Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello,

We have made available a patch that will bring your Ego Draconis plus Flames of Vengeance setup up to speed with the improvements of the Dragon Knight Saga.

If you own Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance, you can download the correct patch on the following webpage:

http://www.larian.com/fov2dks_community.php

As the page explains, you need Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance installed. The patch will turn your ED+FOV installation into a DKS installation smile

If you have any questions or issues, please use this topic.

EDIT: Since the link to the download page is broken, here are the page contents and direct download links (though the Developer's Cut release would probably be a lot less hassle than reinstalling D2:ED + FoV + patch + conversion patch).

BETA PATCH
Ego Draconis plus Flames of Vengeance to Dragon Knight Saga patch

Dear Divinity fans,

We are very pleased to announce the release of our long-anticipated (here goes) Ego-Draconis-plus-Flames-of-Vengeance-to-Dragon-Knight-Saga patch!

Before frantically downloading the patch though, please know that you should consider this to be an unofficial release. Practically this means that if you should encounter any problems, support may not be forthcoming quite as lightning-fast as we have previously striven our support to be.

Obviously we're not saying 'use at your own risk' and consequently just look the other way, but - as you can imagine - all the Larians are busy little bees again!

That said, please go ahead and grab the appropriate patch. We sincerely hope you'll enjoy the transition of your good old Ego Draconis plus Flames of Vengeance into the shiny new version that is the Dragon Knight Saga!

To download the BETA PATCH please click the correct download link for your language:

English UK

English US

German

What is this? Do I need this? Can I use this?

This patch is for people who own Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance. If you have both games installed, download this patch to bring your game up to speed with all the features and improvements from The Dragon Knight Saga.

Are you having difficulties with this BETA PATCH?

If you encounter difficulties installing or running this patch, please mention this in the following forum threads:

<this topic>

German topic

Last edited by Raze; 05/08/16 12:29 AM. Reason: add info / links

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
The install ends up smaller than D2+FoV. That's a plus.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
So I downloaded the patcher and got the full dowload on the comp but once I install it there's all these corrupt files (videos) that don't install and I have to ignore them before I can continue. So any ideas as to why this is happening?

EDIT:
Actually all the files are corrupted :S
How annoying...

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before trying to install the patch? If the download itself is not corrupt, the problem may be with extracting the patch contents.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Nope, disabled the firewall and still does it... and if it is with the patch contents what am I to do then?
Literally every file that comes up I have to ignore to proceed...

Last edited by K-Money; 06/03/11 05:44 PM. Reason: frustration
Support
Support

You can try re-downloading the patch...

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I did but it sees it on the hard drive so it doesn't download it, it just goes right to the installation

Support
Support

Delete or move/rename the files on the hard drive.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Nevermind I wasn't sure where I was to look, but I'll see if that works or not.

Last edited by K-Money; 06/03/11 06:40 PM. Reason: Ignorance
Support
Support

I'm not sure what file(s) the patcher downloads or where it is suppose to save them. If you can not find them, try using Windows Search to look for large files created in the last day (etc); you may need to go into the advanced options to search in hidden and system folders.
If you don't have Windows Explorer set to show hidden files and folders, that may help, as well (XP, Vista, Win 7).

If re-downloading doesn't help, try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this post.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Okay I got it, thank you for your support!

J
stranger
stranger
J
The install ends up smaller than D2+FoV. That's a plus.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm very happy to see that you've done this patch, but as a french customer, i'm disapointed to not see this patch for french users.
I think it's because of french editor, but could you tell me why it's not available ? (or better, make available for french users).

Thanks by advance, and a thanks for the good job on divinity saga :fanboyinside:

stranger
stranger
sil vous plait coment fait ton pour instaler le patch hotfix quan je lance linstalation il me dit quue le jeux nes pas instaler ou que ce nes pas la bon version mai faut laquel alor ?http://www.larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/shocked.gif

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and recently reinstalled both Divinity 2 and Flames of Vengeance, both which I had gotten from Direct2Drive. I then tried to use this patch, which seemed to install correctly. When I open the game, the starting movies (with the Larian Studios logo and such) start off normally, then I get a little loading icon in the bottom right which spins once and then the whole screen turns black. There's no menu or anything, so I have to control alt delete out of the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and it still happens this way.

Is there any way to make this playable?

Support
Support

Do D2:ED and FoV start properly before you install the DKS conversion patch?

Black screen in game

Black screen bug on nvidia card

[PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga

If the suggestions in the topics above do not help, try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic. See the support page for FoV.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Yes, both D2:ED and FoV start and run properly before I run the patch. After I run the patch, D2:ED STILL runs properly, but since that only opens the vanilla game it does me no good. That was something I was wondering about, actually. Why are D2:ED and FoV installed in separate folders in the first place, and why isn't the D2:ED folder integrated right into the DKS patch along with FoV instead of being left divided? This seems to complicate matters and I'm left unsure as to what part of my setup is at fault.

Also, I keep reading about changing "UseDesktopResInFullscreen="1", but there is no such attribute in my graphicoptions.xml file. "UseDesktopResInFullscreen" simply doesn't exist. I'd like to know if this was added to Divinity 2 in a recent patch or something.

Finally, I'd also like to point out that I cannot install version 2.0 of DKS after using the DKS conversion patch, as the updater gives me an "Unable to find previous installation of Divinity 2- DKS" error when used. But wouldn't it make sense that I should be able to update the converted game just like a standard DKS install? If not, that's a real shame, because I'd like to have the balancing changes and added difficulty level.

Other than that, the suggestions given didn't change anything so I guess I'm left having to write up a support email.

Last edited by Vryheid; 20/08/11 11:05 AM.
Support
Support

I don't know why FoV doesn't install in the D2:ED folder. Different releases of D2:ED use different default install folders (ie the Steam version installs to the Steam game folder, etc), so maybe they figured it was easier to keep FoV separate.

Did you go through the graphics options and check if there is an option to use the desktop resolution for the UI? Maybe that setting only gets added to the graphicoptions.xml file if you change the default value. I have the Xbox version, so am not familiar with the PC options.

I believe with the conversion patch you need to continue using the FoV patches. In any case the conversion patch was released after the second DKS patch, so I think it should bring the game up to the latest version without needing any additional updates.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Will this patch convert savegames from .dsg to .dxg format (in order to play DKS)? Or it just converts the game into DKS?

Support
Support

The actual saves are not converted, just the game, so you will not be able to continue with the same character after installing the conversion patch.

If you do not have FoV yet, you can continue with your existing character until the end of D2:ED, then upgrade to Divinity 2: Developer's Cut and re-create your character at the beginning of FoV (level 35). You wouldn't have the same equipment (though you'd probably be upgrading that fairly soon anyway) or various loot (which is replaceable), but can match the character's appearance, skills and stats. Battle tower servants are chosen randomly with a new FoV character, but there are other NPCs in Aleroth to perform those functions if you don't like who you get.

If you have FoV, you can wait until you finish the game with your current character, and then get the full upgrade to the Developer's Cut (which would be much easier if you ever need to reinstall the game, rather than installing D2:ED and then FoV and then the conversion patch).

Being a free upgrade for those who bought the PC versions of D2:ED/FoV/DKS (see link above), the copy of D2:DC from the Larian Vault (or directly through Steam, for that version) pretty much makes this conversion patch obsolete.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard