Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#441751 13/04/11 05:45 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I picked this up about 2 hours ago, installed to my HDD, 360 of course, and started up the game and selected New Game Flames of Vengeance, it has been loading for 5 minutes and there was no update either. I finished Ego Draconis last year when it came out, have the full 1000g and all my saved games for it. This one is not finding the saves to load either, What's up? I thought we were going to be able to use our last game save to play Flames, according to the demo anyway. Did I just waste $40.00 on something I have to play over completely? NOT gonna happen. After giving kudos to the devs for this game, Ego Draconis, to have this happen is NOT cool.

Support
Support

Can you start a new D2:ED character, just to see if there are any problems loading?

With the PC release of FoV installed, existing D2:ED saves can be loaded and played, but Larian could not get just the add-on published for the Xbox.
There were too many changes in DKS to maintain save game compatibility (changes to loot, enemy placement, flying fortresses, etc).

Raze #441753 13/04/11 06:09 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yes I [/i]can[i] start a new game on ED. I was under the impression, from the demo, that I could use a previously saved game of ED, load it and finish it to the end, then start FoV, OR import the character I spent 70+ hours on and go that route. I finished ED in Jan of last year. So, I'm thinkin' I just blew $40 on nothin'. I've got waaaaaaay to many games I'm playing to play this one all over just to play FoV, guess I'll throw it on ebay and see if I can get most of my money back.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We apologize for the confusion.

DKS is seen as a new game because it's a separate disc and a new Title ID. If we would have been able to release FoV as a DLC, then you would have been able to continue.

And as Raze indicated, even if the Title ID would somehow be the same, DKS saves are not compatible with ED/FOV saves due to major changes.

Again, we are sorry if this was not clear.

The topic was discussed several times on the forum:
Example:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=421196&fpart=1

Also, you can still play Flames of Vengeance straightaway if you like, the game allows you to create a level 35 character from scratch and jump in directly. So you don't need to replay Ego Draconis if you don't want to, although I would still recommend it since the game has been largely improved.

Larian_QA #441925 15/04/11 01:10 PM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Say what?

I bought the Xbox version of "Divinity II - the Dragon Knight Saga" in January this year. It included both Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance. The manual states explicitly that I can start Flames of Vengeance "with a new or a previous character".

I kind of assumed that the alternative of starting with a previous character meant that I could play through Ego Draconis, and then just continue playing Flames of Vengeance with the same character, keeping my final level and equipment etc.

Have I assumed wrong?

Procrastes #441931 15/04/11 03:25 PM
Support
Support

You are correct. You can start a new character in DKS and play straight through to the end of the add-on, or you can start at the beginning of the FoV section with a new level 35 character.
However, saves from the original release of Ego Draconis are not compatible with that section of DKS, and can not be imported into the FoV section.

Raze #441934 15/04/11 03:58 PM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Well, that is a relief!

And it explains why my buddy Peter - who was the one that tipped me off about Divinity - made a point of showing me exacty which version of game I was supposed to buy.

Thanks!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard