Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#442558 22/04/11 07:30 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
wheres the best place to sell your stuff. im lucky if im getting 10% of the value of equipment

Support
Support

The sell value doesn't depend on your level or merchant's opinion of you (it should be the same for any merchant, as far as I have seen) so sell to whoever has the gold.

Raze #442566 22/04/11 08:03 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
even magical and rare equipment

addict
addict
It's pretty much the same across the board.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

veteran
veteran
Yup.
I expected merchants that "like" you give better pricing, but that only affect prices for buying. Selling is the same for everyone, everywhere.

Still, after the start I doubt you'll run out of money.

veteran
veteran
I found that money does get tight right after you get the Battle Tower - it costs a lot of money to outfit all your runners, and then you'll need to buy new gear for yourself as well, which is also expensive.

addict
addict
Yes, that can eat a lot of cash pretty quick. Although, if you have enough to fully upgrade your gem runner, with a little grinding you can rack up some cash. A stack of 50 diamonds net 9000.

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 23/04/11 02:38 AM.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO
Yes, that can eat a lot of cash pretty quick. Although, if you have enough to fully upgrade your gem runner, with a little grinding you can rack up some cash. A stack of 50 diamonds net 9000.

this. Easy way to get all the cash you will ever need

also before you sell an enchanted item, unenchant it. its the best way to get good enchantments. Example: Tonight I found an axe with a +100 magic damage on it. now that is one worth using a malachite for

addict
addict
Originally Posted by born2beagator
Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO

this. Easy way to get all the cash you will ever need

also before you sell an enchanted item, unenchant it. its the best way to get good enchantments. Example: Tonight I found an axe with a +100 magic damage on it. now that is one worth using a malachite for

ONLY disenchant an item if you don't have that enchantment in your list already. Disenchanting reduces the value of the item.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Lancet
ONLY disenchant an item if you don't have that enchantment in your list already. Disenchanting reduces the value of the item.

On the whole I couldn't be bothered to figure out the details so I just disenchanted everything before I sold them - then again I was never short of cash, and I really didn't want to spend hours micro-managing my inventory.

But that gives an interesting question - you can farm Tom, Dick and Harry for reagents and sell them for cash if you're broke. I wander if it would be better to use the reagents to create enchants, then sell the enchanted items? E.g. would an item with level 9 (non malachite gem) enchants increase in value more than the cost of the reagents it took to make the enchant? Especially if you have your enchant platform fully upgraded?

addict
addict
Honestly it's a lot faster to teleport in and out to farm for dia.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Trippy
Originally Posted by Lancet

On the whole I couldn't be bothered to figure out the details so I just disenchanted everything before I sold them - then again I was never short of cash, and I really didn't want to spend hours micro-managing my inventory.

But that gives an interesting question - you can farm Tom, Dick and Harry for reagents and sell them for cash if you're broke. I wander if it would be better to use the reagents to create enchants, then sell the enchanted items? E.g. would an item with level 9 (non malachite gem) enchants increase in value more than the cost of the reagents it took to make the enchant? Especially if you have your enchant platform fully upgraded?

It probably would, but it would raise the question of whether it is worth the extra effort and time vs. the extra gain.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm almost certain disenchanting weapons has no effect on value... So disenchant 'till your hearts content

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing" - Edmund Burke
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tinman21
I'm almost certain disenchanting weapons has no effect on value... So disenchant 'till your hearts content

this would be correct

addict
addict
It does make a dif.
Two hand Sword w/lvl 8 and lvl 7 enchants net 1232
w/lvl 1 and 1 enchants net 862
w/no enchants net 802

So it all depends if you feel its worth the time

veteran
veteran
I tested it out, and it does lower selling prices.

-430 gold for lvl 10 and 5 enchantment on a belt in my test.

Edit; 30 sec too slow laugh.

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 23/04/11 11:00 PM.
addict
addict
Whoops.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
so is it worth enchanting the crap out of all weapons before selling.

addict
addict
Before you get possession of the tower, I wouldn't worry about it due to a limited resource of materials. Unless you are strapped for cash and/or have an abundant amount of materials.

veteran
veteran
Well, from SENIOR CINCO and my numbers I guess around 30 GP per level of enchantment (although with level 15 total it was 28.3 :S, someone know the exact way this is deducted?).
Check if the ingredients you're about to use are that valuable, and you got the answer if it's worth it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard