Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#442654 23/04/11 01:39 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Is it my imagination or is there a distinct flavor of Monty Python throughout the game. Come on the Killer Bunny!!! That was from the search for the holy grail.

ghostmom #442673 23/04/11 09:26 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Yes there is certainly a monty python feel to the games humour. I was hoping for some holy hand grenades to take down the killer bunny...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Tinman21 #442722 24/04/11 08:22 AM
M
addict
addict
M
There is much more than "just" Monty Python flavor. Good luck finding everything smile

melianos #442776 24/04/11 07:43 PM
old hand
old hand
Heh. I still remember the bloody Power Rangers reference from the dragon killer squad or what's their name?

Demonic #442805 24/04/11 09:56 PM
veteran
veteran
Dragon Terror Patrol.

And I thought that was a Mortal Kombat reference, not Power Rangers...

addict
addict
No... It was PRs
Still,it was kinda funny. Expt, that's when my game locked up...

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 24/04/11 11:03 PM.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

journeyman
journeyman
Funny you say that, My game locked up after they reveal themselves aswell.... too much awesomeness...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Tinman21 #442832 25/04/11 01:57 PM
old hand
old hand

Demonic #442843 25/04/11 05:46 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demonic

I thought they looked dif from the ED version. This time they used the same skin for all the male NPCs.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
the meaning of life the universe and everything

personally that should have had a page # on the book image of 42

melianos #443242 29/04/11 06:32 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I agree that there is more than a Monty Python feel but I am A real fan of MP and I thought it was awesome that they would use a killer bunny.

Tinman21 #443243 29/04/11 06:34 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
If you want some Holy Hand Grenades you'll have to play Fallout: New Vegas. I had a laugh the day I found then in Fallout. I had just put in Fallout after Killing the Killer Bunny in Divinity and about ten minutes in I got the Holy Hand grenades

ghostmom #443468 02/05/11 10:00 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
don't forget "Brave Sir Robin" on the second floor of the pub and the barkeep's name is Tim, which i like to think is a reference to the fire shooting mage in the holy grail.

old hand
old hand
Jackal and Clyde. There's a quest where you meet someone with multiple personality disorder in Broken Valley, one is called Jackal and the other is called Clyde and you get to choose which one to kill by having a potion brewed for the one you wish to destroy which will leave the other the sole occupier of the body. When you ask how they got into this situation, they mention they found a note afterward with the last words being "two have become one", the before parts of the notes rhyme. It's obvious Bellegar - the rhyming wizard is responsible for this. He's responsible for many stuff going on in Broken Valley.

Oh and skeletons in the closet. Where farmer Jackson killed a man called Booth because he slept with his wife - in a cave nearby the farm, you can find a closet with a skeleton in and underneath is a note about how the farmer dug him up while he was drunk to dress him in his wife's clothes but when he realized what he was doing - probably put him in the closet. The quest about the murder is activated if you read the farmer's diary. It's funny to note that the quest is called "skeletons in the closet" and Booth's skeleton can actually be found in a closet.

There's more - many quests and their characters often intervene with other events in the game.

As for the killer bunny - Brave Sir Robin mentions killing 19 rabbits in his book but with no killer bunny showing up. The later pages of his book mention how he killed around 59 undead - which was his brother in law who was being brought back to life every time Robin killed him by none other than Bellegar.

You may also find sleeping travelers during your travel through Broken Valley. Read their thoughts and listen at the items they mention. Finding these items will wake them for their sleep where they will mention a rhyming wizard put them to sleep. Once again - Bellegar's doing. He's pretty much the running gag of the game and many troubles are down to him.

Demonic #443475 02/05/11 11:01 PM
veteran
veteran
There are many mentions of the killer rabbit. That book, one on the table of the guards in the Fjords... and several more I can't recall right now.

Demonic #443476 02/05/11 11:01 PM
Support
Support

Jackal and Clyde (collectively called Eugene), who you tell to be careful when you first speak to them, are a reference to a Pink Floyd song ('Careful with that axe Eugene' on the Ummagumma album).

Demonic #443490 03/05/11 02:35 AM
addict
addict
Brave Sir robin is a Monty Python reference too.
Only he wasn't so brave in Python

G
stranger
stranger
G
I got the Terminator reference when my character was resurrected in Alreoth (the background music)mehehe. smile

Also, I lol'ed at the comment the dragon spirit said after I brought back Sveldfari's head to the general. "You have an unusual way of giving head" *snickers*. How did you ever get that past the publisher smile

Flow Flow Flow!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard