Next Thread
Print Thread
S
S4m1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi! I have stopped playing this twice when i arrive at flying fortress at near the end because game had got so frustratingly hard. Can anyone tell me how's the casual compared to normal? I hope it isn't so easy that i don't even have to heal myself.

Reason for i'm asking this is that i don't have game installed right now so i can't try it out myself and even if i did i wouldn't have end game save lol.

veteran
veteran
I'm almost sure the difference between "normal" and "casual" isn't that big !
I even find that the diffenrece between nightmare and casual isn't big enough ...

And if you've problems with the Flying Fortresses (dragon combat or the human combat?), ask on this forum for help and I'm 100 % sure at least 2 or 3 people wish to help you giving hints and tips how to beat the enemies !

Can you remember which kind of enemies give you the most trouble ? (Rangers, Warriors, Necromancers, Mages, Healers, ... , Flying Demon's, Balista's, Lightning Towers, Nests, ...? )

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
S4m1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Melee groups was torture for me coz they spammed rush attack and whirlwind 2-4 times each in row which almost killed my char and my sanity lol. I think i made this game too hard for myself because i played PURE melee which forced me to run into crowds.

Some random encounters were terribly hard. In orobas fjords after meeting dragon in the waterfall damien brings some strong warriors in which allways mopped floor with me even though enemies in the waterfall cave were easy. Probably hardest human part for me weer besides flying fortresses was those ¨ex slayers¨ at the ruins where people worshipped dragon knights.

I do like the game A LOT if i didn't i wouldn't have started it TWICE. Both times i did every quests and tried to make my armours weapons as strong as possible but still there were frustratingly hard parts. Everything in this game is suberb execpt difficulty. I find this game better than most AAA titles.

I'm quite stubborn in swapping difficulty in middle of the game because this is rpg and i believe it kinda ruins feel of character progression to swap it to easy-nighmare all the time.

veteran
veteran
Yes, I also don't like it to swap my difficulty all the time playing a RPG ! wink
Almost always when I start a brand new game I never played before I start on the most easy difficulty and play a few levels ... after that I first try a level higher in difficulty to experience if it is still fun to play ... not too easy or too difficult ... but if I'm not sure, I play further on without changing the difficulty!

I never played a "pure class" (warrior/ranger/mage/priest/ ...)type, but always just take the skills I like most from each class ... smile

I like the melee combat, but most of the time I'm too slow to survive the melee battles with only warrior skills. So I invest in skills to make faster work of melee fighters (for example using Firewall, Stun Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Curse, Blind or Fear or Summon Ghost (he can heal me and use Fireball). So I've always a Bow with me, always, from the start of the game to the end of the game.

If you wish to be a stronger hero, try this :
search always for the best weapons (melee or ranged) that doing "Magical Damage" (and try to find the highest Enchantment "Increased Magical Damage" via buying a Formula for it or via first Disenchant a weapon by an enchanter .
PLUS :
invest your statpoints mostly in Intelligence (and Vitality also at the beginning to survive longer).
Intelligence have 3 pro's (only speaking of "Damage"!):
1) it makes your magical melee weapon stronger
2) it makes your magical ranged weapon stronger
3) it makes all your magical spells stronger !

With only Strength your ranged damage remains the same and the same with Dexerity that only strengthen your ranged damage values, speaking off the "Damage" only here,
because putting points in Strength is also good for your HP regeneration and your Melee Armour Rating (protection/resistance).
Intelligence increased also your Mana regeneration.

But a bow is also good to pull 1 enemy out of a group of enemies and kill them one by one if you can't survive the whole group!

wave Good Luck when giving this great game a third try wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
S4m1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I think this game isn't meant to be played as ¨pure¨ anything. I guess i'll stick for casual (make it sound like 1 hit fest and cakewalk) for to even finish the game. I heard the expansion has better difficulty balance?

I just got the game dowloaded (bought from steam) and i immediatly tried casual and they do me damage but its seems to be almost halved lol. Well easy is better than hard for me.

If they decide to make divinity 3 or second expansion i'll buy it in heartbeat.

Support
Support

I've been playing as a pure ranger, and have not run into too many difficult spots as a human (nothing a different approach couldn't help with, anyway). Early in the game I used a little unarmed melee combat as a backup, but that tapered off as I adjusted my playstle (I usually play a warrior), and I eventually re-assigned that button function as Splitting Arrows.
Rangers and mages have close and long range attacks; pure warriors are a little more difficult (in D2:ED I played a duel wielding strength based warrior, and sometimes used a bow at the beginning of the game; mid to late game it only got used to break crates, etc).

There were balancing changes made in DKS; I'm not sure if FoV makes any such changes in D2:ED (it doesn't change quest rewards or enemy placement, etc). In any case, Steam doesn't carry FoV; they decided instead to offer a discount on DKS to anyone who bought D2:ED through them.

Larian has another couple projects started (scheduled for release next year). See Lar's post here for the first details, and there were some earlier comments in the older topic Status update. The latest news is in the more recent Status update and Status update (long overdue) topics. The most recent Status update - June 9th 2011 topic doesn't really contain any game details; it's more behind the scenes stuff.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
Thx for posting the most recent updates Raze!

Now I kinda know what's going on with D & E. jawdrop

(especially project E :D)

old hand
old hand
I played as a pure warrior and OWNED everyone who got in my way. Remember to charm your equipment so that you get bonus health, strength, protection and armor. Divinity II isn't just about upgrading your character, upgrading weapons, armor, amulets and rings help as well.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard