Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by scalla
if I remember well he's complaining about his brother-in-law ("beau-frère" in French) Bellegar that summons all kinds of creatures.

It's a bit different actually: Bellegar plays tricks with Robin's dead brother-in-law, but he isn't the brother-in-law himself. smile

[...]

Fifty-six Undead
In the ground, out of it again, in the ground, out of it again... Annoying things! Fifty six kills and it was my dead brother-in-law again each and every time. Bloody Bellegar and his bloody jokes!

Aaah, I should have guessed it really wasn't possible for Bellegar to have an ordinary familly :p I'm wondering why I misunderstood, I'll checked next time how it was translated.

Anyway, I'm not sure Maxos was a dragon knight himself... he had the power to make them, but that doesn't mean he decided to be one of them. That would explain both Maxos' disappearance and Bellegar's mysterious superpowers.

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
M
Mvc9 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Divinity 3: Daimian's Damnation ?
Divinity 3: Patriach's Return ?

----

Now Gaben, you speak of bellegar awesomeness, but throughout the game i saw him as an annoying nuisance and of course in the ending I choose the entombed mage over him, I mean i considered this logically:

I fought the whole game in order to free the spirit, and then in the end bellegar tells me that he can help ? why the F he didnt said that earlier. it could have saved me 10 hours of pointless gameplay.

He does sound like a crazy lunatic to me, i mean the rhyming i get, but throughout the whole game, i didnt see him help the character even once (except the last part).

tell me how is that your favorite character, how is he so unique ?

Last edited by Mvc9; 12/02/11 04:36 AM.

My current projects:
+ Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines Antitribu Mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu
+ Untitled RPG Source game
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by candlebbq
For a second, I misread your post and thought it said:

Divinity 3: <anything>'s New Hope
Divinity 3: <anything> Strikes Back
Divinity 3: Return of the <anything>

lol

of course that would have to be divinity 4, 5, 6... so we're not quite there yet

I was sarcastic about cheap titles btw :P But I like your idea.

C
C
you speak of bellegar awesomeness

Bellegar is awesome. So awesome, he transcends the game itself. In fact his super powers allow him to post on this forum from time to time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Mvc9
Divinity 3: Damian's Damnation ?

Lol grin

Bellegar is a wonderful character because... he's annoying. He has fun of everyone and likes to make them to live nonsense situation. He doesn't have any sens of danger, that's true, but if you think about... he keeps challenging heroes, but doesn't forget to reward their tenacity (even if the reward is kind of unbalanced, since he doesn't realize the price of danger). He's so powerful, if he really wanted to kill you he perfectly could! but he prefers spectacular, absurd challenges, to earn his help. He is lunatic, but logical with himself: no wonderful reward without wonderful challenge.

(He probably freezed Rhode because she tried to cheat ^^ he has no fun with cheaters.)

G
journeyman
journeyman
G

Aaah, I should have guessed it really wasn't possible for Bellegar to have an ordinary familly :p I'm wondering why I misunderstood, I'll checked next time how it was translated.

Anyway, I'm not sure Maxos was a dragon knight himself... he had the power to make them, but that doesn't mean he decided to be one of them. That would explain both Maxos' disappearance and Bellegar's mysterious superpowers.

Good to know Bellegar doesn't have ordinary family. ^^ It made no sense to me and I was sure you made a mistake there.

Maxos was a Dragon Knight, I'm 99.(9)% sure. It's indicated many times, besides why would he NOT take the gift of being a Dragon Knight? He wanted wisdom and nothing more, and through becoming a DK he has got a little part of wisdom of Dragons.

Now Gaben, you speak of bellegar awesomeness, but throughout the game i saw him as an annoying nuisance and of course in the ending I choose the entombed mage over him, I mean i considered this logically:

I fought the whole game in order to free the spirit, and then in the end bellegar tells me that he can help ? why the F he didnt said that earlier. it could have saved me 10 hours of pointless gameplay.

He does sound like a crazy lunatic to me, i mean the rhyming i get, but throughout the whole game, i didnt see him help the character even once (except the last part).

tell me how is that your favorite character, how is he so unique ?

He's annoying, but he's just fun to encounter! He's funny. He's a nuisance, but it's because he wants his fun - he enjoys giving challenges to people and make them live through illogical situations.

You didn't play the game in order to free the spirit. Zandalor and general Augustus said that you're to go to the tomb and convince the ghost to give you the Eye of the Patriarch, but they also said that under no circumstance you should free him.

He's crazy? A bit, I agree.

Why is he unique? He's a crazed, rhyming mage, who tries to make hell out of lives of random people for his entertainment. He enjoys challenging others, yet doesn't forget to reward them. He isn't dull for sure, unlike some other powerful wizard (yes, I'm looking at you Zandalor) who - apparently - became a fanboy of Dumbledore. He's funny. Rememberable. He wants to save Rivellon - his playground.

If he wanted to, he'd kill the Dragon Knight - his device gives the Dragon ability to destroy everything with that awesome fireball attack. If he used it against DK, only a bloody stain would remain out of our hero.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GabeN
Maxos was a Dragon Knight, I'm 99.(9)% sure. It's indicated many times, besides why would he NOT take the gift of being a Dragon Knight? He wanted wisdom and nothing more, and through becoming a DK he has got a little part of wisdom of Dragons.

What if that kind of knowledge make him to forget his human memory? He was looking for knowledge, so I'm not sure he would be ready to forget anything. Besides, he maybe didn't need dragon wisdow to be wiser than them, if dragons respected him so much.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G

What if that kind of knowledge make him to forget his human memory? He was looking for knowledge, so I'm not sure he would be ready to forget anything. Besides, he maybe didn't need dragon wisdow to be wiser than them, if dragons respected him so much.

We never heard about Dragon Knights losing their memories, only about Dragon Slayers.

Besides, Maxos made those Dragon Knights... He obviously had to give them dragon knowledge! Without having that kind of knowledge, he wouldn't be able to do so, would he? It means he had that kind of knowledge, so he WAS a DK!

Besides Bellegar being Maxos... Is unlikely. Someone would recognize him. Zandalor? Behrlin, who fought him a few times? Other characters?
Maxos cared only for power and knowledge. Bellegar cares a bit about morality, doesn't seem obsessed about power and knowledge, he also cares about Rivellon in his own, strange, Bellegarish way...

But it also would be a good, surprising turn of events in next game! I still think that in Divinity 3, if it will contain a Dragon Knight, we will happen to be Maxos who has forgotten everything because of what happened, when he teleported somewhere in search of power (Patriarch said something about it - he was successful, but something bad happened after it). Surprising, great turn of events. ^^

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by candlebbq
you speak of bellegar awesomeness

Bellegar is awesome. So awesome, he transcends the game itself. In fact his super powers allow him to post on this forum from time to time.

Has anyone actually taken that username?

C
C
Besides, Maxos made those Dragon Knights... He obviously had to give them dragon knowledge! Without having that kind of knowledge, he wouldn't be able to do so, would he? It means he had that kind of knowledge, so he WAS a DK!

If you read and listen to every piece of story the in-game, as I remember it, the game tells you Maxos was a human who's quest for knowledge became so great the Dragons gave him the power to create dragon knights. He eventually became intellectual equals with the Dragons; and thus presumably left his tower for other intellectual pursuits. IMHO I think he transcended the realm that your character plays in and thus no longer meddles in the affairs of humans and dragon knights alike.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's just a theory, but Maxos could have reached his purpose and become kind of omniscient. With so much power, so much knowledge, what does he have left? the opportunity to share it at the price he wishes. I think challenges could feed his curiosity about how-this-one-is-going-to-act type of questions, since it's the only thing he wouldn't know.

Well, I'm probably not right, but it would make (some) sense according to me.

Support
Support

When Patriarch opens the way to the Hall of Echoes for you, he mentions doing the same for Maxos, and implies things didn't go quite according to plan.

From Looking for Patriarch Conversation
Character: Why did Maxos seek to enter the Hall of Echoes?

Patriarch: Knowledge was his answer to that question, power was the truth his eye betrayed. But I opened a gateway for him too, deep beneath the scorched wastelands of Yuthul Gor. He was successful as he almost always was, though now... but that is of no consequence. Nothing humans do really is.

D
stranger
stranger
D
It should be called 'Extreme Wakeboarding 2'

Just for lols

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard