Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ragnew Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hit another strange hitch, this time around it's the Zeppelin Quest "On the Road Again" in the Orobas Fjords. So Upon first arriving in the Fjords, I went through all the Wyverns nests and picked up all the pieces of the destroyed Zeppelins. Upon talking to the Zeppelin master in the main fort, it seems that there's no way to complete the quest. Every time I go back to the Zeppelin Master, he asks me for more components. Alas, no other parts will respawn in the wyverns nests, and this also includes Ragon's key that "should" spawn in a nearby nest after mind reading him.

Any ideas as to how to fix this? Anyone else having this issue?

Support
Support

On the fjords map the rough locations for the 9 zeppelin parts (3 of each type) are marked with an S (they are all in or near nests, other than the one in the treehouse). Alternately, from the D2:ED walkthrough (the locations are the same in DKS),
-Crystal 1: on the tiny island just south of the entrance to the fjords; climb
up the ladder and retrieve it from on top of Yggdrasil

-Crystal 2: on a low cliff east of Camp Sentinel View, across the water from
Camp David

-Crystal 3: on a cliff in the middle of the bend just before the entrance to
Rivertown Gorge [EDIT on the same ledge as a boarded-up cave door]

-Rudder 1: a short ways east of the Camp Freedom teleporter

-Rudder 2: halfway between the Imps' Lair and Camp David

-Rudder 3: on a low southwest cliff near the exit to Rivertown Gorge

-Compass 1: on the cliff directly opposite Rudder 1

-Compass 2: high up above Moor's shack, just northeast of the entrance to
Keara's Flying Fortress

-Compass 3: on a cliff just before the bend on the way to Rivertown Gorge

ragnew Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

On the fjords map the rough locations for the 9 zeppelin parts (3 of each type) are marked with an S (they are all in or near nests, other than the one in the treehouse). Alternately, from the D2:ED walkthrough (the locations are the same in DKS),
-Crystal 1: on the tiny island just south of the entrance to the fjords; climb
up the ladder and retrieve it from on top of Yggdrasil

-Crystal 2: on a low cliff east of Camp Sentinel View, across the water from
Camp David

-Crystal 3: on a cliff in the middle of the bend just before the entrance to
Rivertown Gorge [EDIT on the same ledge as a boarded-up cave door]

-Rudder 1: a short ways east of the Camp Freedom teleporter

-Rudder 2: halfway between the Imps' Lair and Camp David

-Rudder 3: on a low southwest cliff near the exit to Rivertown Gorge

-Compass 1: on the cliff directly opposite Rudder 1

-Compass 2: high up above Moor's shack, just northeast of the entrance to
Keara's Flying Fortress

-Compass 3: on a cliff just before the bend on the way to Rivertown Gorge
Hi Raze, thanks for the information man. Sadly, I've already found all 9 parts of the Zeppelin, but the quest is still not being listed as completed. I actually had this same thing happen on my last playthrough, but the other pieces that were missing showed up again after I completed the "Stood Up" quest that kind of goes hand in hand with it. The last four pieces and Ragon's key showed up just after the stranded miner made his way back to the Camp Harbor.

Not happening this time though darn it. Thanks again though!

Support
Support

Have you been to Aleroth? Other than talking to Crabbie after getting him picked up, I'm not sure what else could get Page to recognize all the pieces...

Try emailing support@larian.com. If you are so inclined, see Lar's post here on how to send them an Xbox save. They should be able to replace and missing pieces, and it might help them figure out the cause of the problem.

ragnew Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh my Lord, nevermind hahaha. It was my stupidity that was causing this problem all around! I had simply miscounted the parts that I had already picked up. I found Ragon's key and the last Zeppelin piece tucked away nicely together, inside a wyvern's nest that I ALWAYS miss!

No bug here!

Support
Support

Glad you got it, and thanks for the feedback. rpg003

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I think I might have had this issue. I am using the PC version. Anyone else have this happen on the computer version?

If life was fair, horses would ride half the time.

In soviet Rivellon, fire breathes dragon!
Support
Support

I think most or all of the cases of missing parts were parts that were overlooked, rather than actually not there. Reposting my reply to your other topic:

There is a Youtube video of someone going through and getting all the zeppelin parts in D2:ED (locations are the same in DKS/D2:DC). Check that out and see if you missed any.

If the last piece really is missing, or you don't want to bother checking, in the Developer's Cut release of the game, if you load your save in the Developer Mode version, open the cheat window (F11), about 1/10 of the way down the 'give' item list is:

QI_Zeppelin_Compass
QI_Zeppelin_Rudder
QI_Zeppelin_Stabalizer_Crystal

Give yourself one or more of each, head to the harbour and complete the quest (any extra will be removed from your inventory).

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I feel silly now. It was the rudder closest to the rivertown gorge exit to Kali's flying fortress. Thanks for directing me to that video.

If life was fair, horses would ride half the time.

In soviet Rivellon, fire breathes dragon!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard