Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#441707 13/04/11 03:07 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
I have only been playing DKS for about 10 minutes and the graphics are vastly improved. The HUD is much easier to look at as well. not to mention the soundtrack is awesome.

apprentice
apprentice
i played till 10 after midnight last night and only barely got past the demo area content. I was really trying to be a completist in the early area. However I still have a few locked chests and areas to get into, and 2 unused keys so I'll have to figure that out another time.

The time I spend in the demo was well spent as my first real character has much better stats and items than the first few.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
stranger
stranger
I started playing around 5pm and stopped at about 7pm to eat. After I went back to play and didn't stop until 3:30am. lol I'm already at Maxos Temple. But I need to get out and level up some and get some more potions before the fight.

addict
addict
In total agreement. The shiny armor, more detailed environment textures, better lighting, etc.

DKS is the bee's knees.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
addict
addict
It's not like breasts n' beer for me yet, but it is starting to grow a bit.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

I
stranger
stranger
I
well to be fair, nothing is like breasts n' beer! lol

addict
OP Offline
addict
One thing I don't see is the jumpy graphics. and I have noticed different items, I know there are different items every time, but I have found 3 pieces of 3 different sets before I even got to talana.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by iBON3S
well to be fair, nothing is like butts n' beer! lol

Now I agree. wink

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Libertarian

Now I agree. wink

There seems to be an intentional typo in your quote, although I can see how that could evolve into the three Bs from the double Ds...

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by born2beagator
One thing I don't see is the jumpy graphics. and I have noticed different items, I know there are different items every time, but I have found 3 pieces of 3 different sets before I even got to talana.

yeah I noticed that too! I want the blood echelon set!
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO
Originally Posted by Libertarian

Now I agree. wink

There seems to be an intentional typo in your quote, although I can see how that could evolve into the three Bs from the double Ds...

LOL!

Last edited by iBON3S; 14/04/11 02:54 AM.
addict
addict
The wait is over! I was able to land a copy locally so I will find a new owner for the preorder that is set to arive next week. Amazingly the issues I had with camera and character movement in the demo are not a problem with the full game. I can only think it was just a glitch...

The camera automatically backs off the character when I am close enough and start combat. Also, the character will engage the flanking enemy automatically as long as there is no lock engaged on another one!

It's breast, butts and beer for me now..!!

apprentice
apprentice
Welcome to the club again bro!

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
Support
Support

Glad to hear the full game doesn't have those issues, though they were not a huge deal for me.

Raze #442430 21/04/11 02:02 PM
addict
addict
I was a bit down at the start, but I've made a full 360. The game doesn't just look better, but for the most part IS better. I just wanted to say thanks, for making it one of my favorite games of all time once again.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Blood echelon armor is awesome! Im having a difficult time deciding what armor im going to use next! Because if I lose my blood set my attack drops by 14 melee points...o well, I can just use plus 100 melee on both of my blades that have a higher attack rating.

F
stranger
stranger
F
net het spel beëindigd, awel larian, topniveau voor een fervent rpg-er als mij, zeer goed gedaan !!!!
absoluut klasse !!!!

just ended the game, congratz larian, realy a top game for a rpg-fanatic as me, well done !!! , wordclass !!!!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard