Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#443310 01/05/11 04:25 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
and it looks like if you finish ED, the cutscene at the end of ED goes right into FOV...and I still have my items! So it looks like the saves do transfer, all the servants you picked on sentenil Island are still there too

Last edited by born2beagator; 01/05/11 04:33 AM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Yes, it's completely seamless - in fact I understand FoV was supposed to be part of the original game, but the publishers didn't give them time to finish it (hence its initial release as an expansion pack).

But the original ED+FoV is not compatible with the remastered DKS - if you bought DKS hoping to continue from an original ED game, you're out of luck, and you'll have to either start a new FoV character or start from scratch and replay the remastered ED component of DKS.

EDIT: I realise from the previous topic that I might have confused you about the issue. There are two version of 'ED + Fov' - the original, and the DKS (remastered). Both versions allow you to continue your game without interruption, but the two versions aren't compatable. So you'll only have problems if you try mixing save-games from the 'original' ED/FoV with the 'remastered' DKS version.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea...

Trippy #443358 01/05/11 05:24 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Oh yeah, the way you came across was that the remastered DKS had ED and FoV as 2 separate games where you had to start a new character. No biggie though. I wanted to play the remastered ED fist anyways

veteran
veteran
Cool, eh?

Do keep in mind Dragon equipment. A lot of people mention it got "lost", but for me (DKS) it didn't. Maybe another difference between ED+FoV and DKS???

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Cool, eh?

Do keep in mind Dragon equipment. A lot of people mention it got "lost", but for me (DKS) it didn't. Maybe another difference between ED+FoV and DKS???

You have to remove all the armor before entering Ygerna's memory, then it will still be there. Whatever armor the dragon was wearing is lost though

veteran
veteran
Like I said... I didn't do that.
And it wasn't.

Was added in FoV the instant I became a dragon, and re-equipped it all.

addict
OP Offline
addict
huh, the first time I noticed that the armor that I was wearing in ED wasn't in my inventory, the armor that wasn't equipped was.

veteran
veteran
Hmmm, so you're saying once that section starts, you get Dragon items from your chest if any are present there?

addict
OP Offline
addict
If they were there or in your inventory yes. But the ones that were on my dragon when I entered the memory were not in my inventory. I am guessing that they will appear on my dragon when I take its form

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard