Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
I seem to remember that there was a way to wipe out all your mind reading debt at once early in the game. Can't remember how.

Support
Support

I don't recall anything early in the game. Your first visit to Sentinel Island can get rid of any debt, but that would mean saving a bunch of mindreads until after finishing Maxos temple (and preferably going up a level).
You can mindread the island in your first encounter to get enough experience to go up a level.

addict
addict
It should be noted that any points in Wisdom you have will give you EXP beyond what is needed for a level. What this means is that if you have points in Wisdom, the more mindreads you do before the Island mindread, the more bonus EXP you'll get.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

I don't recall anything early in the game. Your first visit to Sentinel Island can get rid of any debt, but that would mean saving a bunch of mindreads until after finishing Maxos temple (and preferably going up a level).
You can mindread the island in your first encounter to get enough experience to go up a level.

Thats what I was looking for, thanks. I don't have a problem with saving all the mindreads until then

veteran
veteran
By that time it will probably only be enough for one level, I don't think that's worth it.

AND there are many instances in broken valley and such where you need to mind-read people at exactly the right time to get the benefit - you can't go back later.

I do use a variation on that trick myself:

I finish Maxos Temple, then if I'm close to another level, I go to Orobas Fjords until I level up, and then I go to the island and Mind-read it for another free level.

Support
Support

I wouldn't delay quest related mindreads, or those that give stat or skill points, but if you reload for trivial mindreads or those that only give loot, you could go back for them after finishing Maxos temple and going up a level. Personally I think keeping track of that would be more effort than it is worth.

veteran
veteran
All this is just sooo awesome to this RPG: so awesome because you can Choose your Own Way to play this game !
Each person has his/her Own favorite style "flirting" with the Mindreading Skill, the Xp rewards by solving Quests or killing enemies, etc etc ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard