Print Thread
#441820 14/04/11 02:55 PM
A
anubis5 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi guys, do you think a patch would be possible for the Xbox 360 loading times? Going into a house or indoor area is fine, but as soon as you load to an outdoor area the game takes 40~45 seconds EVERY TIME. This happens even if I immediately turn around and exit. Its like the game is not saving the last area and has to reload everything all over again.

Please fix or improve this if possible, it would make the game experience better overall.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm playing the new DKS release that just got released here in the US.

Last edited by anubis5; 14/04/11 02:56 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm having the same problem but the load time is more like 2 minutes not 45 seconds. This is annoying, no offense at all. I love the game. I've seen quicker load times on Mass Effect 2.

I'm playing off the Hard Drive. I am using a 360 Slim and I am in the United States.

Last edited by Heather Li; 14/04/11 05:54 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
This is one of my main peeves with the game as well. With the exception of DDP DOJ:BLEX I don't think I've got a 360 game that has been patched to help the load times. In short we may be stuck.

I use the time to pet my dogs, but yes the loads are pretty long. I have yet to time them, but I am also playing off the HD so we know it's not the disc medium causing the problem.

I fell asleep often during the first ME load times(IE being on the elevator) and never beat the game. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that with this game.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
stranger
stranger
I've found another glitch. I go to the Battle Tower and have the musician play music. I've reloaded from a previous save while in the battle tower and now the musician will not play the previous set of music I had him playing before.

So for example I had him playing a up beat tune, I save the game and then turn it off. I come back a couple of hours later, load up the game and I select the same music from him again but the music fails to play period. It doesn't matter what type of music you choose, if you save in the Battle Tower then load up that save while the music is playing he cannot replay that music selection ever again. Leaving the tower and returning to it doesn't fix the issue either.

Also while in the log book in the main menu, It takes me several tries to get the cursor to move down the list of quests I have. I have to use the RB and LB buttons on my controller to go over to a different tab and then back to the quest tab before the cursor will move up and down the log book. When you get to the end of the log book you can't go back up to the top again, once more I have to use the RB and LB buttons to move over to another tab and back again to make the cursor move up.

Again using a 360 slim with the latest Dashboard update and playing off the HD.

Last edited by Heather Li; 15/04/11 02:45 AM.
Support
Support

That was a known issue some people encountered in D2:ED (reloading or, I think, leaving the throne room before a selected piece was finished playing would result in it being unavailable later).

I haven't started playing yet, so can't comment on the quest log (I didn't have any problems with D2:ED).

I think loading takes a long time because the game IS loading the entire exterior area. So its no wonder it takes like a minute or so to load. I just read forums and stuff on the web while I'm playing. In fact I'm waiting for it to load now.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard