Next Thread
Print Thread
#438706 13/02/11 12:35 PM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi folks, I'm new to the forums and Larian games, I am a fan of RPGs, I have a short list of games, all pc.
Dragon Age Origins + Awakening
Mass Effect 1&2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas collectors edition
The Witcher enhanced edition

I've already pre-ordered Dragon age 2 and The Witcher 2, now I'm thinking of adding Divinity II the dragon knight saga to my collection, my mouse is hovering over the purchase button but I would like some more information such as map size and replayability.

The demo was enjoyable but I am curious, Ego Draconis recieved a meta score of 72 but DKS has no meta score, is there a reason for this?

Tech specs: I note on Steam the system requirements show DirectX 10 as well as DirectX 9, does the game actually utilize the DirectX 10 path?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Eh? DKS has no metascore? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga

It has. 82 from critics 86 from users.

No idea about DX10 though.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by GabeN
Eh? DKS has no metascore? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga

It has. 82 from critics 86 from users.

No idea about DX10 though.
shame I missed that score, it's Steam I've been looking at http://store.steampowered.com/app/58540/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Support
Support

D2:ED didn't use DirectX 10. I don't know if the updates in DKS take advantage of any DirectX 10 features, but I don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere.

What was the end of the demo? Assuming you get access to the full Broken Valley, the fjords is another map about that size, and there is an island about the size of the starting section of Broken Valley. I don't have DKS yet, but before the Hall of Echoes there are limited places in Aleroth you can go; afterwards (the FoV section of the game) the city opens up. IIRC the official playtime estimate for D2:ED was 40 hours (I explored everywhere, etc, and took 75 hours), while FoV was 20 hours.

Some people have said the game wasn't replayable because the main plot quests don't branch (many of the side quests do, and there are multiple ways of solving quests), while others have played the game dozens of times. Unless you follow a walkthrough, and make all the same choices the second time you play, you are most likely going to discover things on a second playthrough that you missed the first.

Welcome to the forum. wave

A
veteran
veteran
A
Try Drakensang, too.

Drakensang 1 if you prefer more combat,
Drakensang 2 if you prefer more "social role-playing".

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
If you liked Mass effect and Dragon age Origins then I believe you will love this game, different but similar and very good.

S
stranger
stranger
S
If I remeber correctly the demo stops when you meet the Dragon Knight (Tilana or whatever her name is), which is about 1/4 of the way through Ego Draconis, so there is plenty more to do after that (kudos to larian for providing such a great demo, I was amazed at how much they let you play). It sounds you were like me. I tried the demo ages ago on the 360, and couldn't decide to get it or not too. I finally bought on PC through Steam the other week, and I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed.

Also, I got a feeling that DKS does use DX10.

Last edited by Ste T; 20/02/11 02:33 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard