Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
So yea... think this game just went from freaking awesome to a big steaming pile of shit. I would think that by the remastered version (DKS) game breaking bugs would be fixed. I understand Larian is a small studio, and that can excuse some light bugs or <insert desired feature here>, but not a game that has been released then remastered (claiming to fix bugs) that leaves the game physically unplayable. EXTREMELY disappointed and if I keep getting silence from support@larian.com then I be forced to contact Impulse for a refund for false advertisement (a working game). Harsh words yes, but with the below I physically can't play the game anymore and I really wanted to see the ending before DA2 came out.

First all Flying Fortresses have so much ambient light that I can't even see the ground much less any mobs/chest/place to convert to human form. Raze's Fortress in addition to the same light problem of the other fortresses is completely unplayable (fall through the ground endlessly, can't walk up stairs, mobs are invincible since there seems to be an invisible wall that follows me blocking all attacks - but they can still attack me, etc.). And finally the second barrier to Orobas Fjords bugged so that I can't continue AT ALL. All that is left to my save game is to progress to one of these three areas.

I've downloaded the support tool, all checks out fine. I completely removed the game (backing up saves) including the profile information and reinstalled. I've updated every driver for every single piece of hardware on the PC, nada. Only this game has issues, and my hardware is well above what is required. It just saddens me that I won't see the end to this game and will now instead of suggest a great RPG suggest avoid like the plague as after a year of improving, the game is still not playable. I was looking forward to a second play through as a non-ranger, guess that is out too.

apprentice
apprentice
Trilarian, I've played the retail version all the way through, and these issues did not happen.

I think this is specific to the recently patched Impulse version - a definite screwup happened somewhere, so anger is justified. If you've been following my thread, there seems to be some progress on the dev side of things. Hopefully Focus Home has contacted Larian, and they'll sort this out between them.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79
Trilarian, I've played the retail version all the way through, and these issues did not happen.

I think this is specific to the recently patched Impulse version - a definite screwup happened somewhere, so anger is justified. If you've been following my thread, there seems to be some progress on the dev side of things. Hopefully Focus Home has contacted Larian, and they'll sort this out between them.

I apologize for the tone... I literally came here straight from realizing I simply can not progress the game further no matter what I do and I haven't been seeing a lot of responses that were yielding results. I've calmed down again and will await a hopeful fix from Home/Larian/Impulse.

Last edited by Trilarian; 28/02/11 04:12 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I picked up DKS from Impulse also. I am having the exact same problems.

Incredibly frustrating.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
We're working together with Focus and Impulse to resolve these issues. We'll get this sorted asap.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by ALF
We're working together with Focus and Impulse to resolve these issues. We'll get this sorted asap.

Thanks for the acknowledgment that it is being worked on. Hopefully a patch can come quickly. This game has been shelved for now, and with DA2 coming out March 8th may end up collecting dust.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
New Impulse patch is up. It fixes your issues.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by ALF

THANK YOU!!!! I verified all 3 bugs have been fixed and the game is playable again. Again, I apologize for my OP tone, it was just a triple whammy of frustration vented here with no time in between. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Trilarian
Originally Posted by ALF

THANK YOU!!!! I verified all 3 bugs have been fixed and the game is playable again. Again, I apologize for my OP tone, it was just a triple whammy of frustration vented here with no time in between. smile

Maybe think, no, certainly(!), you frustration was coming from the fact the game is sooo addictive, awesome, great, ... ,
... you can't resist to have the big wish to play further & further rpg005 !
I can understand your frustations ! hug

Have FUN with the game and hopefully you DON'T meet any (gamebreaking) bugs anymore smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Joram
Originally Posted by Trilarian
Originally Posted by ALF

Maybe think, no, certainly(!), you frustration was coming from the fact the game is sooo addictive, awesome, great, ... ,
... you can't resist to have the big wish to play further & further rpg005 !
I can understand your frustations ! hug

Have FUN with the game and hopefully you DON'T meet any (gamebreaking) bugs anymore smile

That is the holy truth, when you encounter such a bug in a bad game, you say "Well, whatever." and go play something else, but in games such as Divinity, bug or problem awakens the righterous anger laugh

I saw what you did there.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard