Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#441055 30/03/11 03:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Joined: Aug 2009
I only have a few pieces of the archmage set. I am assuming it is the best armor for a mage in human form (please say if this assumption is wrong). Has someone compiled the location of all the armor pieces? Preferably with a map to go with it. It's difficult to find stuff without the "highlight all" feature.

Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Support
Offline
Support
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

In D2:ED there is a ten piece equipment set in each of the fortresses for Stone (Archmage set), Raze (Hunter's set - ranger) and Kali (Scorpion set - warrior). If you mindread those three bosses, as well as Xanlosch (in Stone's fortress), you can collect the four piece Ulthring's set.

Here is a map showing the rough locations of the archmage set, or from the walkthrough;
-The ten piece Archmage set is hidden in treasure chests around the fortress.

1: The ring is straight northeast of the entrance, right next to the first
generator.

2: The cuirass is slightly northeast of the last (northernmost) generator.

3: The gauntlets are just a couple tents south of the cuirass.

4: The earrings are on the same platform as the gauntlets and cuirass, at its
southeastern end.

5: The belt is on the same platform as the gauntlets, cuirass, and earrings,
but one level up. It's just south of the ramp leading up to the top level.

6: The leggings are on the same platform as the last several pieces, but at
the very top, on the northwest side.

7: The helmet is hidden on a tiny platform south of Stone's Greenery.

8: The necklace is on the east side of a small platform overlooking Stone's
Greenery from the north.

9: The bracelet is on the northeastern side of the lower tier of the large
platform beneath Stone's Greenery.

10: The warhammer is northwest of the entrance, two levels up.

The archmage set is relatively popular for mage characters, and some people also like Ulthring's set since it allows more flexibility in other equipment choices. At least playing a strength based dual wielding warrior, I found my looted and purchased equipment better than the warrior set.

In DKS the set pieces were moved around, and additional sets were added.

Raze #441061 30/03/11 07:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
That map is accurate for Ego Draconis. If you're actually playing Dragon Knight Saga, it is different. I have the location for the set in Dragon Knight Saga if you need that.

Stabbey #441075 31/03/11 02:35 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Joined: Aug 2009
I am playing DKS. I thought I created this post in the right one. Please send me a link to the archmage set in DKS.

I also think that Ulthing's set is good for customization. What are the new sets Raze? I noticed they named a black ring boss after you. I know you predate D2:ED in these forums smile

Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Support
Offline
Support
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

I'm still waiting on the Xbox release of DKS, since my PC isn't fast enough to play it with an acceptable performance. At least some of the new sets correspond to DLC (and maybe pre-order bonuses) that were available for D2:ED.

Armor sets (DKS).

The Divinity 2 Wiki lists the new sets (and their locations) in DKS, but as far as I noticed, not the new locations of the sets from D2:ED.

Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Support
Offline
Support
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

P.S. I joined Larian's previous forum shortly after the release of Divine Divinity. There are still a couple people around from before DD was released, and during the development of an earlier game that never got finished (publisher went out of business and took the rights to the game with them). Alrik (AlrikFassbauer) is still around; according to a quick forum search, Barnabus, Stone and Xanlosch have not been around for awhile (they primarily participated in the German forums).
For other names taken from the forum, Viper became a bandit (hasn't been around for a few months), Myrthos had a sword named after him, and Ddraigfyre was used as a password. That's all I can think of, but the list may not be complete.

Raze #441082 31/03/11 09:06 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Joined: Aug 2009
Originally Posted by Raze

I'm still waiting on the Xbox release of DKS, since my PC isn't fast enough to play it with an acceptable performance. At least some of the new sets correspond to DLC (and maybe pre-order bonuses) that were available for D2:ED.

Armor sets (DKS).

The Divinity 2 Wiki lists the new sets (and their locations) in DKS, but as far as I noticed, not the new locations of the sets from D2:ED.

I think, Steam people are offering some armor too.

Raze #441203 03/04/11 11:11 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Joined: Aug 2009
Originally Posted by Raze

P.S. I joined Larian's previous forum shortly after the release of Divine Divinity. There are still a couple people around from before DD was released, and during the development of an earlier game that never got finished (publisher went out of business and took the rights to the game with them). Alrik (AlrikFassbauer) is still around; according to a quick forum search, Barnabus, Stone and Xanlosch have not been around for awhile (they primarily participated in the German forums).
For other names taken from the forum, Viper became a bandit (hasn't been around for a few months), Myrthos had a sword named after him, and Ddraigfyre was used as a password. That's all I can think of, but the list may not be complete.

Is Kali named after avatar of a Hindu goddess? She is worshiped!

Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Support
Offline
Support
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

That would be a reasonable assumption. I did a quick search for someone mentioning one of the names was from maybe a Greek or Roman myth, but couldn't find it (I did find the following, but only read that particular post, since I have not finished DKS).

From the topic Just finished the game. My one issue. Spoilers. - from a DKS/FoV forum
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Some names are quite random, others are not. We used a lot of Roman names for the Champions of Aleroth for instance, whereas a lot of villagers have random names. Still, it is true that there are many names that carry a connotation or reference to something else. A couple of examples:

  • Stan and Ollie: the first names of Laurel and Hardy
  • Eugene, the axe-wielder: after the Careful with that Axe Eugene song by Pink Floyd
  • The trees Yggdrasil, Jievaras and Irminsul: after mythological trees (Norse, Lithuanian and Germanic respectively)
  • Simeon the philosopher: after Simeon the Stylite (who actually spent 37 years atop a pillar until his death)
  • Sosostra, the fortune teller: after 'Madame Sosostris, famous clairvoyante' from T.S. Eliot's poem The Waste Land

Etc. etc.

Many of the important character names though, do not have a secondary meaning. Rhode, Lovis, Zandalor, Laiken, Ygerna, Maxos: they are not intended to have further reference.

Raze #441259 04/04/11 06:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
W
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Joined: Aug 2009
Originally Posted by Raze

That would be a reasonable assumption. I did a quick search for someone mentioning one of the names was from maybe a Greek or Roman myth, but couldn't find it (I did find the following, but only read that particular post, since I have not finished DKS).

From the topic Just finished the game. My one issue. Spoilers. - from a DKS/FoV forum
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Some names are quite random, others are not. We used a lot of Roman names for the Champions of Aleroth for instance, whereas a lot of villagers have random names. Still, it is true that there are many names that carry a connotation or reference to something else. A couple of examples:

  • Stan and Ollie: the first names of Laurel and Hardy
  • Eugene, the axe-wielder: after the Careful with that Axe Eugene song by Pink Floyd
  • The trees Yggdrasil, Jievaras and Irminsul: after mythological trees (Norse, Lithuanian and Germanic respectively)
  • Simeon the philosopher: after Simeon the Stylite (who actually spent 37 years atop a pillar until his death)
  • Sosostra, the fortune teller: after 'Madame Sosostris, famous clairvoyante' from T.S. Eliot's poem The Waste Land

Etc. etc.

Many of the important character names though, do not have a secondary meaning. Rhode, Lovis, Zandalor, Laiken, Ygerna, Maxos: they are not intended to have further reference.


I think Zandalor occurs in Divine Divinity (I maybe wrong here).

About Kali, they shouldn't have made her the bad guy. I hope that it's unintentional and only due to incomplete research. I don't know all about her but here is some trivia:

Like any avatar she had a specific purpose (in whatever world she incarnated). It was to guide an entity back to God (which involved killing it in that world). The entity in question could only bleed and faced no other hazards. So (by whatever means of medetation etc.), the entity had obtained a blessing that wherever it's blood touches the ground, a clone would get spawned. The entity is referred to as 'Rakta-beej' (Blood-seed). Raktabeej, believing itself to immortal, uses this blessing for evil (and hence a need for the clean up). Kali ends this existence of Raktabeej by battling it and dispatching a lot of it's blood (mostly by drinking the blood). Killing so many required a raze on behalf of Kali (which otherwise a goddess wouldn't have). The raze also made her pitch dark. How her raze was cooled after Raktabeej's end (so that she doesn't destroy more) is another story (it involves introducing a fraction of guilt at some point). She is often depicted wearing a garland of identical looking heads which belong to the clones of Raktabeej. Among her weapons is also a cup, in which she would catch the falling blood.

Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Support
Offline
Support
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

Zandalor was in Divine Divinity, along with ZixZax the imp.

Kali is used as a name in several regions, with different meanings (see here), though Larian would hardly be unaware of the Hindu goddess.


Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5