Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
So I've been amassing a stockpile of ultimate potions, and noticed something: my runner's success rate bringing back Fanny Blossom (only one needed per potion with Lv5 Master Herbalist) is REALLY LOW. We're talking 50-70% chance of failure low.

ANY other item (all gems and ore, and other herbs) have a decent success rate, usually 80% or even closer to 90% (or more). I can usually send them out 3+ times before they get injured once. But for Fanny Blossom, I can't remember the last time I had two successes in a row. Most of the time I get one, then he fails, then another success, then he fails, repeat ad nauseum. Sometimes if I'm really unlucky, he'll fail several times in a row.

I don't remember this happening in ED, so I'm wondering if the Fanny Blossom success rate was heavily reduced in DKS. All of my runners are fully equipped, too, so that's not the problem.

journeyman
journeyman
I have yet to send my runners out for Fanny Blossom's, so I can't confirm if it's just you or the difficulty for finding them has indeed been raised. I usually have enough of them to make my own batch as soon as I get there though. There's about 20 before Battle Tower. I'm starting Maxos Temple on my newest char, so as soon as I get the Battle Tower, if you haven't already got an answer, I will test this also. ^^;

Support
Support

Before the Hall of Echoes I sent the herb runner out for Fanny Blossom. He seemed to get hurt a little more than normal (or at least it annoyed me more than when I wasn't trying to build up a stack of potions), but nowhere near as much as what you saw.
I had level 3 Master Herbalist from a jewellery bonus, so was mostly sending him out for Fanny Blossom, but did have him get Earth Root for rejuvenation potions, as well (ginseng was also required, but I had plenty already).

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I switched to Dragon Nail instead (I'm trying to build up a stock of potions for sale in FoV, since due to losing the shrine, it'll be much more time-consuming to send the runners out there). I can quite easily get 5+ batches of Dragon Nail without him getting hurt, compared to the (apparently) guaranteed chance of getting hurt every other Fanny Blossom. It's only a loss of 60 gold per potion (226 for Major, vs. 286 for Ultimate), but it's so much easier to get.

Support
Support

Wouldn't it be faster to use the dragon stone to enter and exit the battle tower, rather than using the teleporter? Going up and down the elevator in the throne room would be at least as much of a delay as the 5 second cooldown on using the dragon stone again after leaving the battle tower.

Loading times may also be faster returning to a small cave or house in Aleroth rather than an area large enough to have a teleporter shrine. On my Xbox, it takes 12 seconds to enter the throne room; leaving the battle tower, it takes about 28 seconds to return outside on Sentinel Island, but only 10 seconds to return to the interior of Gobie's house in High Hall (have not tried in FoV yet).

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
It's 10 second cooldown, and you need to wait for the guy to reach the elevator and vanish. It's not much more time to jump down and use the shrine.

veteran
veteran
I always run chase the runners and use the stone as soon as I see the last one vanish. That is faster than jumping down the shaft.

I also seem to recall unusual trouble getting Fanny Blossoms, but I never bothered to chart it.

Support
Support

It is a 10 second cooldowm, but that is still shorter than the time it takes to run to the teleporter and back (more than 30 seconds when I tried it).

You do not need to wait for the runner to leave the throne room. I usually sent all 3 out if I was sending 1, and left after talking to the last one. Even if you just send one runner out, you do not need to wait for him to leave.

As long as I was double checking the cooldown time, I sent Harry out for fanny blossom about 20 times, and he was 65% successful. He came back fine the first 5 or 6 times, then got hurt 3 times in a row, was ok the next 4 times, hurt another 3 times, ok, hurt, and ok the last 3 tries. Either I was unlucky this time, or lucky the last time. In any case, I'm pretty sure I've never had a (fully upgraded) runner come back hurt 3 times in a row before.
I didn't switch to a different herb to check if the success rate went up.

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Wait what? You DON'T need to wait for them to leave? I assumed you did, because that's how it was in ED.

Well, if that's the case, then I'll definitely do it the way Raze suggested.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard