Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rendual Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
So just before entering the platform jumping hall of the ghost that died looking for "the flower that doesn't exist" there is a pedestal. Reading it gives "Sometimes the only way forwards... Is Backwards" So I proceeded to walk around the whole dungeon and into walls backwards but to no avail. What on earth does it mean!
Also does anyone know where "Flora" is? She wants her pearl necklace back but I can't find her anywhere any more.

apprentice
apprentice
Flora is one of the guards sitting at the bar in Phoenix Inn smile

V
stranger
stranger
V
the backward thing refers to: after you go up 1st ladder and jump to the 2 different levers you have to go 'back' down to get to the ladder that you lowered.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
that seems kind of simple to have a pedestal for i mean anyone would have realized that after seeing the cutscene of the ladder going down to the ground

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Actually, this referred to a tricky jump you had to make when you near the platform with the flower. Originally you had to climb to the middle of a ladder, then press jump, which would make the player back-flip unto the right platform. Because this was actually very hard to figure out – you never had to do anything like that before and the camera doesn't really show when to jump – we decided to put this rather cryptic sign there. Turns out though that a platform was moved a bit when the dungeon was decorated by the artists, so now you can also get there using a regular jump and I don't think anyone ever used the back-flip variant at all.

Hence the mystery of the sign. smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
S
S
i thought the "only way to move forwards... is to go backwards" meant that to get through the corridor to talk to to the ghost, you have you walk through the corridor backwards...

made sense to me- as the sign was right before the corridor- which could have been booby-trapped. if the sign was in the room it would have befuddled the heck outta me.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same as Sigs Minock... I walked through the corridor 3 times back-words to try and figure this out. Every time there has been a book it always dealt with levers or unlocking something secret my mind reading. Honestly this tip made more confusion for me than helped.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Actually, this referred to a tricky jump you had to make when you near the platform with the flower. Originally you had to climb to the middle of a ladder, then press jump, which would make the player back-flip unto the right platform. Because this was actually very hard to figure out – you never had to do anything like that before and the camera doesn't really show when to jump – we decided to put this rather cryptic sign there. Turns out though that a platform was moved a bit when the dungeon was decorated by the artists, so now you can also get there using a regular jump and I don't think anyone ever used the back-flip variant at all.

Hence the mystery of the sign. smile

This is actually how I did it. I did the jump backwards on the ladder to get to the flower. I was so surprised when I was able to do that. It would have been to cool though to see that implemented in other parts of the game. Unless it already is (I am almost done with the game but not quite)

Last edited by XxGREENYxX; 22/05/11 03:41 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard