Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ironcreed
Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO
You are right...
This discussion could easily get into another topic, so I will finish with this.
My opinion is based on the comparison of the demo and ED. If you haven't played ED then you can't
truly understand. The camera is very important to me. I did not play Fall Out until a year after the release because I thought it was just a 1P shooter. Lastly, on the HUD, if it doesn't give a continuous update of info (ie.. your status bar) then , in my opinion it should be turned off. The devs aren't going to make changes from one post but rather from a collection of many. The more options that are given to a player, to customize to his or her playstyle, the more sales... the more money...

That's the name of the game.
Sorry for the pun.

I have Ego Draconis. I bought the DKS for the improved performance and of course for Flames of Vengeance. I was simply stating that the camera positioning was not an issue for me based on the new demo. As I was too busy paying attention to the improved performance over Ego Draconis. It plays like butter in comparison.

Sorry Ironcreed that was in reply to an earlier post.

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 12/04/11 06:02 AM.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

stranger
stranger
I already made a thread about this, but in an attempt to make sure someone with pull sees the comment, I'll reiterate here.

I too have a bit of an issue with the hud. It's rather obtrusive and seems to bee situated in the middle of the screen instead of the outside corners(maybe for easy 4:3 support?). This really kills the immersion for me, and I would at least like an option to disable or move it as I see fit. A fading hud would also be an acceptable alternative, but the option to move it or disable certain elements would be more desirable (I really only need the minimap, and even that I don't need constantly). At the moment, this is what is keeping me from ordering this right this second, because I don't want to be staring at it for the entire length of what I hear is a long game. The environments look really nice, so I don't see why we should be fighting the hud to look at them. As I said, at least give us the option.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the demo, though picking stuff up was a bit finicky at times.

Don't steal, the government hates competition.
addict
addict
OK
I'm going to give this thing another chance, because I realized I traded ED in when I made my preorder. I will face the issues due to the curiosity I have for FoV.

But, this not being able to turn around in combat is really kicking me in the DIRTY BAGS...

apprentice
apprentice
@Senior Cinco Glad to hear. I'm sure you'll adapt to the new controls. And for the record I never slammed you about anything. I wasn't using the word picky offensively smile I could have used sensitive, which still could be construed as mean. I'm sensitive or picky about FPS. Everyone has their poison.

My copy has shipped, but waiting a few hours for delivery is killing me. I won't take my lunch break until I think the game is home since I plan on taking a long lunch to rerun through the demo area so I can finally get to something new. I'm an expert in farglow, but I still haven't found that axe yet(or was it a sword). Maybe I'll find this time.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
addict
addict
Understood and right back at ya

I personally refuse to play a FP anything, but then again to each is his own. The option does come in handy sometimes when looking for stuff. Just another reason for the freedom of choice. It makes me feel like I have blinders on, so an extended TP view is my preference.

That and aside from the fact that I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...

I wouldn't use adapt to the controls. It's more like suffer through them because I was spoiled in ED.
But I guess it is what it is. I just hope the ending has a since of completion...

apprentice
apprentice
I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...

Sig worthy

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
Support
Support

But, this not being able to turn around in combat is really kicking me in the DIRTY BAGS...

I also have this issue in the demo with a bow equipped, though I can see where in that case someone might want to just back away from an opponent to get some distance. I loaded D2:ED up and tried a save on Sentinel Island, and could easily switch targets with a bow equipped (IMO a more reasonable assumption of the intention if someone is surrounded and moves the left stick to a different direction). Melee attacks (unarmed) are fine in the DKS demo.

A (minor) target selection issue I do have is that regular attacks do not unpause the game. This was also the case in D2:ED, but playing a warrior there, when I did pause in order make it easier to select a specific opponent to attack I pretty much always followed with Rush Attack. Playing a ranger now, I guess I will need to use an active ranger skill whenever I pause to select a target (not a big deal, but I wasn't planning on investing too much into Spirit).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard