Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi i'm new of this forum, and that's becouse i have some problems with Beyond Divinity.
My name is Andrea but u can call me Dan laugh
I've just bought this game on ebay. I knew that there was problems about the reboot loop thing. But i'm from italy so i have the italian version. (So no patch thing to fix the reboot problem).
I tought that installing the game win 7 may be cause the problem so i've installed virtual box, i've installed Window xp and still i have that problem. I try to open the game and it still ask me to reboot.
Questions:
1) There is a way to make me play this ORIGINAL game that i have?
2) There is a way to make the game compatible with Windows 7 so i can play rightly there and not with the emulator of xp?
3) like said before i have the italian version. So the patch that removes the starforce protection or something that i've seen on the internet can't be installed. What can i do? Pleease help me.. i'm a real fan of the Larian's Products so i want to play this game.

Support
Support

I don't know if there is any way to remove the Starforce copy protection if the Italian publisher never released a 1.49 patch. Did you try searching for a no-CD crack?

BD is available from Good Old Games without any copy protection, but only in English.

You might be able to change a registry entry in order to get the English 1.49 patch to install. If that works (see italian version and vista compatibility), some of the game would be in English.

Some people have tried installing the English patch to help translate the game, with mixed results.

Trying to deal with localization

If you have a spare hard drive, you could install XP and set up a duel boot system (disconnect the Windows 7 hard drive first, as XP will not recognize Win 7 and can mess up the boot sector). You wouldn't necessarily need to set up a boot menu (if you wouldn't keep XP around for other purposes), just change the boot order in the BIOS (a bit more hassle when you want to switch to the opposite OS, but it avoids a boot menu each time you start the computer).

Welcome to the forum. wave

BTW, there is a set of forums for Beyond Divinity, listed below the DKS, D2:ED and general forum groups on the main index page.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard