Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#442043 17/04/11 12:46 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey I am nearing the end of my game I think (I am lvl 31) and I am planning to make another character when I beat it. I have a few questions though.

1.Can I keep playing after I finish all of the main quests?

2.Are rangers and mages fun? For the short time I played a ranger it seem kinda boring, just shoot, side step, shoot ,etc.

3.Is there anyway to tell time played on a file??? (Xbox 360 version btw)

XxGREENYxX #442047 17/04/11 03:10 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by XxGREENYxX
Hey I am nearing the end of my game I think (I am lvl 31) and I am planning to make another character when I beat it. I have a few questions though.

1.Can I keep playing after I finish all of the main quests?

2.Are rangers and mages fun? For the short time I played a ranger it seem kinda boring, just shoot, side step, shoot ,etc.

3.Is there anyway to tell time played on a file??? (Xbox 360 version btw)

1. No

2. I mix and match, I have magic blast, firewall, and summon demon for mage, sword and shield and dual wield for warrior, and explosive arrows for ranger. IMO it is more fun to create a hybrid.

3. Press start and look for "Logbook" it will have a record of your conversations, and next to what was said it will have the playtime.

veteran
veteran
Rangers and mages are fun. Rangers don't get to be really good until you get Splitting Arrow (level 10) and Explosive Arrow (level 15), though.

Mages are fun, but there are many possible builds for a mage.

Stabbey #442089 18/04/11 12:34 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Well thanks for the input guys! I was only worried that with a hybrid I might be too weak with my skills allocations split.

Edit: I just checked my logbook and it said 17:30. So I guess 17 hours. I don't see how that can be right because I know I have played much longer than that. I am level 32 in my game and I have done every quest I have come across. I also thought level 35 was the top so it seems like I am almost done with the game.

Last edited by XxGREENYxX; 18/04/11 12:56 PM.
XxGREENYxX #442260 19/04/11 08:33 AM
veteran
veteran
Start the X-pack? smile

XxGREENYxX #442265 19/04/11 08:46 AM
Support
Support

Did you start a conversation with someone and then check the log?

Level 35-36 was about the maximum level you could get to in D2:ED without using a couple places that can respawn opponents (the best location for leveling was Keara's headquarters, trying to open the inner door without solving the statue puzzle).

Raze #442326 20/04/11 12:21 AM
veteran
veteran
The time mentioned there is time spend in CONVERSATION MODE.

So 17 hours means 17 hours of talking. Who knows how many actual game hours you have...

Support
Support

In D2:ED that was the actual playtime (IIRC not counting the time the game was paused), aside from reloading, etc.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
The time mentioned there is time spend in CONVERSATION MODE.

So 17 hours means 17 hours of talking. Who knows how many actual game hours you have...

OMG then, wow. This is first RPG I have really played since KOTOR and I am having so much fun. This game really is great. Thanks for the responses guys.

Raze #442357 20/04/11 08:21 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze
In D2:ED that was the actual playtime (IIRC not counting the time the game was paused), aside from reloading, etc.

Not in DKS it seems. I don't really think I spend just 30 hours on it, and 18 on FoV...

Do remember it does reset to 00:00:00 once you start FoV but I doubt that's the issue here since I doubt anyone is level 32 at the end of FoV.

Raze #442414 21/04/11 07:54 AM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Raze
Level 35-36 was about the maximum level you could get to in D2:ED without using a couple places that can respawn opponents (the best location for leveling was Keara's headquarters, trying to open the inner door without solving the statue puzzle).

I tried to level in several respawn places in DKS, including Keara's headquarters, but they seemed to have fixed this loophole in the remastered game - after a certain number of respawns, you start getting 0 XP for each kill.

Trippy #442425 21/04/11 01:06 PM
veteran
veteran
This was also BEFORE the the patch!
Always it was: first times they give XP, after a few times 0 XP,
like also defeating Nest Towers: killling only the wyverns coming out the nest, after a time 0 XP for killing them.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard