Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
stranger
stranger
Hi

I have the same problem with Razor, Rayhun and Gesnizh. There is only a black screen wgile they talk and they are nowhere afterward. With Razor you are strucked in Razor's Headquater.

My bigest problem is Broken Valley after you reenter it from the Orobas Fjords.
This part has several bugs.
After I speak with Williams I get the key direkt and I don't get out. Damians henchmen only came after I reload before I enter the tower and only kill the two at the bottom after I spoke with Williams. Williams only moves when an attacker is near and return to his old position after the fight. It's not possible to speak to him again.
Like with Razor I looked in the solution to see if it is important for the main quest.
Sadly it is and the map of the solution confused me because I hadn't any Generators or Anti-Dragon -Zones. I could fly directly to Rayhun's Headquater.
The new patch hadn't solve the bugs.
What now? There is still on savegame before I enter Broken Valley but after Razor and the other Flying Fortress. I wasn't in Aleroth yet. Is that the problem? Should I try Broken Valley after I was in Aleroth? The only Flying Fortress with Anti-Dragon-Zones was Stones by the way, the first I entered.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Salives
...I wasn't in Aleroth yet. Is that the problem? Should I try Broken Valley after I was in Aleroth?...
No! Because I've never gone to Aleroth until after all the fortresses and Broken Valley (hence all the Generals) are done. You're having a different type of problem that I cannot help.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
stranger
stranger
I have a similar problem with Stone. Can't see him (dark screen) and arena teleport is inactive. I am stuck. Will latest patch (I believe 2) fix that, or do i need to send in savegame as well?

Even with a delay, best wishes for 2011.

For all these bugs I recommend contacting support@larian.com. Attach a savegame if it needs fixing, and reference this thread in the mail.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Those issues are caused by a corrupt savegame. The patch doesn't fix the savegames. However, we can put back those characters if you send a savegame to support@larian.com detailing which characters you're missing.

stranger
stranger
Thanks all for the response. I just installed patch 2, so from the description, it is my understanding that it won't happen again. hehe

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Just to clarify my post: The issue is fixed in the latest patch for NEW games. The patch won't fix savegames that already have missing characters in it.

If you run into a missing character, send a savegame to support@larian.com and we can put it back for you.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Just to report - I completed Vacca's quest (Sentinel Island) and he went back in his cave. I entered the cave also and Vacca was there. Then I just did some looting in the cave and meantime Vacca disappeared.

NB: I started my game from the beginning after applying the patch 2, so this seems to be a new bug.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by itay
i have the same Problem!

When i enter the room theres a black screen "Text" thingy and i cant see Raze i only can see the dialog when hes saying its so cold in here lol.

any way i cant see him even after the scene i can only see in the room two "items" that i can close the cold air in the rooms and the spawning skeletons ...and thats it , i over killed them like 10000 times lol ...im tired.

any way please help me ...if a save game is needed let me know how to upload them to forum.

Thanks.

I have the same problem!

veteran
veteran
Please send your savegame to support@larian.com and we can fix the file for you.

If you are having Windows XP the saves are in the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

If you are having Windows Vista or Windows 7 the saves are in the folder:
C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

If the AppData folder doesn’t appear it’s because it’s hidden.

How To Show Hidden Files In Windows XP

How To Show Hidden Files In Windows 7

stranger
stranger
i got same problem here, i just send it with yousendit.com
i cant use yahoo cause everytime i attach the file it always get fail

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by ALF
Those issues are caused by a corrupt savegame. The patch doesn't fix the savegames. However, we can put back those characters if you send a savegame to support@larian.com detailing which characters you're missing.

I understand that the patch won't fix existing savegames, & I have sent mine in to you to be fixed. My questions are:

1. Should I install the patch to prevent additional problems or will it mess up the existing save game? So far I've only had the problem with Raze (didn't have it with Isabelle), but have not yet reached the other NPCs that are apparently affected.

2. I also see that there is a patch for FOV ... will installing the FOV patch prevent me from using my final savegame from DKS?

I'm also curious ... if the problem is a corrupt savegame rather than a bug, how is it that the patch prevents it from happening?

Support
Support

You should install the patch. It will not cause a problem with existing saves, and in addition to bug fixes there are more graphics options, some balancing changes and a nightmare difficulty level added.

If you have D2:ED + FoV installed, then you only need to worry about the FoV patch (any changes to D2:ED are already included). If you have DKS, then it includes the remastered game and the add-on, so you only need the DKS patch.

If you have saves from D2:ED, you can load them and continue after FoV is installed. D2:ED saves are not compatible with DKS, so if you either have DKS or install the FoV to DKS conversion patch you will not be able to use any D2:ED saves.

I would assume the missing NPC problem starts off with the game itself, but if you save after it happens, the wrong location (or status, etc) gets written into the save file. The patch fixes whatever the issue was in the game that causes the problem, but doesn't check existing saves for the issue.

Welcome to the forum. wave

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I do have DKS, so I will go ahead & install that patch, & wait for my savegame to come back, thanks! Great game, BTW. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Just wondering how long it's taking the developers to turn around savegames submitted to be fixed for this problem right now. Some of the posts indicated it was much less than 24 hours, but that was last month, & I was wondering what the average is right now.

& yes, waiting with bated breath wink

edited:

Ok, haven't heard back on my savegame, so after I installed the patch, I went back and found an earlier save that didn't have the problem, & was able to finally see (& after much trouble) kill Raze. My question is:

Can I proceed with this savegame? From what I've been able to glean from the forums, as long as the patch is installed prior to a problem occurring, the patch should prevent them from happening. Is this correct? Or can I expect to find other problems in this earlier savegame & should thus wait for the fixed savegame to come in?

Last edited by Allana; 16/02/11 02:44 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi guys,

I'm having the same problem with Raze too. I'm going to send my savegame for fixing.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Just be prepared to be patient. I suspect they've been inundated, as it took them a few days to get the fixed file back. Also, save before any mindreading. Some of the convos were apparently reset in the process of fixing the file, & you may get charged the xp for the mindread, but not get any benefits from it. The good news is that everything worked correctly once I got it back. Don't forget to apply the DKS patch (which fixes the FoV portion as well) while you're waiting to get your file back, so you don't have any future problems.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by itay
some how i cant find the saves game folder , even tryed with the serch windows obtion.

found it , but i see only Shaders folder and none save gave

Also experiencing same problem. Can't see Raze, Rayhun, Geshniz, so want to send the save game file. Tried looking for it everywhere. Under Application Data, Divinity and Divinity 2 DKS folders I only see "Shaders" folder, no save game folders frown

Please help!
I can see hidden files and folders

(ps - what is the save game file extention? I can maybe try and search for that?)

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
You're looking in the wrong place (I did the same thing the first time I tried). Make sure you are looking in the folder with your user name on it:

Originally Posted by Raze

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

The savegames have the extension ".dxg"

for example: savegame32.dxg, where the "32" is the savegame no.

stranger
stranger
aaaaaaah, at last, thanks a million!!! hehe

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard