Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
A
veteran
veteran
A
Then you probably won't like "SIMs Medieval" at all ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Fable 2 - Game killing bugs. Crappy NPC AI. No sense of achievement. Poor quests and poor quest system. Very easy combat and rubbish spell system.
*I didn't get Fable 3 after this mess since it looks exactly the same and reviews even mention how everything is handled the same.*

Oblivion - Terrible combat system. Empty world. Caves were copied and pasted and while a few copy and pasted things can be forgiven, this cannot since 200 caves were pretty much all copied and pasted. NPCs were boring, had terrible AI and their voices became repetitive which made them even more annoying. No secrets to be discovered, every treasure piece always was part of some quest. You wouldn't just be exploring some random cave to find a legendary item. Story was too short and boring.

The Witcher - Terrible combat system. Stupid NPC AI. Uninteresting NPC dialigue. Poor main character, poor skill tree system and terrible story. Some dialogue also seemed broken at times. When I played through, I kept stopping and going to play something else before eventually coming back to finish the game. That's how bad it was for me.

NWN2 - Poor sequel to a great game. The camera is a mess. Even patches haven't fixed it. Annoying companions, annoying NPCs, boring quests and stupid animations.

Fallout 3 - By far the worst. The story was so boring, uninspiring and common that I didn't even feel obliged to continue with it. Side quests weren't really interesting and the world was just empty and there was nothing to explore. All underground areas that were explorable were just copy and pasted areas of the same sub way station. Combat was terrible and bullets seemed to fly left and right and never straight even if you stood in the same spot and fired in short bursts. Terrible game and just like Oblivion - it used the enemy level scaling system.

addict
addict
Fable 3
If you ask why I didn't like it. It would be shorter to explain what I did like about it..nothing.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demonic
Oblivion - Terrible combat system. Empty world. Caves were copied and pasted and while a few copy and pasted things can be forgiven, this cannot since 200 caves were pretty much all copied and pasted. NPCs were boring, had terrible AI and their voices became repetitive which made them even more annoying. No secrets to be discovered, every treasure piece always was part of some quest. You wouldn't just be exploring some random cave to find a legendary item. Story was too short and boring.

I don't like you now laugh

A
veteran
veteran
A
Dungeon Siege 1. It was a RELIEF when I was finished.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Dungeon Siege 1. It was a RELIEF when I was finished.

If these games are so bad, one must wonder, why play them through to the end?

A
veteran
veteran
A
The story, of course.
I'm a very story-driven player.
Of course I want to find out how it ends.

--Dilbert cartoon

addict
addict
One Life To Live, Days Of Our Lives, Ryan's hope and General Hospital

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

addict
addict
The story, of course.
I'm a very story-driven player.
Of course I want to find out how it ends.

I am the same way. But there are games (dragon age 2) which are just so bad that the story isn't enough

veteran
veteran
There's a story in Dungeon Siege 1? I finished it a couple times and I never noticed! laugh

Please click the banner...
A
veteran
veteran
A
Okay, it was as thin as water with a few taste molecules in it ... delight

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
I think we can agree on that one, yeah! laugh

Please click the banner...
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Among the recent RPG-s Arcania: Gothic 4 without any doubt. The first two were brilliant, the third is okay after the community patch. Even Forsaken gods is passable with the community patch.

S
S
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
~boring, monotonous, predictable...
Blue Dragon
~pretty much the same as DQ8
Final Fantasy X
~horrible characters, bad story, some really annoying boss fights...
Infinite Undiscovery
~tentimes worse than FFX...

stranger
stranger
Two Worlds

old hand
old hand
I actually enjoyed Two Worlds and am currently playing the sequel with which I am impressed greatly with. The cities are the biggest cities you'll ever find in an RPG and are brimming with life more so than The Witcher (which was an average game to me), the combat system is great and the crafting has great depth and you can basically go to town on creating a weapon and upgrading it non-stop. There are also many choices in quests. There are flaws but the good stuff covers them. There's a great amount of detail everywhere and is a very beautiful game compared to the first and even to current games. Put frankly, it looks more smoother graphically than Skyrim and that's really saying something considering TW2 was developed on a lower budget.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Recently: 'Fable 3'. They threw away almost every good part of an RPG (inventory, character customisation, a story line that made sense) so they could focus on playing dressups, and have 'human interactions' that mainly involved burping at people. For a supposedly 'adult' game it's probably the most chidish thing I've ever played.

And I'll also add my vote for 'Arcania: Gotic 4'.

KOTOR 2 was also pretty awful, especially when they forgot to give it an ending. Which was a shame, because the original KOTOR was awesome.

veteran
veteran
Fable II : I find it not my cup of tea, so I never buy Fable III !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
veteran
veteran
A
Most PC players don't even know Fable II ... grin

--Dilbert cartoon

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Most PC players don't even know Fable II ...

That's why my first exposure to Fable was Fable 3. Fable 2 might have been OK, but I couldn't play it...

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard