Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Anybody know if you can give any armour or weapons that I have found and don't use to the runners in the battle tower? Just for the record it's the xbox version. cheers

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Since I knew in advance that I would be able to supply my runners with equpiment, I saved a lot of good armour and weapons for this purpose (they were a pain hauling around, taking up space in my inventory, but hey, what don't you do to prevent union trouble?)

However, when I got my tower - only yesterday, in fact - I found that the way to outfit my runners was to pay my enchanter and trainer in gold to supply equipment. A basic set of armour and a basic weapon costs 1000 gold apiece, for every runner. So to outfit all three of them with basic equipment would cost 6000 gold, if I do the math correctly. Presumably, there is an option to upgrade.

If there is a way for the Dragon Knight to give the runners any special equipment from his or her own stash, I haven't found it yet.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Procrastes I did the same and like yourself have discovered that I cannot give them the equipment. I suppose I may have to sell the stuff to raise some gold to pay for better equipment.It makes me smile that the guys and girls I spared to help me in my tower have the cheek to charge me for weapons and armour!! Next they will be shouting for a pay rise!!!!!

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I know what you mean. Especially when I realized how much Grimm was planning to charge for his second hand body parts - presumably recycled from my own dungeon - I tried to picture the scene when he presented Laiken with the same price list.

But then I thought that, hey, this is not really a mordern retail store. I, as the Dragon Knight, am in fact like a manorial lord in medieval times*, keeping trained craftsmen whom I finance and supply with workspace and tools of the trade, as well as food and lodgings. Of course it should cost to secure the finest services!

*The main difference being that I do not seem to have any serfs or loyal subjects as such, outside the Battle Tower. Thus no taxes, thus the need to loot for gain. I shall have to remedy this when I have saved the world. A good place to start would be to install a provincial governor in Lovis's old tower (after having it properly exorcised, of course), and have him collect taxes from that region... and so on. laugh

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Haha I'm just going to charge them rent devil

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Considering that the alternative to paying the required rent would be to get evicted out into the poison fog, I'd say you've got a pretty good bargaining position.

Aside from being a dragon.

veteran
veteran
Basic Equipment isn't going to be that great for the runners. They'll come back hurt too often. You'll actually need to get them intermediate equipment (2000 gold each), so that will run you a total of 18000 (12000 + 6000). That will make their rate of return more reasonable.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Foxytiler
Procrastes I did the same and like yourself have discovered that I cannot give them the equipment. I suppose I may have to sell the stuff to raise some gold to pay for better equipment.It makes me smile that the guys and girls I spared to help me in my tower have the cheek to charge me for weapons and armour!! Next they will be shouting for a pay rise!!!!!

Armour and weapons require materials, which cost money.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
To true mate best get them runners earning there keep then wink And I suppose I will have to sell all that gear for next to nothing the cheating swines!! damn them

C
stranger
stranger
C
well there is the additional option to send your runners after the most valuable stuff and sell it to finance their own upgrades, so hunt diamonds often.

journeyman
journeyman
To upgrade each of your three runners to the best weapon and best armour would cost a total of 42,000 gold by my calculations.

For the first sword it's 1000 gold, the second is 2000 gold, and the third is 4000 gold. That's 7000 gold. Times that by the three runners and you have so far spent 21000 gold giving your three runners the best swords each.

Same again for the armour, first is 1000, then 2000, then 4000 = 7000, again times three and you have another 21000. 42000 gold all up. But I'ts worth it.

For each armour upgrade you give them, they have more chance of returning with hands full of goodies, also meaning you don't have to pay for them to heal. For every sword upgrade they bring back more of the item you are after, at least that was my experience. I went from getting 1 diamond to 12 every run...

There is also no way to give them your own stockpile that I have found, Although i keep EVERYTHING in my battle chest, swords, shields, books, my first tooth... Just in case.

Hope some of that helped..

Tinman21

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing" - Edmund Burke
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
i only wish that there was an option to upgrade instantly to the best equipment i just found it annoying opening the menu nine times to upgrade them all to the best Armour and then again to get the best weapons

S
S
when i started ED, i thought i could manually equip my runner. so, i hoarded any good equipment i came across.
then i got to the battle tower, all that moot.

instead of manually equipping them, or buying gear- where's an option to tell them to loot the chest? :p

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard