Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Let us read books without having to pick them up and put them into our inventory.

Also, if the next game has the player acquire a permanent "home base", like the Battle Tower, it would be nice if it had a bookshelf, where all the books that character had ever read were automatically available to read from there (not to take and sell, just to read). You could even add an achievement for collecting all the game books into your library.

old hand
old hand
I noticed that in DKS, in many cases the game stresses how powerful and famous Rhode is (description of Blood Echelon armour, Rhode's armour you can buy in Aleroth).

I wouldn't be surprised if she returns as an antagonist in the "Project D" game.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
What I'd love to see: You should be able to switch to all possible languages. So if you bought the, let's say german version, you should be able to download the french or english language package (or whatever langs exist).

apprentice
apprentice
Spells appear to need a major sound overhaul. Whatever my creature is casting sounds like a small electric fan with a bad motor.

How about some diminishing returns on stuns? It's frustrating and ruins the flow of battle when I'm clicking and my character isn't doing anything for up to a second every time they are hit.

Please don't use Gamebryo anymore. Please let it die the death it was due 4 years ago. Aside from being a bloated vomit bag of bugs, tile-based engines = boring and repetitive looking games.

Please do use OpenAL and/or Miles.

journeyman
journeyman
well what to see in Divinity 3? first I like to say that this is a great topic for a good discussion
before I write down any ideas there are some questions to be antswered:

1: Will Divinity 3 be the last sequel or are they making a fourth?
2: If divinity 3 is the last sequel will they make an add onn just as FOV is?

just give your comment on this thank you.

now for some idea's

1: I red that there is a gap in the storyline about Maxos, I agree with the players that it's has te be resolved!

2: skill problems: Alot of skills are not used because they don't benefit you. for example curse most enemy's are immume to it, so no benefit from that.
Also there are two many skills to choose from, so that needs to be checked out.
skills way of the ranger, warrior and mage have no benefit the way they are now. to make it better do like they did in divine Divinity, choose your profession. for example warrior, then make all skills that fall under the profession of warrior easier to rank up or give them a bonus.

3: experience: the way that experience is reduced by each level isn't a succes I think that experience from monsters must be low at the beginning and graduatly goes higher if you gaining levels, because quests XP does that allready. so the ballancing is better this way.

4: items and enemy level:
I red that some people say that enemy's level must be customize to the player level like in oblivion. my advise do not do that, because you can end the game at level one (big mistake they made in oblivion) so my idea is to scale the damage output of the enemy's to the player's level.

items I was not so content about in DKS, because the damage output of the enemy's was higher then the damage of your own weapons. second it's takes to long before you get nice weapons.
my idea is that there are more weapons /item drops from enemy's and containers.
my second idea is that armor/items (human only) can be broke , so the repair skill be put back in like level 1 till 5. it realistic that armor can take damage in battle even as items and weapons. also an idea to put the indentify skill back in the game like level 1 till 5, because you know you can have a pretty nice item/weapon if it has an Indentify level on it;). and if you don't want the skills then you can use the NPC's in the game to help you indentify and the smith to repair/indentify your armor and weapons.

armor sets: in DD was a quest about the dragon armorset. do the name honor and make a quest about the dragon armor set for your dragon!!!!!!. a good idea is the dragon knight armor set quest the one and only worn by maxos!
second make the normal armorsets more interesting because in DKS they wheren't beneficial.

5: realistic features
in DKS I missed the day and night, so it's a good idea to put it back in.
birds and beasts. there where some beasts but no birds in broken valley

6: storyline: the story has now two parts one is the divine and the second is the dragon knight.
a idea is to play the sequel as the divine and/or as the dragon knight.
second idea is to make two parts in the story. part one you play as the dragon knight and the second part you play as the divine.

then we have the patriach, the only real dragon. an idea is that he will become involved in the story. (how I leave that open for discussion)

the relation between the island (sentinal island) and maxos has to be adressed.

I agree with lucreel about the slayers there is a story to be told here aspecialy about commander rode.

futher how about the new order and aleroth champions? there must be a way to unite them.

and what did Talana realy wanted us to see because we where deceived by Ygerna.

7: Area's
put some restrictions on where you can go and where not (like the broken valley mine if the enemy's level is to high then make sure where can't get there there until we have the right level

difficulty bump between area's in DKS wasn't pretty and took away gamefun so that needs to be solved. in DD it was good.

don't put things in the game we can't remove like the anti dragon zone around the harbour in the orobas fjords don't do that again

8: good things the makers have done (open for discussion)

- Mindread very nice opens up new possebilities to get nice things. end quests
- Option about how you want attacking enemy's (dual wield,sword and shield etc.)
- graphincs is good!!!!!
- music is good
- gameplay is good

well it's alot of writing so i'm signing off;)

I'm not God, but I'm close
Support
Support

Larian currently has a couple RPG projects on the go. There has not been anything mentioned about possible add-ons.

Divinity 3 will be the end of this particular story arc, but I'm sure they'll keep making games set in Rivellon as long as they have story/game ideas and the previous games make enough money.

The base experience for combat does increase with higher level opponents. There is also an effect due to your relative level; an experience bonus defeating opponents a higher level than your character, and less experience when the opponents are more than one level lower (see the D2:ED topic xp points per level list? spoilers possible). The details were a little different in DD/BD, but they also had a relative level effect with experience from opponents (see this BD topic).

I found plenty of nice weapons early in the game. More equipment from opponents and containers wouldn't be a bad idea, though.

I'd rather not have level based restrictions on where you can go in the world. DD was more open than D2:ED/DKS, so I'm not sure why it was ok in DD but not in DKS.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by conjurer

2: skill problems: Alot of skills are not used because they don't benefit you. for example curse most enemy's are immume to it, so no benefit from that.

Also there are two many skills to choose from, so that needs to be checked out.

skills way of the ranger, warrior and mage have no benefit the way they are now. to make it better do like they did in divine Divinity, choose your profession. for example warrior, then make all skills that fall under the profession of warrior easier to rank up or give them a bonus.

The debuffs could probably use some reworking to make them more useful, certainly. Perhaps instead of making some enemies immune, just reduce the duration for boss debuffs drastically.

There isn't a need to reduce the number of skills as long as they keep a good supply of skill points available.

No, the offensive buff skills are very good, you don't know what you're talking about. Especially Way of the Ranger, which can give a 400% boost to damage.

my second idea is that armor/items (human only) can be broke , so the repair skill be put back in like level 1 till 5. it realistic that armor can take damage in battle even as items and weapons. also an idea to put the indentify skill back in the game like level 1 till 5, because you know you can have a pretty nice item/weapon if it has an Indentify level on it;). and if you don't want the skills then you can use the NPC's in the game to help you indentify and the smith to repair/indentify your armor and weapons.

Why?

Seriously, is there ANYONE who like needing to stop what they're doing mid-dungeon and having to trek back to a town to repair or identify a weapon? It's a pointless money-drain, and it's not fun.

second make the normal armorsets more interesting because in DKS they wheren't beneficial.

Some are better than others, but to say that they're not beneficial is wrong.

Also please try and learn to spell better.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by conjurer
1: I red that there is a gap in the storyline about Maxos, I agree with the players that it's has te be resolved!

Highly agreed! Maxos needs to play a role in the next title. What did happen to him? Did he die? Did he become a god? Did he become a dragon? Did he simply... retire?

2: Also there are two many skills to choose from,

I think the number of skills is about right. Too many to get all, not too much to get swamped. You can build different characters with the available skills, that is good.

to make it better do like they did in divine Divinity, choose your profession. for example warrior, then make all skills that fall under the profession of warrior easier to rank up or give them a bonus.

Please no, I like classless systems. You can build some warrior with Ring of Fire, or you can create a ranger that has heal, or some warrior that can summon things... I very, very much like this!

3: experience: the way that experience is reduced by each level isn't a succes I think that experience from monsters must be low at the beginning and graduatly goes higher if you gaining levels, because quests XP does that allready. so the ballancing is better this way.

I don't understand this sentence. You get fewer xp for the first monster and more for the last one.
Apart from that: I think that the levelling (how xp scales) works very, very well in Divinity 2. Much better than in most other RPGs I know.

4: items and enemy level:

[...]
Please do not scale anything. Why should an enemy hit harder just because you are stronger? Why should a monster be stronger (your level is higher) just because you are stronger? This is a roleplaying game and part of that is building a believable world. Things do not get stronger or weaker just because a specific person in that world becomes stronger or weaker. For me, scaling enemies (of any kind!) are a total immersion-breaker. And immersion is what RPGs are about to me.

Please also do not make damagable items. That's just annoying and serves no real purpose. I find some nice item - I want to keep it. Why take it away again? Why make me invest time to repair the stupid item instead of letting me actually play your game.
This idea comes from MMOs that live from you hanging out in the game and keeping you there, no matter what. Forcing you do to stuff around playing the game keeps you busy without getting too bored with the repetitive gameplay. This is nothing for a single player RPG!

5: realistic features
in DKS I missed the day and night, so it's a good idea to put it back in.
birds and beasts. there where some beasts but no birds in broken valley

100% agreed! But what I have to admit: The set daytime in Broken Valley and in the Fjords does transport a specific mood in those areas. So while a day-cycle would surely be a nice thing, I am not sure if it is needed.

and what did Talana realy wanted us to see because we where deceived by Ygerna.

As I see it, it has been Ygerna been all along. If you listen to the voice, Talana already speaks as Ygerna (which is an error, I think: If you hear Ygerna's voice in your head it's fine, but why does Talana physically speak with Ygerna's voice? An explanation would be: Talana
never spoke to you, it was always Ygerna's voice in your head.
I think there's nothing to see here.

7: Area's
put some restrictions on where you can go and where not (like the broken valley mine if the enemy's level is to high then make sure where can't get there there until we have the right level

Please no. I like games that have a fixed, accessible world - no matter if you can survive there or not. Please do not hold my hand, if I want to pick enemies that are five or ten levels higher than me... so be it. It's my job to run from that fight. Also, Divinity 2 displays the level of the enemies, so it's quite easy to see if you are outgunned in this place or not.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I was kind of hoping for a staff or something like that to improve how powerful the spells are, because usually I just dodge attacks and use a spell and summon creatures and just repeat that process.

old hand
old hand
Two handed mace. That is all.

Though more realistic looking weapons would be nice. The one handed maces in Divinity 2 just didn't look like real life maces. I mean, it's always nice to have fantasy type armors and weapons but having a few real life types wouldn't hurt either considering Divine Divinity had quite realistic armor and weapons.

As for repairing or identifying weapons/armor/items...I wouldn't really care. It doesn't bother me in DD. Identifying objects never bothered me in NWN either. I wouldn't care if they stayed out though either but if it was possible to break weapons, then it should also be possible to repair yourself as you could do in DD.

Last edited by Demonic; 04/07/11 06:58 PM.
veteran
veteran
I like the "identify" and "durability" of items !! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
I'd like to see either more powerful two-handed weapons or less powerful one-handed weapons... there are several one-handed weapons that are at least as powerful as the most powerful two-handed sword, namely Claw of Abraxas.

veteran
veteran
I in fact mistakenly bought such a one-hander for my two-hander-using character, because the damage was so large.

stranger
stranger
divinity 3 has to have multiplayer co-op then it would be the greatest game ever you would have a lot more get the divintys and there needs to be more dlcs people love using money for their enjoyment with getting dlcs if you guys had more game add ons and made the enimies stronger when friends join your game I know for a fact me AND 27 OF MY FRIENDS ON XBOX LIVE, IF THERE WERE GAME EDITIONS WE WOULD GET THE BEST EDITIONS FOR DIVINITY 3 AND PLEASE MAKE BETTER SINGLE BLADED SWORDS!!!!!!!!

Dont play with fire unless your willing to get burned
stranger
stranger
please also put in starmetal armor for yourself and your dragon form starmetal is a meteorite from dragon age the weapon is overpowered in dragon age so there should be no starmetal weapons if your willing to put in starmetal as high armor for human and dragon forms i will cherish this game iknow what im talking about i love games please put in more levels

Last edited by The Patriarch; 07/07/11 02:26 AM.

S
S
Another idea- how about a direct read from your latest DKS save? did you let loose Behrlin or did you side with Bellagar?

if you sided with Bellagar, then how about a quest to stop some errant explorer from freeing a now-thuroughly pissed Behrlin from joining the rank of the Black ring?
If you sided with Behrlin, then how about a quest where Bellagar tries once again to off the Dragon Knight? [but is unaware that you killed Berhlin]

stranger
stranger
who thinks it would be a good idea if your character was able to do alchemy and make weapons out of iron and gold ect.... and still be able to make potions but also have a place where if you find rare gems or metals you can make dragon armor out of them instead of find the armor and there should be alot more than a 1oo different combinations larian please answer to this or any other divinity lovers please put in your truest thoughts about this] Wether its Excellent,Great,Good,Bad,NOT the best of thoughts Horrible WHAT ever your thoughts are please post on this

journeyman
journeyman
great idea you have put in writing! encore for that

I have idea aswell

a test envoirment for the players to test the features larian makes for D III so that bugs and little ballance issues can be addressed before they launch the game!

I'm not God, but I'm close
T
stranger
stranger
T
Divinity III? So many people have great ideas; wouldn't it be something if they could incorporate them into the game? What I'm getting at is the ability to mod the game. There are several RPG games that encourage their fans to create their own quests, items, weapons and so on. I don't know the technical requirements of coming up with a "tool kit" or some other means of working on the game mechanics, but when I see the huge, loyal fan base of, for example, the Bethesda games, I can't help wonder why Divinity couldn't do the same thing. Modding a game has such an upside - the modders have to have the "canon" of the game down cold. The very best mods maintain the balance of the game - something I think is done rather well in the Divinity series. Modding extends the life of the game. People are still modding Morrowind and Fallout 2 for example. Anyway, just my 2 cents. For all I know there's something in the new engine that makes mods impractical. But if it is possible I think it would be a spectacular boost for the next game in the series.

Support
Support

Before D2:ED was finished Larian said they would like to release modding tools, given enough time and resources without more pressing priorities (see the old topic Is it modder-friendly?). That doesn't seem likely for Divinity 2, but maybe if they kept that in mind during development of their next projects, releasing modding tools might not require as much of a resource commitment at the end of the process.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard