Print Thread
#445101 30/05/11 02:59 PM
C
Catty Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I found the hatch to the imp lair, where one can find arthur gremory, now when i finish talking to him the game suddenly shows the load screen, and keeps on loading. The hints change, but it never fully loads.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

Support
Support

A couple people have run into a glitch there. If you skip through the conversation and end it before it ends on its own, the cutscene with Arthur running away should proceed normally.

Welcome to the forum. wave

C
Catty Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
It worked laugh thank you so much.

Thanks smile

veteran
veteran
Had the same.

From what I gather that's when he doesn't run away properly, for reasons Raze stated.

S
S
happened in my first game. must be a little bug they overlooked.

veteran
veteran
Heh, didn't even find said cave in my first game frown.

S
S
the little dungeon hatch is kinda hard to see as a dragon, zipping through the Fjords... i only landed on the ledge because i saw the goblin hut.

stranger
stranger
I may have got caught up in the game too much, but I'm still wondering. I've made it to the Battle Tower (It's mine now ^_^) and I see people saying they can use Dragon form to get to Arthur Gremory. But I still keep thinking, how in the world do I get back to the chest to open it. Isn't it located in the "bad" zone. (Used "bad" so I wouldn't spoil anything.)

Support
Support

The chest is in the fjords. You can return to Broken Valley (might want to level a bit first), though it doesn't quite look like it used to.

BTW, I waited until I was done pretty much everything before heading to the Hall of Echoes (level 37) to open the Germory chest thinking that would help get better equipment (results in the spoiler below), but trying again with a level 25 save the contents in a couple reloads were pretty comparable.

In the Gremory treasure chest I got 3 divine charms and a couple pieces of equipment I couldn't use. On the second try I got an epic bracelet (+3 Poison Arrow, +8 Dexterity, +9 Ranged Damage) with 3 charm slots and 3 enchantment slots. I use splitting arrows (which is on my current bracelet) more than poison arrows, so except for the extra enchantment slot this wouldn't be a great upgrade. The forth try gave epic earrings (+3 Ranger Strength, +7 Dexterity, +7 Ranged Damage), also with 3 charm slots and 3 enchantment slots. Another 4 or 5 tries (while I was doing something else) gave two epic pieces of jewellery: earrings (+3 Splitting Arrows, +8 Dexterity, +5 Heightened Reflexes, 3 charm slots, 2 enchantment slots), a good upgrade for my current legendary earrings (+2 Poison Arrows, +8 Dexterity) and a bracelet (+3 Explosive Arrows, +8 Dexterity, +7 Ranged Damage, 3 charm slots, 3 Enchantment slots), an upgrade for my current one (+3 Splitting Arrows, +10 Dex, +6 HR).

stranger
stranger
Thanks Raze, I won't click the spoiler just yet. Appreciate the heads up on quality too hehe

veteran
veteran
Hi Raze,

3 Divine charms in Gremory's chest
?

Not by me, but I'm always happy with what I get in a chest wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

I'm not. If I have to mindread 3 people throughout the first half of the game and find the chest in the fjords, it darn well better give me something I can use.
evil

For regular chests whatever I get is fine; any special or high level chests I'd try a couple reloads for.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
You pay a lot of xp (three times 3600 base or so?) for it - but I never used the contents of the chest. It's a "nice" chest but far from awesome. Putting a lot of gold into it instead of stuff you probably do not want could make it more useful.

The truth is: If you are in the fjords, you start to collect armour-sets (the class sets or Ulthring's) and already have a "the best weapon you could find". So armour is useless to you at this point.
You probably also are very set with other items (rings, bracelets, ...) if you are not forced into specific ones coming with your set.
That leaves charms but those are also found plentiful enough in the game. Ingredients for potions and enchantments are an idea but you often don't find that many anyway in the chest - and if you find some it might not be the ones you need.

Finding some 5.000 gold + some fluff (maybe a malachite gem) in the chest would actually be something useful and worth the three high-xp mindreads.

veteran
veteran
There is a malachite gem in the chest (well, DKS at least)...

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard