Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Apoc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
From lvl 30 to lvl 31 i got 2 mayor bugs that wont allow me to continue with the game, its pretty unbelievable.
I was going for the Imps Lair and once inside i killed everything and no key appeared, i checked the guides and forums and i realized the guy who dropped the key is a shaman BEHIND the door that needs to be unlocked. Marvellous, i sent the saved game expecting a fast response since i have no idea what kind of fix you can do about it since i didnt get a reply yet.

So i keep my optimism, expecting that was the only bug i would get to see since i am playing DKS and the game got the prize of the year award and headed to Stone´s Fortress, and BOOM, another bug.
The bug was about Xanlosch / Isabelle which appear on a cutscene talking while falling (pretty weird stuff, huh?) i was eager to fight something so i saved my game, scared of the Isabelle beast, and i waited and waited and checked the whole fortress thoroughly and realized just now that it was another bug that wont allow me to get a quest done.

Once someone shows up, please let me know and ill send whatever save game i must, and if possible please explain how you fix things in that way cause i dont know if keep playing or just wait for an answer.

Thank you very much.

Support
Support

If you are playing the PC version of the game, you may be able to take advantage of an exploit to work around the glitch you encountered in the imp's lair.

Big Bug in the Game.... (or Big way for Ghosts)

Did you install the patch? (DKS support page)
There was a bug where certain opponents could be missing, and one person did mention someone in one of the flying fortresses falling during the cutscene conversation. Unfortunately the patch will not fix such problems after they occur, but will prevent it from happening again.

If you don't have a save before the cutscene with Xanlosch that you can reload and try again, or it is too far back, you can email your latest save to Larian, and wait for them to return it. Mention the missing key-holder in the imp's lair, as well (unless you can use the trick above to finish off that place).

It is early morning (7:40) in Belgium now, so hopefully if you email them a save soon they will get it back before the weekend with the problem NPCs reset to their proper locations, and you can load it and continue playing.

A
Apoc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thank you very much man, i already got the key, now Xanlosch bug is still there
I was really annoyed at everything and i had no answer from any larian ppl so i was annoyed as hell.
Btw how do they actually fix your saved game? you need to stop playing and then just put it there?
Xanlosch bug is extremely annoying and i am having bugs with him and alrik too now.
Seems like bugs wont end.
Anyway, thank you very much and take care man

A
Apoc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
My version is 1.4.9.32

Support
Support

People from Larian do follow the forums, but not necessarily on a regular basis, and they do not post frequently. I'm not sure what the usual response time is for email.

You do need to stop playing (with that character) while waiting for Larian to fix a save. When they get the save file they can load it into some kind of editor where they will be able to check the status and location of any NPCs that are reported to have a problem (or quest status, etc), and make adjustments as required. When they send the edited file back, you should be able to put it back in the save games folder (replacing the original version), start the game, load that save and the NPCs should be restored.

A
Apoc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
thanks again man, you are a very nice person.

ava Offline
Your version is also quite low, you should update and check if the bug is still there.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard