Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
Originally Posted by lynn
Yes, the early dragon gets the art!

[Linked Image]

Pre-order at a participating retailer and you’ll get the following:

The Art of Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga
A free 52-page, full color art book featuring the many stunning vistas, interesting characters, terrifying monsters, and unique sights to be found in the realm of Rivellon, along with comments from the artists.

Divinity II – The Original Soundtrack
From the moment your character begins their adventure in Rivellon to the instant you first take to the skies as a powerful dragon, the rousing musical score matches every bit of excitement with its sweeping fantasy spirit.

…PLUS the game of course! So why wait? Pre-Order!
For only $39.99!

Coming to North America for Xbox360 on April 12!

Pre-order your copy today from these retailers:

GameStop United States
GameStop Canada
Amazon.com
Amazon Canada
Buy.com
Walmart

Official Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga website

You want to support the game? Please join us at Facebook

I preordered from gamestop, so that is what I get? Awesome

addict
addict
Originally Posted by candlebbq
Speaking slightly OT on the publisher. Two things really hit me... first thing was Atlus actually picked up the title although they primarily push Japanese games; secondly, you persuaded them to actually released the title with the artbook and soundtrack-- and not just food shaped erasers (I don't mean this literally), but its just so different. If all of this is something they suggested, I would be shocked. You guys are amazing, I don't know how you wrangled up this one.

On topic-- Jpn publisher putting out a region free would also be impressive.

Anyway I've decided to pick up another copy because it looks good on my wall of games. Anyone clarify if its coming in/with an artbox or just the dvd pack + loose items? I know its uncommon with console titles, but... *fingers crossed*

I think Demon's Souls changed a lot of things at Atlus. While it's an eastern developed title, it felt a lot like a western title. After its success, we're now starting to see Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, The Cursed Crusade, etc. And Demon's Souls came with an art book and soundtrack as well. They just recently re-released both items with the Greatest Hits version of Demon's Souls:
http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Souls-..._4?ie=UTF8&qid=1298173253&sr=8-4

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
C
C
Originally Posted by Libertarian
I think Demon's Souls changed a lot of things at Atlus. While it's an eastern developed title, it felt a lot like a western title. After its success, we're now starting to see Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, The Cursed Crusade, etc. And Demon's Souls came with an art book and soundtrack as well. They just recently re-released both items with the Greatest Hits version of Demon's Souls:
http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Souls-..._4?ie=UTF8&qid=1298173253&sr=8-4

Good info...

That's still shocking. Japanese publisher have a certain structured way of doing things that complicates the entire process. 5 years ago I wouldn't be surprised if a meeting consisted of a uptight suit running a title through a checklist and scoring it. Although I am seeing a movement towards a more open business style with players like Capcom picking up indies for release.

O
stranger
stranger
O
When will there be a retail release for PC?

Support
Support

There is currently no retail DVD release in the US or UK, or any public information on possible plans for such in the near future. There were budget re-releases of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity, so that may eventually happen with DKS, as well.

In the US you can get DKS from gogamer.com. A couple people in the US and UK have mentioned ordering from play-asia.com (at least at the time they had the Australian PC version, so the manual was in English). I don't know of any place that carries the Canadian PC version of DKS which will ship outside the country.
Apparently you should be able to order from any European country (except Germany), since they include the English language version of the game, but not an English manual (see Dragon Knight Saga PC - any UK release info?).

Welcome to the forum. wave

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Raze

There is currently no retail DVD release in the US or UK, or any public information on possible plans for such in the near future. There were budget re-releases of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity, so that may eventually happen with DKS, as well.

In the US you can get DKS from gogamer.com. A couple people in the US and UK have mentioned ordering from play-asia.com (at least at the time they had the Australian PC version, so the manual was in English). I don't know of any place that carries the Canadian PC version of DKS which will ship outside the country.
Apparently you should be able to order from any European country (except Germany), since they include the English language version of the game, but not an English manual (see Dragon Knight Saga PC - any UK release info?).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Thank you for your help. I'm disappointed there are no plans for a retail release of DKS in the US, but I appreciate the options you have offered. Thank you!

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Do you want to see what it looks like on the inside?
Click here to view sample pages! smile

[Linked Image]

addict
addict
Originally Posted by lynn
Do you want to see what it looks like on the inside?
Click here to view sample pages! smile

[Linked Image]

That's one beautiful package!

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks Libertarian! smile

LAST DAYS to pre-order Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga for Xbox 360! Go grab this great offer and receive the bonuses!

Curious to try it out first? You’re in luck! The Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga U.S. DEMO is available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace! Have fun!

I know I have mine pre-ordered. You rarely see deals like this anymore.

Just played the demo last night and you can clearly see how much Ego Draconis was cleaned up. Most notably in the framerate department, which was much smoother. Looking forward to playing through it yet again and cannot wait to finally play Flames of Vengeance. Thank you again for such an amazing deal on a fantastic game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ironcreed
I know I have mine pre-ordered. You rarely see deals like this anymore.

Just played the demo last night and you can clearly see how much Ego Draconis was cleaned up. Most notably in the framerate department, which was much smoother. Looking forward to playing through it yet again and cannot wait to finally play Flames of Vengeance. Thank you again for such an amazing deal on a fantastic game.

Yeah, the framerate utterly amazed me. And the graphics look much cleaner, especially the player's character model. I also like how the inventory system was cleaned up and looks better, although it feels claustrophobic now, that the screen spcae given to the actual inventory is so small compared to ED.

The only problem I had with it was how close the camera keeps to the player character, and the fact you're confined to attacking in the direction you're facing, instead of the ability to turn during attacks, like ED had. Though if the general difficulty was tamed in DKS, I guess that would make up for it, but it's still a massive culture shock of sorts.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thank you, ironcreed, and enjoy your Divine Adventure! up

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
One day remains … release The Dragon Knight! up

apprentice
apprentice
I tried the new 360 demo yesterday and was impressed. The game seems to be much improved in the frame rate/tearing department compared to the old demo and after reading some reviews about the updates with DKS I decided to take the plunge and preorder.

I ran through the demo 3 times min-maxing my characters and trying different setups. I can't wait till the game arrives. I'm hoping the humor keeps up throughout the game, it's one of the charms that won me over.

Being able to duel wield swords, cast fireballs and summon an intimating looking pet at an early level sealed the deal smile

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
apprentice
apprentice
Yes the humor of the game will hold up till the end of FoV. Actually you should try all kinds of options and read the books as well. The books are hilarious and well hidden wink

Mine is getting ready to ship out for release day delivery from Amazon. groovy rpg001

apprentice
apprentice
@ironcreed Allow me to join you in dance cheer

I checked my account and saw:
This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.
headbanging

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
Support
Support

Mine is also being prepared for shipment from Amazon, but the shipping estimate isn't until Friday, to be delivered from the 21st to 28th. sad
Amazon.ca doesn't have release day delivery, and even if I upgraded to paid shipping, the estimate was still the 21st (free shipping usually comes close to the early end of the range, anyway).
I tried ordering from Gamestop online to pick up the game in the store, but you can not do that. To order the game in the store you need to go down to the store and leave a deposit. A deposit on special orders is understandable, because some people are stupid and order things they do not want, but I'm not going out of my way (even though it is not terribly far) to go to a store to leave a deposit on something they will be getting in anyway.

apprentice
apprentice
Sorry to hear Raze.

I can't trust my local game store will get it since they didn't even know what it was when I asked frown I may have considered working with them if it wasn't for the fact that US Amazon does release day for free and is also tax free(for now).

Support
Support

I bought D2:ED at Gamestop (with the pre-order equipment set) because they got it in stock sooner than Best Buy (Best Buy isn't an option for DKS, since they don't even have the PC version listed, which has been out in Canada for awhile). I thought about not pre-ordering, but didn't want to risk Gamestop not having the pre-order bonuses in the first batch of store stock (plus they are probably not going to have it in stock for a few days after the official release, anyway).

Oh, well. With D2:ED a few places in the US started selling the game a week early (on the official release date someone at Best Buy had to look up the game, and the store had only placed an order the day before), so waiting an extra week or two for shipping for DKS isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard