Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Amuze Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I bought Divinity II today on the 18th of april 2011. After installation i try to run the game and get prompted with this error;

"PhysXLoader.dll Missing from computer, re-installation may help"

Now i have been searching the internet for 4 hours looking for a solution to the problem and none have helped. I do indeed have the file PhysXloader.dll in my Nvidia folder. I have a very new PC capable of running every modern game.

I have tried running the PhysX driver installer in the Divinity II DVD although Nvidia interupts the process and automatically aborts saying i have a Newer version currently installed on my PC. I have also un-installed and reinstalled everything else in the Support folder of the DVD. Also note i have tried to install new Physx drivers straight off the Nvidia website but still tells me i have a newer version installed.

I have tried reinstalling the entire game twice to no avail. I have turned my PhysX to "CPU" mode in my nvidia control panel which appears to do nothing. And of course restarting my computer does not help either.

-----

I have seen people who have dled the game off stream have a the same problem and by the looks of things they have solved it by installing the PhysX software out of their steam folder that comes with the game (worked for some but not for all)

Surely this problem is widespread enough for there to already be a working solution/fix (or just a reason for the error) and if at all possible i would greatly appreciate some help.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Sounds like you've tried pretty much everything I'd recommend (including reinstalling dependancies from the Steam folder)...

The only thing I can think of is that you should uninstall all PhysX (and possibly other NVidia drivers) from the windows control panel - then try reinstalling the latest versions from the NVidia website.

My guess is something was corrupted in your last NVidia install. I'm running a complex NVidia system (3 cards, 2*SLI + an older third card for PhysX) and i've never had issues with DKS. You might try reinstalling other files in the support folder (the Visual C++ redistibutables have caused some issues in the past).

Anyway, best of luck, and welcome to the forums! I'm sure someone else can offer more help than I have.

A
Amuze Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks, i hoped i didn't have to uninstall my current nvidia drivers but i will give it a go. And i have reinstalled/repaired the VisualC++ files, did nothing =[

R
stranger
stranger
R
I am having the same problem, did you find a sulution

ava Offline
I assume you have the latest NVidia drivers for your graphics card, if not that's definitely worth trying.

In the 'bin' folder of the game there is a file called 'PhysXLoader.dll'. Is this correct? If so, try renaming it to 'PhysXLoader.bak'. Not sure it will help, but worth a shot.

The folder I'm talking about can be found at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity ii - dragon knight saga\bin

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
enthusiast
enthusiast
The person who started this topic was able to fix the problem by first uninstalling Nvidia Physx via the control panel > programs.

Then reinstalling the latest nvidia physx from http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/physx-9.10.0513-driver-uk.html

R
stranger
stranger
R
Did not work

R
stranger
stranger
R
great thx 4 the help

veteran
veteran
So, it does work or not?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Unable to execute file:
D:/support/larian/phys/reginstaller.exe

Create process failed; code 14001
Application failed to start because the application configuraton is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Ok, So i downloaded some of the microsoft hotfixes and c++ fixes other people mentioned, + the nvidia phys updaten the (which didnt work because the software i have is newer than the update) and still this, tried reinstalling reboot windows etc. Any ideas? (keep in mind im not super techi when it comes to this kinda stuff) thanks
Just bought the game June 5 2011

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Borys
Unable to execute file:
D:/support/larian/phys/reginstaller.exe

Create process failed; code 14001
Application failed to start because the application configuraton is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

This has happened before, and is definitely due to a problem with the C++ redist (14001 is a VC++ error code):

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=26884&Number=433399#Post433399

But you must reinstall the right version - different games use different versions, and even though they're shared you'll have multiple versions installed on your system.

So you should reinstall from the installer supplied with DKS. If you have a downloaded/digital version, it should be in your DKS application folder under 'Support\VCRedist' - note that if you have the Steam version, your application folder is under your Steam folder (Steamapps\common). If you have a disk version, it should be somewhere on the disk, probably on the root folder or similar.

Anyway, a full reinstall of all included redist files should work (it did before).

Good luck!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Check this physxloader dll not found article for help...

N
stranger
stranger
N
how to fix "Couldn't initialize nVidia PhysX. Make sure you have installed the lasest nVidia PhysX software (which can be downloaded at http://www.nvidia.com)" on your PC
1. download PhysX-9.12.0613-SystemSoftware pada nvidia.com
2. install it
3. for 32 bit : open C:\program files\NVIDIA Corporation\physx\common
and copy all files to C:\windows\system32
for 64 bit : open C:\program files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\physx\common
and copy all files to C:\windows\system32 and C:\windows\sysWOW64

then try again to open divinity 2 and enjoy it
i hope it work

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard