the nearly empty "general talk" forums here ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
C
C
A business of any size can get t-shirts, poster prints or even lithos done. But the problem comes down logistics and getting this swag out. If would be ridiculous to attempt to ship each piece out separately but it could be done with a box/case insert for a hard copy. You see most companies doing this for pre-orders where they can grab a good estimation of how many units will need to be produced and packaged in advance. Though I'll say working out special edition pre-orders for smaller releases is tricky because its difficult to get shelf space for a 2nd box.

I love Lar_q's (scrapped) idea of 3D statues of your own avatar. And I totally agree, if you're including avatar specific armor, it would be a logistical and costly nightmare.

Well we did have little statues with a metal sword/letter opener for the German collectors edition of ED.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, I have one. wink

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
I'd love to purchase some Divinity/Larian swag.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
A
veteran
veteran
A
You wanna Divinity swag : Look here : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=373871

At the top you can change the language into English.

Use "Divinity II" as the search phrase.

Edit : Mugs seem to be sold out already.

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 11/02/11 12:10 PM.

--Dilbert cartoon

M
addict
addict
M
On the French Collector's Edition, there was a cloth map (colored and all).

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Is there any cd/dvd with Kirill Pokrovsky autograph?

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard